• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Kyoufu said:
Natalya takes a dump on all their candy asses. She needs to be champ again since shes like, the only "Diva" who can wrestle.
If anything, that's good reason for her to never be champ again in the new WWE. It's not like titles mean anything anyhow so it's for the best. Divas title is merely less than functional jewelery. The ladies might as well be having catfights over a purse or cosmetics or Daniel Bryan. It's all the same in the end.

That being said, the idea of LayCool entering into "couples therapy" strikes me as absurdly hilarious.

Keyser Soze said:
Sin Cera has done zero to impress in WWE so far. WWE are handling the debut awful.

If I did not watch his previous stuff, I would not care, and I cannot see how the regular WWE audience could give a shit about him right now

His merch is already selling out. The WWE doesn't care if you're not impressed. :D

As far as wrestling ability go, I'd rate the WWE divas as:

Natalya > Beth > Trish > Gail Kim > Mickie > Lita > Candace Michelle (she was getting there)

As far as looks go:

Layla with straight hair > Alicia Fox > Candace Michelle > Gail Kim > Lita

Trish Stratus confirms cold treatment from John Morrison:

I got a bit of cold shoulder action, correct. John Morrison himself is amazing. He’s a great athlete. I was really looking forward to working with him. I thought it would be cool if we could do some stuff together. He didn’t think it would be that cool. It happens. Hey whatever. It happens. You know he’s into his thing and just didn’t think that I should part of his thing I guess, but I still admire him as an athlete, as a performer. I think he does a great job out there. Cold shoulder? Yeah I felt it. I was shunned. Some people are not smart maybe? You know they wrestle well, but maybe they’re not smart. I don’t know.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Trish Stratus confirms cold treatment from John Morrison:

Basically:

'He has ability, but he's a dumb fuck. I'm highly regarded in the WWE and now they'll job him out for being a dumb fuck'.

JoMo you fool.

I'd take any opportunity to grab her, throw her, double team with her etc. Its fucking Trish Stratus.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Jeff Albertson said:
Jeff Albertson's random entertainer of the week:

robbie.jpg

I'M ROBBIE!!!

I remember that one time he was on impact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzyKaxxe7TE

He got buried for a few weeks before being fututre endeavored.

Heavy said:

HHH, HBK, X-Pac, Nash and Hall were all practically sabotaging peoples careers. Its pretty astonishing that Hunter has Vince's ear because he's now related, Nash has always had Vince's ear for some reason and HBK has pull because of his friendship with Hunter.

Just imagine how different things would have been if they got their way. The attitude era would have been very different. Rock would have been buried and Hunter wouldn't have got punished for the MSG Incident, meaning Stone Cold wouldn't have got a push in his absence.

antonz

Its shitty but its something thats to be expected in an industry that is cut throat. You can bet your ass there are guys in the back right now giddy that Morrison has shit the bed. It opens up opportunities

I don't see how that Shawn-Rock story is new, that stuff has been known for years. The Cliq were massive pricks looking out just for themselves back in the day. Shawn has openly admitted to doing so. Clicking on the link, I thought it was going to be about something that happened backstage between them at WM as a result of their history.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Stories about HBK being an asshole are pretty well documented. As we all know, though, he's changed tremendously since then, and it seems like Rock and HBK have settled their differences.

I'm sure that Shawn has probably settled his differences with many of the people he wronged in the past. Do I believe he is some kind of perfect saint now? No, but I do believe he has changed for the better. The way I see it is if Shawn and Bret were able to settle their issues then I can't see too many others holding grudges with him - unless they are simply still bitter about things that happened a decade ago.

SoulPlaya said:
As we all know, though, he's changed tremendously since then, and it seems like Rock and HBK have settled their differences.

Funny that they settle their differences after they are all established stars. Just don't be knobs to begin with. This is why I respect Jericho more than most wrestlers. Sure, he has been an arse before, but he speaks out openly about wanting every match to be great and showcase all of the wrestlers talent in the match, wanting to push younger talent etc. Guys a legend.

Of all of the guys over the years, If I had to pick two guys to sit down and just have a chat about wrestling, backstage stuff, the industry etc, it would be Jericho and Undertaker. (Undertaker because he very rarely speaks out, opting to keep quiet. He must be sitting on a lot of interesting stuff).

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Galvanise_ said:
Basically:

'He has ability, but he's a dumb fuck. I'm highly regarded in the WWE and now they'll job him out for being a dumb fuck'.

JoMo you fool.

I'd take any opportunity to grab her, throw her, double team with her etc. Its fucking Trish Stratus.
This and it's a shame because he's pussy whipped by a girl that cheated on him. Jomo could get any fucking tail if he had a pair and dumped her ass for good. So now he's gonna be either buried, endeavored or stuck in midcard hell until he leaves to TNA.

Margalis

Banned
I don't think there is any way to "fix" WWE other than get better writers. So much of it is just stupid and not in a goofy lovable 80s way.

UberTag

DMczaf said:
So Cena on Raw says he doesnt care about Miz and never wants to face him again, writers go "WTF! You guys have a rematch you moron!" and now Cena is trying to save face by doing another promo via Twitter during the rest of the week?
UberTag said:
In Cena's defense, I have to think this all boils down to Vince changing his mind over and over again. When Cena delivered his promo, the gameplan was for him to not face Miz again and to move them over to new, exciting feuds (possibly following a draft). Vince changed his mind shortly afterwards.

Heck, Vince may change his mind again tomorrow. Vince doesn't know what he wants any more.
Incidentally, they omitted Cena's comment about not wanting to face Miz again when reairing this segment on tonight's SmackDown. You can effectively book Miz/Cena in a match with some kind of stipulation for Extreme Rules. Have they run a match with the "I Quit" stipulation recently?

Margalis said:
I don't think there is any way to "fix" WWE other than get better writers. So much of it is just stupid and not in a goofy lovable 80s way.
Any writer that goes in there with the intention of doing things "differently" gets spurned relentlessly and overruled by Vince. Anything that reinforces the importance of wrestling, a midcard title or a prolonged midcard feud not centered around a non-wrestling annoyance mouthpiece (i.e. Cole, Vickie, Mrs. Taker, the Bellas) gets shot down.

The entire ecosystem of creative is poisoned and needs to be gutted starting with axing Kevin Dunn, Vince retiring and Michael Hayes getting sent to some rehab clinic. None of these things will happen.

Keyser Soze said:
Sin Cera has done zero to impress in WWE so far. WWE are handling the debut awful.

If I did not watch his previous stuff, I would not care, and I cannot see how the regular WWE audience could give a shit about him right now

Because he hasn't been in a match yet...

DMczaf

UberTag said:
Incidentally, they omitted Cena's comment about not wanting to face Miz again when reairing this segment on tonight's SmackDown. You can effectively book Miz/Cena in a match with some kind of stipulation for Extreme Rules. Have they run a match with the "I Quit" stipulation recently?

First Blood match

Match never ends.

DMczaf

MarshMellow96 said:
It's a shame - JoMo seems like a talented guy but damn is he pussywhipped!

Considering how little confidence he shows during promos, he probably has no confidence in his game.

Does anyone else think if Mania hadn't happened this year then it really wouldn't have mattered?

What I mean is it changed nothing, it didn't end any feuds nor start new ones or anything.

Something was just lacking it's almost like it was just one of those foreign super shows they do, some fun matches but nothing important.

Jeff Albertson said:
Does anyone else think if Mania hadn't happened this year then it really wouldn't have mattered?

What I mean is it changed nothing, it didn't end any feuds nor start new ones or anything.

Something was just lacking it's almost like it was just one of those foreign super shows they do, some fun matches but nothing important.

Yeah. It was one of those shows with some 'entertainment' crud thrown in for 2 hours.

Slater is good at selling moves.

sajj316

Net_Wrecker said:
You're telling me they couldn't work the Corre vs. Kane/Show/Kofi/Santino match like that at Wrestlemania?
That's what I'm saying! A 4 hour show and we got less than 5 minutes.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
How did Santino's team get the third fall when the match ended in DQ? Love that logic.

Was 1-1. Corre got DQ'd giving Santino's team the win. Its like in Championship matches when the champion gets DQ'd. Technically the challenger 'won' but the title didn't change hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom