• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

I've been meaning to ask this since Sunday, but I forgot about it until just now.

-How did the crowd at Wrestlemania 27 come across on TV?

-Did they play the highlight reel of the show on TV at the end? They didn't show it live in the arena, so I was just wondering if they did it for the people at home (probably not :/).

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Jeff Albertson said:
Does anyone else think if Mania hadn't happened this year then it really wouldn't have mattered?

What I mean is it changed nothing, it didn't end any feuds nor start new ones or anything.

Something was just lacking it's almost like it was just one of those foreign super shows they do, some fun matches but nothing important.
I agree that nothing has changed and it's incredibly disappointing because Cole is still continuing his feud with King which has overstayed its welcome. Cena is going back to Miz, thus leaving other stars once again out of the main event picture. The Corre is still getting buried into dirt. Daniel Bryan is signed for no fucking reason at all, still being relatively unused.

Maybe things will change when they endeavor half the roster.

RBH said:
I've been meaning to ask this since Sunday, but I forgot about it until just now.

-How did the crowd at Wrestlemania 27 come across on TV?
Crowd sounded dead several times throughout the show. People said the crowd noise wasn't coming through because of how big the Georgia dome is and that it was open.

evangd007

What's the point of Wrestlemania if they are going to give away the same match again, only better, on the next TV show?

Something good could come out of this though. A long term IC title feud between Kofi and Barret and Big Show and Kane putting over Slater and Gabriel as tag team champs.

Will never happen of course.

Galvanise_ said:
For a Divas match, that wasn't bad. Kelly Kelly and Phoenix can actually pull off some cool shit. I like a Diva that can body press someone.

Beth is the best female wrestler in the business right now

I hope they write a good feud between Awesome Kong and Beth

Sin Cara looked good today, much better pop today than he did on Raw. His entrance was a lot cleaner too haha

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Man if it wasn't for all this Smackdown they were showing, they could just re-air Mondays Raw.

Still find Sin Cara's attire weird, the mask specifically.

Four_Chamber said:
Beth is the best female wrestler in the business right now

I hope they write a good feud between Awesome Kong and Beth

If they booked it properly, I'd actually really enjoy a Beth/Kong/Natalya feud. All of those gals are great in the ring. If the WWE actually gave them some time to work with, hell yeah.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Layla wears the pants in the relationship. She also does the majority of the ringwork and the houseshows without the Mrs.

Jin34

Puts on SmackDown to see Del Rio v Christian. See Cole is still doing the same bullshit after Wrestlemania. Flips channel to Raiders of The Lost Ark.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Plywood said:
Layla wears the pants in the relationship. She also does the majority of the ringwork and the houseshows without the Mrs.

isn't McCool still injured

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Jin34 said:
Puts on SmackDown to see Del Rio v Christian. See Cole is still doing the same bullshit after Wrestlemania. Flips channel to Raiders of The Lost Ark.

Cole's commentating is becoming detrimental to the product. Everyone was so happy when we had JR and King for those 15 minutes of Raw.

Four_Chamber said:
Beth is the best female wrestler in the WWE right now

Fixed.

And for anyone looking for some great IN RING WRESTLING (not "entertainment") you owe it to yourselves to check out:

ROH's Honor Takes Center Stage Chapters 1 and 2. I WILL NOT make the mistake of not ordering their event live next year if they run it again. 6 HOURS over 2 days that completely own Wrestlemania in the ring.

Daniels/Edwards
All Night Express/Briscoes
Generico/Strong
Richards/Strong
WGTT/American Wolves
WGTT/Kings of Wrestling...

...all top notch matches, and the rest of both shows were very good as well. More entertaining than WM27 IMO.

evangd007

Judderman said:
Cole's commentating is becoming detrimental to the product. Everyone was so happy when we had JR and King for those 15 minutes of Raw.

It's kind of sad that Edge's flat, inflectionless commentary is selling the match and the importance of the world title better than anyone else has in months. Other than JR at Mania of course.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Net_Wrecker said:
Fixed.

And for anyone looking for some great IN RING WRESTLING (not "entertainment") you owe it to yourselves to check out:

ROH's Honor Takes Center Stage Chapters 1 and 2. I WILL NOT make the mistake of not ordering their event live next year if they run it again. 6 HOURS over 2 days that completely own Wrestlemania in the ring.

Daniels/Edwards
Generico/Strong
Richards/Strong
WGTT/American Wolves

...all top notch matches, and the rest of both shows were very good as well. More entertaining than WM27 IMO.

Cosigned. It was my first ROH viewing/ppv and it was amazing. Well worth the 20 dollars.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
jobber said:
isn't McCool still injured
Ah yes injured
1v7xT.gif
. Michelle McCool was injured when rather it was decided that Ms. Undertaker should nurse a dead man back to life. We have dismissed that claim.

I love how Edge has been shutting down Cole on commentary.

Net_Wrecker said:
ROH's Honor Takes Center Stage Chapters 1 and 2. I WILL NOT make the mistake of not ordering their event live next year if they run it again.

No need to wait a whole year, the next iPPV is in June, live from the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC - and they'll definitely be running the Wrestlemania weekend next year, it's pretty much become one of ROH's biggest events on the calendar.

Net_Wrecker said:
Daniels/Edwards
Generico/Strong
Richards/Strong
WGTT/American Wolves

I concur, but it was always to be expected that there'd be an overall better quality of wrestling on ROH's cards, WrestleMania should be more about the spectacle and imo, outside of Taker/HHH, it didn't really deliver. As for the ROH shows, I really enjoyed all of the tag matches - Kyle & O'Reilly continue to impress, the title change was well done, it was great seeing good women's wrestling on display, the ANX/Briscoes brawl was just awesome, plus I really liked Elgin/Generico - Elgin is definitely one to keep an eye on.

Bootaaay said:
No need to wait a whole year, the next iPPV is in June, live from the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC - and they'll definitely be running the Wrestlemania weekend next year, it's pretty much become one of ROH's biggest events on the calendar.

I definitely am going to buy their live iPPVs, but I meant next year's Wrestlemania weekend show in particular, I won't make the mistake of not getting it, and thinking the spectacle of Wrestlemania will be enough becauuuuuse....

Bootaaay said:
I concur, but it was always to be expected that there'd be an overall better quality of wrestling on ROH's cards, WrestleMania should be more about the spectacle and imo, outside of Taker/HHH, it didn't really deliver. As for the ROH shows, I really enjoyed all of the tag matches - Kyle & O'Reilly continue to impress, the title change was well done, it was great seeing good women's wrestling on display, the ANX/Briscoes brawl was just awesome, plus I really liked Elgin/Generico - Elgin is definitely one to keep an eye on.

.....as you said here, Wrestlemania didn't deliver. The overall quality of the ROH shows far surpassed whatever spectacle Wrestlemania was attempting to be.

Net_Wrecker said:
I definitely am going to buy their live iPPVs, but I meant next year's Wrestlemania weekend show in particular, I won't make the mistake of not getting it, and thinking the spectacle of Wrestlemania will be enough becauuuuuse....

.....as you said here, Wrestlemania didn't deliver. The overall quality of the ROH shows far surpassed whatever spectacle Wrestlemania was attempting to be.

I'm pretty excited to see ROH in Toronto. The tickets haven't been moving though. I'm 6th row from the ring, and bought 3 tickets over 3 days and each one was beside each other.

I'm actually hoping I can get some pictures with the wrasslers.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
It's like one paragraph rightly stating that Graham didn't know Guerrero at all, so it made no sense. It's not an attack, and Jericho didn't imply he wanted to direct it.
Well, Graham explains it.

DMczaf

http://nodq.com/tna/304327072.shtml

Report: Scott Hall in bad shape at indy show

Twitter user @stevevr1965 went to a wrestling event in Fall River, MA and had this to say about Scott Hall's appearance:

"Update on Scott Hall. He was so gone at the top rope show in Fall River Ma tonight. Very embarrassing for him & promotion. I didn't take any pics because I was actually sad for him. But others took video that will surely end up on youtube. Hall was so wasted he needed two people to help him move. He couldn't sign autographs only take pics and his eyes were half closed."

Scotty 2 Hotty (@thescotty2hotty), who was also at the show, re-tweeted part of what @stevevr1965 wrote and posted the following himself:

"Just witnessed the saddest, most embarrassing thing in my career!!!! How many guys have to die before some guys learn?"

antonz

Spider from Mars said:
I wish that Billy Graham would tell us how he really feels about Jericho... christ.
Haha damn holy shit. yeah he really ripped into Jericho at the end. Though Jericho really does come across as a douche in that all.

Last time I checked Dancing with the Stars is usually populated with has beens

dream

To be fair, Superstar is a total conman so I'd take anything that comes out of his mouth with a grain of salt.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
dream said:
To be fair, Superstar is a total conman so I'd take anything that comes out of his mouth with a grain of salt.
Well, Linda gave him a PERSONAL CALL! That invalidates any criticism towards him. If you see Graham with scissors you better keep your fucking tongue in your mouth.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
dream said:
It's not like Jericho's got the cleanest record of all time.

Oh right, he's got good workrate. Sorry.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lunchbox said:
so depressing to watch old childhood wrestlers like this. its like real life mickey rourke

ill always remember him oozing with machismo, not like the video :'(

FimMR.jpg
Pro wrestling chews people up and spits them out. Atleast Xpac seems to be doing better. I like how he talked on a shoot about how it's great that the guys are playing playstation instead of partying every night.

antonz

AnEternalEnigma said:
I'm not so sure this was just him being drunk. He looks flat out sick. I wonder if this is related to his latest medical episode.
Yeah thats beyond just a hangover or anything like that. Guessing that medical emergency was more than they are willing to let on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom