• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

dream said:
Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan for the U.S. title, which featured the debut of Sin Cara, lost 104,000 viewers.
Any other segment-by-segment numbers from Raw, by any chance? :)

dream

RBH said:
Any other segment-by-segment numbers from Raw, by any chance? :)

Sure.

In the segment-by-segment, the HHH promo to open did a 3.75 rating. Surprisingly, the Jerry Lawler vs. Jack Swagger match followed by the Jim Ross/Michael Cole confrontation grew 359,000 viewers in a time slot that hasn’t done well in recent months, and hit the 4.00 mark. Randy Orton & Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes & C.M. Punk lost 588,000 viewers, which is bad. The Steve Austin introduction of the Tough Enough contestants and confrontation with The Miz and Alex Riley gained 1,073,000 viewers and did a 4.33 quarter. And to no surprise, Alberto Del Rio vs. Evan Bourne following it dropped 986,000 viewers, which is the second biggest quarter drop in recent memory. John Morrison & Trish Stratus vs. Dolph Ziggler & Vickie Guerrero lost 102,000 viewers. Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan for the U.S. title, which featured the debut of Sin Cara, lost 104,000 viewers. And the final segment of the show with the Cena-Rock confrontation and Mania 28 challenge, plus The Corre attack after, gained 1,504,000 viewers to a 4.55 overrun quarter. In males 12-17, the final quarter went from a 3.1 to 4.1, or a 32% increase in viewers among teenagers after 11 p.m. In males 18-49, the increase was from a 3.6 to 4.8, or 33%. The male skew went crazy during the last segment, even with Cena, as it was 79% in teenagers and 73% in 18-49.

Striker

Soon Vince is going to have one hour featuring Cole/Lawler and the second half involve Cena/Miz. Bet on it.

The good peak ratings will drop mightily now that Rocky is gone.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Keyser Soze said:
They should announce Cole vs Lawler II for WM28 on RAW tomorrow...

Oh, written in the stars
A million miles away!
A message to creative
Seasons come and go
Bookings never change
Wrasslin' is on its way
Oooohh

Plywood said:
Those ratings are all over the place, it's crazy.

Not really, people clearly don't want to watch wrestling.

Also jesus Christ at the continuation of pathetic Danielson trolling; it's almost as if Randy and Rey (two of the supposed biggest draws in the company) didn't lost around 6 times the viewership on the same show.

dream said:
Some guys just can't hack it in the big leagues.

And by "some guys" I mean Daniel Bryan specifically.

Perhaps WWE creative needs to book the strengths of each wrestler, rather than trying to force a square peg in a round hole.

Kusagari

Spirit of Jazz said:
Not really, people clearly don't want to watch wrestling.

Also jesus Christ at the continuation of pathetic Danielson trolling; it's almost as if Randy and Rey (two of the supposed biggest draws in the company) didn't lost around 6 times the viewership on the same show.

They just couldn't follow Cole/King. Not many can.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
bangai-o said:
Shane McMahon is trending on twitter. Everyone is asking why is Shane McMahon trending.

ikLrDa.jpg

You know I didn't even mark out that hard for the return of the Rock, but if I ever hear 'Here comes the moneyyyy...' start playing again I'll probably have a stroke.

Azuran

Banned
worldrunover said:
Also, Punk and Miz, as far as mic skills go, are very close. I personally give the edge to Miz, but I don't want to open up that can of worms...

I agree.

There's a reason why Miz is the WWE Champion and Punk is jobbing to Orton.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Azuran said:
I agree.

There's a reason why Miz is the WWE Champion and Punk is jobbing to Orton.

Miz isn't special in the ring (though he's improved a remarkable amount over the years), but he's great on the mic. Punk is both great on the mic and great in the ring. I think Miz has a kind of natural charisma that Punk doesn't have, though.

Just seen a article on Pwtorch showing a mitb posters with a new WWE logo on. I think it's fake though it's that horrible logo that surfaced a few months back. Super generic.

Sorry can't link I'm on my phone.

Azuran

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Miz isn't special in the ring (though he's improved a remarkable amount over the years), but he's great on the mic. Punk is both great on the mic and great in the ring. I think Miz has a kind of natural charisma that Punk doesn't have, though.

Which is the reason why Miz is gonna be a great face if he ever turns. Reading and watching his interviews, he turns out to be a really cool guy anyone would like to hang out with. It's so hard to hate someone like him.

Azuran said:
Which is the reason why Miz is gonna be a great face if he ever turns. Reading and watching his interviews, he turns out to be a really cool guy anyone would like to hang out with. It's so hard to hate someone like him.

The crowd may turn him before creative does. At our Wrestlemania party, his intro video was a huge hit and a lot of the "casuals" there were stunned that he was that guy from the Real World and had made good on his dreams.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Jeff Albertson said:
Just seen a article on Pwtorch showing a mitb posters with a new WWE logo on. I think it's fake though it's that horrible logo that surfaced a few months back. Super generic.

Sorry can't link I'm on my phone.

dvKM3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom