• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening Musuko said:
dvKM3.jpg

Two Ws over each other. That is a terrible promotional poster.

WWE originally planned for Triple H to ride a Clydesdale horse to the ring for his match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXVII. During a test run, the horse fell through the trap door on the WrestleMania stage, with Hunter riding it. The horse was spooked and went wild. Plans for the ring entrance were immediately scrapped. Someone from WWE then contacted Bill Behrens looking for local talent to play the role of spartans for the new entrance. Behrens said on his "Inside the Behrens Bubble" podcast he wasn't contacted by WWE until Saturday morning looking for talent.

I worked two shows with Behrens on that Saturday. I wasn't eligible to be an extra because they wouldn't take anybody smaller than 6'0''. I'm 5'10''...

Jin34

In the segment-by-segment, the HHH promo to open did a 3.75 rating. Surprisingly, the Jerry Lawler vs. Jack Swagger match followed by the Jim Ross/Michael Cole confrontation grew 359,000 viewers in a time slot that hasn’t done well in recent months, and hit the 4.00 mark. Randy Orton & Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes & C.M. Punk lost 588,000 viewers, which is bad. The Steve Austin introduction of the Tough Enough contestants and confrontation with The Miz and Alex Riley gained 1,073,000 viewers and did a 4.33 quarter. And to no surprise, Alberto Del Rio vs. Evan Bourne following it dropped 986,000 viewers, which is the second biggest quarter drop in recent memory. John Morrison & Trish Stratus vs. Dolph Ziggler & Vickie Guerrero lost 102,000 viewers. Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan for the U.S. title, which featured the debut of Sin Cara, lost 104,000 viewers. And the final segment of the show with the Cena-Rock confrontation and Mania 28 challenge, plus The Corre attack after, gained 1,504,000 viewers to a 4.55 overrun quarter. In males 12-17, the final quarter went from a 3.1 to 4.1, or a 32% increase in viewers among teenagers after 11 p.m. In males 18-49, the increase was from a 3.6 to 4.8, or 33%. The male skew went crazy during the last segment, even with Cena, as it was 79% in teenagers and 73% in 18-49.

iVn8b.gif

VMel3.gif

HItlO.gif

fWxHd.gif

Joa6q.jpg

I think that about wraps it up for me for a while, the mere thought that heel Cole is possibly a draw is mind blowing. Add to that that a long tag match between 2 of the 3 super faces vs one of the top heels and an up and coming heel lost nearly 600k viewers. Cole adds viewers but actual wrestling loses them. And Del Rio makes ppl change the channel to boot. Has to be the most depressing quarter hour breakdown I've seen in quite some time.

Jin34

akskiller said:
People don't tune in to RAW to see wrassling! They want entertainment and thus loss of viewers!

Not sure if you are being sarcastic, but what in the hell is entertaining about Cole?

Mr. Sam

Heel Cole has overstayed his welcome, yes. WrestleMania was the perfect opportunity to put him back in his box... so to speak.

JdFoX187

Banned
Evening Musuko said:
I can get behind this. Now who would he manage? Swagger?
That'd be perfect. Swagger's one drawback is his mic work. He's great in the ring and could draw insane heat with Cole. They already have a relationship, so it'd be perfect.

DM! GUZIM! THAT OTHER GUY! I'm calling an emergency meeting of the Snowglobe Clique to figure out how we will deal with the banning of animated avatars.

Mr. Sam

Professor Beef said:

I'm fine with that, it's for charity, but $100 for a picture is pretty steep.

Edit:

JdFoX187 said:
That'd be perfect. Swagger's one drawback is his mic work. He's great in the ring and could draw insane heat with Cole. They already have a relationship, so it'd be perfect.

Swagger's promo with all his trophies was one of my favourites from last year.

DMczaf

Ninja Scooter said:
DM! GUZIM! THAT OTHER GUY! I'm calling an emergency meeting of the Snowglobe Clique to figure out how we will deal with the banning of animated avatars.

Someone is going to have to take the bullet for the Snowglobe Clique's MSG Curtain Call moment.

Guzim

Ninja Scooter said:
It just won't be the same without the snowglobe sparkling.

Evening Musuko said:
I could probably do the $250. I'm not much of a talker though.
You could give him my number. Of course, I will only repeat "Please come back to WWE and bring Kurt with you" over and over until he hangs up.

JdFoX187 said:
Give Cole a mic and make him call Swagger's matches over the house mic. People would really hate that.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Matthew Gallant said:
You could give him my number. Of course, I will only repeat "Please come back to WWE and bring Kurt with you" over and over until he hangs up.

Get me a 3DS and we have a deal.

canadian crowe said:
Give Cole a mic and make him call Swagger's matches over the house mic. People would really hate that.

Holy shit! Brilliant!

So wait, Kofi's on the cover of wwe allstars and has a new Green Boom shirt........how is he getting buried? i wouldnt be surprised if he won the smackdown mitb in July.

RBH

--Wade Keller claims on his PWTorch podcast that TNA is undergoing some serious changes, and there is even talk of doing rebranding and changing the name. Honky Tonk Man is claiming there are also going to be changes in upper management and promises to break some major news in his podcast tomorrow.

Keller is making it sound like the Jeff Hardy thing at the PPV was the final straw, in regards to a lot of things.

Really hope this turns out to be true.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
please be true. a hard restructuring would be the only way i would bother watching again. that and bringing back the 6 sided ring

RBH said:
Really hope this turns out to be true.

All TNA changes are bad. Always. Even when you think they are the worst the can be, they will change for the worst again. You can not comprehend how bad TNA can get, no one can.

I'm only kidding about Heyman. But seriously, if these changes don't include getting totally rid of Vince Russo, then they don't matter.

This man is seriously a cancer to wrestling that will never go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom