• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Nash:

Scott is in the hospitial up north,I'll be at the airport when he lands and taking him to my home when he lands.
Please don't judge Scott on what you just saw.He would give any of you a kidney
to the motherfuckers that made a joke who would want his kidney lol send me your address and lets see how funny it is
he's my brother we will get through this.To Scotts fans thank you 4 your love you're as special as he is

It really is hard to see Scott in the state he is in now. Listening to some interviews he has done in the past year or so, he really has been struggling with his addictions and trying to fight them. I hope Nash is able to help him get things together this time and that he is able to get clean and stay sober going forward.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
AnEternalEnigma said:
Kevin Nash:

this shit hurts me to fucking read. i was hoping that him not being in atlanta for wrestlemania weekend meant he was taking it slow. i didnt think he would try to work a damn show....

What really sucks is that you can see in Hall's recent videos, he's gotten back into good shape. He's lost all the chub he had during his most recent TNA run.

Carnby

I used to say, "Screw Hall. He is a loser for all of his drug abuse. Who needs him!?"

But after seeing the most recent video I am genuinely scared for him. I have honestly always liked him, but it pissed me off to see him waste away.

Now I wonder who is the one that enabling his behavior. He would have been able to fly from the UK to the USA in that condition without someone's help. Who ever is encouraging this behavior needs to be outed. It is partly their fault for enabling this whole fiasco. I truly hope Nash's intervention will help.

Hall is a case of someone with a genuine addiction problem who is trying to fight it but keeps on messing up. It isn't like he just says "Screw it! I'll party hard til I drop!" or some BS like that. It really is sad to see him in this kind of state.

I just fear that, at this point, even if he does completely over come these addictions it may end up a case like Eddie and Hawk where there SHOULD have been a happy ending to their struggles but instead the cumulative damage of years of abuse got to them and cut their lives short.

I'm not really sure where any of this sympathy is coming from, other than "yeah he tries, and I remember him from the TV."

No one really has good words to say about him because he's been a dick to everyone in the wrestling business, and this alcoholism and drug addiction problem has been going for decades. At this point it's no longer about figuring out who's the enabler. It's about a fuckup just fucking up.

DungeonO

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
I'm not really sure where any of this sympathy is coming from, other than "yeah he tries, and I remember him from the TV."

No one really has good words to say about him because he's been a dick to everyone in the wrestling business, and this alcoholism and drug addiction problem has been going for decades. At this point it's no longer about figuring out who's the enabler. It's about a fuckup just fucking up.

You either haven't ever dealt with addiction, or you have a distorted view on it from a bad experience.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ninja Scooter said:
True. It's what made me laugh when people used to criticize Rock for getting the fuck out in favor of a movie career. Yeah, he has to dress up like a Tooth Fairy and do kiddie movies, but he's getting paid millions of dollars for 6 weeks worth of work, not busting his ass and destroying his body 300 days out of the year for less money.
Yeah I felt he got out with perfect timing, now that he has returned he almost feels out of place in this PG era. It doesn't seem like he really means what he's saying well except for the 20 minute return promo which was great.

RBH

RBa59.jpg

Dat suit

Hall's publicist said that the doctors told them he had a bad reaction to a mix of blood pressure medication, which caused his ill appearance at the show on Friday. They are currently working to find a mix of medication that won't harm him. They are all very adamant that this was not alcohol-related nor did he overdose on anything.

Listening to the Iwantwrestling podcasts. Man, WWE :(, when did we try to emulate Hollywood and serialized tv shows and get writers?

What happen to the days of Dusty, Kevin Sullivan, etc booking?

I understand the rationale but the execution...argh, especially with Vince/HHH/Hayes/Dunn involved.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Beth Phoenix at a WWF live event in 1996 when she was 15 with her brother:

c76ik.jpg
Ha ha! I wanted that Shawn Michaels shirt when I was little and my Dad wouldnt buy it for me. XD

My wife gave me a weird look when I said I thought Beth Phoenix was hot when we were watching last weeks Smackdown.

atomsk

Party Pooper
AnEternalEnigma said:
Beth Phoenix at a WWF live event in 1996 when she was 15 with her brother:

this is exactly what Austin was talking about on TE, it's really easy to weed out who has a passion for the business

the Shawn Michaels face on her shirt is staring into my soul like the Vigo painting in Ghostbusters II.

atomsk said:
this is exactly what Austin was talking about on TE, it's really easy to weed out who has a passion for the business

GAF favorite John Morrison didn't know shit about wrestling and was booted off the original TE because of it, much like Arianne.

Ninja Scooter said:
GAF favorite John Morrison didn't know shit about wrestling and was booted off the original TE because of it, much like Arianne.
Huh? Morrison was one of the winners of season 3 of the original Tough Enough.

Edit: Oh. Season 2.

El Pescado said:
Huh? Wasn't Morrison one of the finalists in the original Tough Enough?

Season 2 I believe. He was booted the season before because he came out doing all these fancy gymnastics moves and when they asked him to do Booker T's spinarooni he said "WTF is a spinarooni". Didn't sit well with the trainers.

DMczaf

Ninja Scooter said:
the same people that like that loser Bryan Daniels.

Then call them out by name, don't say "GAF"

I'll start saying "Laker fans" when Konex says something crazy every 5 mins

Lunchbox said:
no one likes jomo
I like Morrison
as a heel.
His finisher is terrible though
, almost as bad as his girlfriend.
I wish he'd go back to the Moonlight Drive.
I'm weirded out by how messed up his relationship with Melina is too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom