• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
krae_man said:
I can't wait for Rock-Cena one on one tonight for free one day after an event people would have paid good money to see.

They'll probably build it up to Summer Slam, if Rock's schedule is as free as has been reported.

krae_man said:
I can't wait for Rock-Cena one on one tonight for free one day after an event people would have paid good money to see.
I'm hoping for a 15 minute Sheamus Vs Bryan match tonight on raw, as a paying customer for WM I feel they still owe me this.

JdFoX187

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
They'll probably build it up to Summer Slam, if Rock's schedule is as free as has been reported.
Don't think his schedule is that free though. He's got Journey 3D he has to start filming soon, and he's also signed on for Snitch in the past couple of weeks. There's also his Fast Five promotional duties. He'll go back to appearing "via satellite" if anything.

jmdajr

Nocturnowl said:
I'm hoping for a 15 minute Sheamus Vs Bryan match tonight on raw, as a paying customer for WM I feel they still owe me this.

I feel bad for those fans from Ireland that came all this way to see Sheamus.
They should give them back their money.

Brinbe

JdFoX187 said:
Don't think his schedule is that free though. He's got Journey 3D he has to start filming soon, and he's also signed on for Snitch in the past couple of weeks. There's also his Fast Five promotional duties. He'll go back to appearing "via satellite" if anything.
Probably... and after last night, I think I'm already experiencing some major Rock fatigue. By the time SS rolls around I don't think I'll give a shit about this feud, especially if they don't do a thing with Cena's character.

sajj316

Nocturnowl said:

This. I better get a 15 minute match. This is your future Vince. Wrestlemania is over. Get back to building up your new talent. Add a Morrison versus Diggler match while you're at it. In fact, I wouldn't mind a Morrison/Bryan vs. Sheamus/Diggler match .. but for 15 minutes. Let them put on a show!!!

sajj316 said:
I don't mind this at all. The guy obviously is passionate about this business. The Miz character has been there since the Real World days. He went the route of Tough Enough and got crapped on for not paying his dues. Slowly but surely he's built enough credibility to win the championship. I like the story.
Well that's the thing.

I admire it because I know it was the guy's dream and he made it come true. So that's cool, you have to respect anyone that can live their dream.

However, as purely a wrestling observer, "the miz" on the real world was more of a caricature of a wrestler than an actual persona. Thus seeing it as a REAL character just makes me laugh at it.

Nocturnowl said:

Even though I only paid $2 for 'Mania last night, I, too, am a little bummed I didn't get to see that match.

And I would be even MORE bummed if I actually paid $65 dollars and didn't get what was advertised (in addition to 'Mania being a terrible show altogether).

And the WWE wonder why buyrates are down...it's just not worth the money when A) They don't give people what they promise and B) The shows are just not entertaining enough to warrant the huge price tag.

Next year's 'Mania will be really interesting. Vince already used his Rock and Stone Cold cards...'Taker is practically dead...and he's too scared to make any major changes (turn Cena heel, actually push someone new, etc.)....what will he do? :D

Nocturnowl said:

you shoulda got a refund. That wasnt a full card..

Aight Gaf Rank matches

1.HHH/TAKER
2.TIE: CENA/MIZ & EDGE/ADR
4.TIE ORTON/PUNK & REY/CODY
SNOOKI MATCH

REST-Forget it

JdFoX187

Banned
sf2fanatic said:
you shoulda got a refund. That wasnt a full card..

Aight Gaf Rank matches

1.HHH/TAKER
2.TIE: CENA/MIZ & EDGE/ADR
4.TIE ORTON/PUNK & REY/CODY
SNOOKI MATCH

REST-Forget it
How is Cena/Miz over Rey/Cody? Cody put on the best match of the whole night. And Snooki was the second most enjoyable match, and it pains me terribly to say that.

sajj316

Dork Knight said:
Even though I only paid $2 for 'Mania last night, I, too, am a little bummed I didn't get to see that match.

And I would be even MORE bummed if I actually paid $65 dollars and didn't get what was advertised (in addition to 'Mania being a terrible show altogether).

And the WWE wonder why buyrates are down...it's just not worth the money when A) They don't give people what they promise and B) The shows are just not entertaining enough to warrant the huge price tag.

Next year's 'Mania will be really interesting. Vince already used his Rock and Stone Cold cards...'Taker is practically dead...and he's too scared to make any major changes (turn Cena heel, actually push someone new, etc.)....what will he do? :D

My wife asked me before we fell asleep, "you think you got what you paid for"? Sadly, the answer is no. Now, if RAW ends up being 2x the show that Mania was ... I'd be pissed.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Brinbe said:
Probably... and after last night, I think I'm already experiencing some major Rock fatigue. By the time SS rolls around I don't think I'll give a shit about this feud, especially if they don't do a thing with Cena's character.
What should happen is they'd start a program with Cena-Rock now, have Cena get distracted by another threat (be it Miz or somebody else), and somehow write Rock off in a way that says "I'll be back." Then the storyline stays on the backburner until Rock comes out of nowhere to eliminate Cena from the Royal Rumble, setting up a Rock vs. Cena headliner for Wrestlemania 28, culminating a 14 month storyline.

It's really the only thing they can do with it. You can't give away Cena-Rock at Extreme Rules or some shit like that, and I just don't think Summerslam is going to work schedule-wise.

Of course, this is all based on logic. Which is hardly WWE Creative's strong suit.

Fourth Storm said:
Not sure if you're aware, but the WHC does not have a lineage going back to the NWA titles, despite the fact that the belt looks the same (it does seem a bit smaller and more yellow, but maybe that's just me). All the NWA/WCW history was merged into the WWE title when Chris Jericho became unified champ. :D

Didn't know it wasn't exactly the same belt. Still, I feel there is a lot more history with that WHC title. Also, it just looks better. The Unified title was a fantastic idea, but I still don't recognize the WWE Title as carrying any of the lineage tha the WHC title has. They should just unify the belts anyways.

MattyH

after watchin the taker trips match again i only got one thing to say they worked each other to near death for their age they had a hell of a match

sajj316 said:
My wife asked me before we fell asleep, "you think you got what you paid for"? Sadly, the answer is no. Now, if RAW ends up being 2x the show that Mania was ... I'd be pissed.

Yeah...the WWE really had a chance to bring back new viewers based on the interest of the Rock and Stone Cold by putting on an amazing show.

Instead, they put on a really, really bad show that will no doubt remind the people who bought the PPV why they stopped watching in the first place.

Good product keeps people paying.

Bad product keeps people away.

Seems easy, right? :D

JdFoX187 said:
How is Cena/Miz over Rey/Cody? Cody put on the best match of the whole night. And Snooki was the second most enjoyable match, and it pains me terribly to say that.

I know Cody did an awesome job..One of his finest but I went based on the entire entrance promo..MIZ/CENA had Nas-pdiddy and Cena-DMX...Im alittle bias..sorry

JdFoX187

Banned
sf2fanatic said:
I know Cody did an awesome job..One of his finest but I went based on the entire entrance promo..MIZ/CENA had Nas-pdiddy and Cena-DMX...Im alittle bias..sorry
No offense, but that just shows how god awful the match was, when the opening promos were the most enjoyable thing about it.

NYR said:
:(

That makes me feel bad. Poor kid...hard to remember that children really are innocent at some point in their lives.

My friends and I were pretty vicious to the kids at the Wrestlemania party we were at. They were all "Cenanation" and we were rabid for the Miz. At some point after the Miz won someone ripped a homemade anti Miz sign off the wall and shredded it yelling "problem, little kids? Problem, fat chicks?"

I think there will be less alcohol at next years WM party.

Kusagari

WM27 was the equivalent of TNA's first Monday Night show. They got new viewers to tune in and blew any chance of retaining them with a horrible show.

JdFoX187 said:
No offense, but that just shows how god awful the match was, when the opening promos were the most enjoyable thing about it.

True dat

What disappoint me too last night was Morrison and Kofi...

They didnt allow them to show more of their talent...

Striker

sf2fanatic said:
True dat

What disappoint me too last night was Morrison and Kofi...

They didnt allow them to show more of their talent...
Not just those two. Other young guys like Swagger and Ziggler were treated like afterthoughts.

Develop a midcard, something they haven't done in seemingly six years.

JdFoX187

Banned
Striker said:
Not just those two. Other young guys like Swagger and Ziggler were treated like afterthoughts.

They have a midcard. It's called the celebrity of the week and Hornswaggle.

Brinbe

Striker said:

Maaan, and look at those names. Those guys can fucking work if given a chance. Add Sheamus-Bryan to the mix and there are possibly two-three solid matches right there.

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
Saw this in a pub in Birmingham, energy for HHH/Taker match was great and was split 50/50, for Cena match crowd booed him to hell, but when he lost a grown man started to cry and then his wife hit someone for laughing at him.

Throughly enjoyable

eggybob said:
Saw this in a pub in Birmingham, energy for HHH/Taker match was great and was split 50/50, for Cena match crowd booed him to hell, but when he lost a grown man started to cry and then his wife hit someone for laughing at him.

Throughly enjoyable
That part of the day must of been better than most of yesterday's Wrestlemania.

MattyH

eggybob said:

Throughly enjoyable

what pub mate?

Striker said:

Fuck that. Develop stars, so you don't have to rely upon Austin and Rock.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
1301923454057.png

1301934301748.gif

So good

Green Goblin said:
Wait, Snooki too?!

MTV-MANIA more like it. Damn, WWE, find your own characters.

Call me when they reassemble NWO.

NWO 4 LIFE
The Gaf wrasslin' thread turned into a Youtube comment channel so gradually I didn't even notice.

Striker

Spiderjericho said:
Fuck that. Develop stars, so you don't have to rely upon Austin and Rock.
Develop a midcard and eventually have them become main event status. Instead, they put random instances for many guys in the main event, i.e. CM Punk years ago, and Jack Swagger last year, and both reigns failed because of WWE's incompetence. Then you have Ziggler, Morrison, and Kofi on the fringe of main event status facing perhaps Edge or Miz, and they just lean back and just ditch them into some nonsense at Mania. No planning prior. Why is it they only planned on giving proper build to just Cena and Michael Cole? Makes no damn sense. Look how they've treated Miz as champion. I honestly won't be surprised if he's back down to mediocrity by years end; with the way he gets booked, it is no wonder.

Develop guys like Ziggler, Morrison, Kofi, etc. so we don't reply on Cena and Orton all the fucking time. They're the definition of stale.

As someone who decided to drop $65 on this thing, let me say first....

It's completely unacceptable that they cut the Sheamus/Bryan match. For people who enjoy watching WRESTLING, this may have been the match of the show and they just cut it out to give us hot garbage like Corre tag match and Cole/Lawler (which went on 10 minutes too long).

However, Trips/Taker was awesome. And I rather enjoyed the Punk/Orton match, it was definitely runner up match of the night. I think the WHC match and Cody/Rey matches were servicable, but not all that memorable.

The Miz/Cena match, I don't know what to think of it. I feel like they wanted to give the belt to Cena, but the Rock/Cena build up had been SO heavy that if the Rock DIDN'T put down Cena fans would have been pissed. So it seemed almost impromptu the way they made Cena lose the match. Interesting to see where it goes from here.

sajj316

Seems Angle has claimed his twitter account was "hacked". Here are some of his tweets.

source: lordsofpain.net

"To anyone I upset, I am sorry. I didn't watch W-mania last night. I DID get a lot of tweets during Show. About Orton, Swagger,etc.Who cares?"

"I think the whole thing is Halarious. How I upset all of U amazes me.I don't read dirt sheets,but u heard they r upset.They're 'dirt' sheets."

"I Hope that W-mania was entertaining for all of You, especially 'The Rock'. Oh, and Orton-relax, I won't beat ur ass. You can use my move:)."

"2 Randy Orton's credit, I Heard He had the best match of the night. Good for You! Btw,I Never used Shamrock's finish while he still wrestled."

"There's a big difference to using a Finish somebody did b4 U, and is doing while U still Wrestle. The fact is, I don't care. Sorry everybody."

"Lastly,I just found out somebody hacked into my Twitter account.Most of those tweets weren't from me.I just found out today. I will find out."

"Who would do this? I don't know why somebody would pretend to be me. I apologize for the remarks. I'm not a twitter guy so I rarely use it."

"On a side note,Randy and I discussed the Angle Slam.I am happy Orton used my Finish.As he put it,imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

"Good Luck Randy. Thank You for reaching out to me!!!"

"Remember that Wrestlemania is an Event bigger than all of us. If You enjoyed it, great. That's most important. Social networking is a Bitch."

Kyoufu

The fact that you guys won't even acknowledge the greatness that is the Cody/Rey match means this WM was worth your 65 dollars.

Striker said:
Develop guys like Ziggler, Morrison, Kofi, etc. so we don't reply on Cena and Orton all the fucking time. They're the definition of stale.

Honestly, everything is a cycle. So, right now it seems like the WWE is repeating the early, mid 90s. The main event was usually Bret Hart/Yokozuna and maybe someone randomly thrown in.

And back then, they didn't have anyone to take over the reigns left by the departure of Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan. Nor did they have Ricky Steamboat, Savage was on and off, etc.

I agree they should develop Rhodes, Ziggler, Morrison, Kofi, Barret (he was the top heel half a year ago), Daniels, etc.

It just seems like such shit now, but we'll all consume it.

Kyoufu said:
The fact that you guys won't even acknowledge the greatness that is the Cody/Rey match means this WM was worth your 65 dollars.

It was a good match but I'm not sure where it was altogether different than every Rey match. Yes Cody dominated and got the win, that was nice, but the match itself I thought was you standard Rey match. I thought Punk/Orton was much more entertaining, which surprises even me, because I'm never entertained by Orton.

jmdajr

Cody and Rey were definitely the sleeper hit of the night, no doubt.

As far as Orton/Punk, I would say it was one of Randals best matches. People here dog him all the time, but he did good work there.

Biggest disappointment for me was the Cole match. I guess I was stupid thinking Cole would actually put some effort into it. Couldn't he have learned at least a few wrestling moves? Shit.
He didn't even get much of beating. No pile driver. No chair shot. No going through a table.
Like I said before, at least Vince can take an ass whooping.

sajj316

Kyoufu said:

I don't considerate it great but it was a good match. I enjoyed Cody winning to build him up. I'm liking his character since it's somewhat new.

sajj316 said:
Seems Angle has claimed his twitter account was "hacked". Here are some of his tweets.

Is this like the time he used Twitter a few weeks ago (which he says he doesn't use) and claimed he was in a snow bank, not under the influence, etc?

These guys are stars and need to really watch or have a filter for what they post on social networking sites.

Kyoufu

worldrunover said:
It was a good match but I'm not sure where it was altogether different than every Rey match. Yes Cody dominated and got the win, that was nice, but the match itself I thought was you standard Rey match. I thought Punk/Orton was much more entertaining, which surprises even me, because I'm never entertained by Orton.

I'm pretty sure you weren't entertained by Orton, because he was being dominated in that match until the Random Knock Out.

Kyoufu said:
I'm pretty sure you weren't entertained by Orton, because he was being dominated in that match until the Random Knock Out.

LOL Ok, so I was entertained by Punk. And Punk put on a great show. But I'll still give Orton some of the credit.

Hex

Banned
sajj316 said:

source: lordsofpain.net

"To anyone I upset, I am sorry. I didn't watch W-mania last night. I DID get a lot of tweets during Show. About Orton, Swagger,etc.Who cares?"

"I think the whole thing is Halarious. How I upset all of U amazes me.I don't read dirt sheets,but u heard they r upset.They're 'dirt' sheets."

"I Hope that W-mania was entertaining for all of You, especially 'The Rock'. Oh, and Orton-relax, I won't beat ur ass. You can use my move:)."

"2 Randy Orton's credit, I Heard He had the best match of the night. Good for You! Btw,I Never used Shamrock's finish while he still wrestled."

"There's a big difference to using a Finish somebody did b4 U, and is doing while U still Wrestle. The fact is, I don't care. Sorry everybody."

"Lastly,I just found out somebody hacked into my Twitter account.Most of those tweets weren't from me.I just found out today. I will find out."

"Who would do this? I don't know why somebody would pretend to be me. I apologize for the remarks. I'm not a twitter guy so I rarely use it."

"On a side note,Randy and I discussed the Angle Slam.I am happy Orton used my Finish.As he put it,imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

"Good Luck Randy. Thank You for reaching out to me!!!"

"Remember that Wrestlemania is an Event bigger than all of us. If You enjoyed it, great. That's most important. Social networking is a Bitch."

Yeah Angle, and you were just sitting in the intersection relaxing too.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Striker said:
Develop a midcard and eventually have them become main event status. Instead, they put random instances for many guys in the main event, i.e. CM Punk years ago, and Jack Swagger last year, and both reigns failed because of WWE's incompetence. Then you have Ziggler, Morrison, and Kofi on the fringe of main event status facing perhaps Edge or Miz, and they just lean back and just ditch them into some nonsense at Mania. No planning prior. Why is it they only planned on giving proper build to just Cena and Michael Cole? Makes no damn sense. Look how they've treated Miz as champion. I honestly won't be surprised if he's back down to mediocrity by years end; with the way he gets booked, it is no wonder.

This is their huge problem right now. WWE has two career paths:

1) Instantly elevated to main event status within a few months of debut
2) Linger around in the lower to mid-card before being future endeavored.

It's very rare to see somebody who doesn't fit those any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom