• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Vylash

WiiU generation should be completely side stepped for whatever comes out next. You'll most likely be able to play the WiiU library anyway. Might as well wait.

There's no chance in hell that the next Nintendo system will be backwards compatible

Toki767

HHH must feel like Evolution is a success with that ratings bump.

It's also probably safe to say any interest in Cena/Wyatt after WrestleMania was killed after Cena's horrible promo last week.

jmdajr

There's no chance in hell that the next Nintendo system will be backwards compatible

Digitally it will. Why wouldn't it be? Most games don't even use the screen on the controller anyway. Sure If you want to play Zombie WiiU or whatever the fuck it's called, yeah, you might be hosed.

HHH must feel like Evolution is a success with that ratings bump.

It's also probably safe to say any interest in Cena/Wyatt after WrestleMania was killed after Cena's horrible promo last week.

If live crowds are any indication, Evolution is just watering down the three guys in it at this point. The second hour has consistently had the highest viewership since DST anyway.

Vylash

Digitally it will. Why wouldn't it be? Most games don't even use the screen on the controller anyway. Sure If you want to play Zombie WiiU or whatever the fuck it's called, yeah, you might be hosed.

You're giving Nintendo way too much credit, they're too lazy to even let you play wii games on the gamepad

Backwards compatibility is a pretty overrated feature IMHO

It's a convenience thing, but since I decided to keep all my old consoles and be all super trendy guy and have them all on display still I'm not bothered. I've decided to embrace my collection and buck the trend of the digital future.

Boxes for me.

Sephzilla

I used to disagree so much but...

you're right.

PS3 didn't take off until after it axed its BC. The two lowest selling systems in the market right now are the Wii-U and Vita, both are BC, and the Wii-U has access to the entire Wii library which sold 100+ million systems. Yeah, 3DS is BC and is selling like hotcakes but that's a Nintendo handheld. They've had an iron grip on that market for years.

Well WII U compatibility won't be worth much, there's literally no games for it... it's not even a meme.

There's actually enough to make buying one worth it IMO. NSMBU, 3D World, Wind Waker, Wonderful 101, Pikmin, plus Bayonetta 2, Smash, and MK8 are coming. It's a complimentary system, not a primary.

It's a convenience thing, but since I decided to keep all my old consoles and be all super trendy guy and have them all on display still I'm not bothered. I've decided to embrace my collection and buck the trend of the digital future.

Boxes for me.

Physical media > Digital media.

BC STILL MATTERS TO ME DAMMIT

XGOrDpH.gif

I still bought a PS4 and Xbox One on launch. Regret both.

jmdajr

100% BC, sure...wishful dream these days. But if they can offer digital ports of the games worth a shit at a fair price, that's not a bad deal.

Sephzilla

I just don't like it when people whine about how the PS4/XB1 don't have BC because it's a scam to get you to buy your games again for newer systems so you can play them again.

It's like Jesus Christ people, just take 15 seconds to hook up your old system.

I don't regret too much buying a PS4 Day 1, but I could have easily waited until ~now to try and buy one. I get the impression that none of the developers were actually ready for the consoles to be released such are the state of the games that were released Day 1 and the amount of games delayed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How the hell did Shawn Michaels have female fans

Who would cheer this
tve74500-19911013-1877.gif

over this
tumblr_mpc7ht6dAj1rkf4k0o1_500.jpg

Rick Martel would have made all the tumblr buxxx

Sephzilla

I have zero regrets about getting my PS4 as early as I did. If I waited until inFamous came out I would have been screwed because I still have yet to see any on a store shelf since I got mine. Plus the price on the PS4 wont be dropping at all for at least another year and a half.

Aiii

So not worth it

Boxes for me.

I ran out of hdmi ports four devices ago though.

I ran out of hdmi ports four devices ago though.

Yeah, that's my reasoning. If I want to just quickly pop in an old game, it is still a dumb hassle. I still like messing around in WWE 2K14 but I have to spend too much time hooking the 360 back up sometimes to care. BC also encourages me to still buy last-gen games because I feel like the company isn't just abandoning their legacy. Sony and MS follow the buzzards.

PInk Tape

Banned
I have both my PS3 and PS4 plugged in. So if someone like me can do it I'm sure a bunch of hardcore gamers can.

Unless you don't have any room for both, then that would be an issue.

Or if you have all of your old systems plugged into one television..

Now that I think about it, I can see why certain people want bc.

jmdajr

BC STILL MATTERS TO ME DAMMIT

XGOrDpH.gif

I still bought a PS4 and Xbox One on launch. Regret both.

No doubt I could have lived without a PS4. I could have been with PS3 for 2 more years with that PS+ library. At same time PS4 will probbaly be 399 for years to come so I didn't necessarily lose money.

I know people think PS3 looks like caca these days but alternate PC? Can't justify an upgrade JUST to play games. It be over 1000 bucks once it's all set and done.

No doubt I could have lived without a PS4. I could have been with PS3 for 2 more years with that PS+ library. At same time PS4 will probbaly be 399 for years to come so I didn't necessarily lose money.

I know people think PS3 looks like caca these days but alternate PC? Can't justify an upgrade JUST to play games. It be over 1 bucks once it's all set and done.

The weird thing is that I know that if I didn't pick up either system already, I'd be sitting here constantly thinking about going and getting one. I hate that. Sometimes it's better to ease your mind with disappointment than wonder what could be.

jmdajr

The weird thing is that I know that if I didn't pick up either system already, I'd be sitting here constantly thinking about going and getting one. I hate that. Sometimes it's better to ease your mind with disappointment than wonder what could be.

Can't say I feel that way, but I understand..

I know 3 hours is way too long and that makes sense, but that last hour of Raw was severely down more than usual, like 600,000 people switched the show off. That's bad news for anyone in that hour that wasn't Cena.

That was Cesaro, Paige, RVD, and Rusev. Hope they don't react too badly to it.

Hasney

So with The Shield saying it's war between them and Evolution, I'm demanding War Games at Extreme Rules, each team having a secret 4th partner.

Sblargh

Banned
Backwards compability became more important with online thingies, imo, because digital libraries tend to grow. But I don't know why I am on this subject, I don't have to worry about these silly things like you peasants.

PC Gaming: every generation is PC generation.

Hasney

With the BC thing, I was slightly bummed, but playing PS3 games is mostly painful after playing PS4 and PC. Sony and other publishers doing cross-buy on some older digital games is a nice touch though.

Top Bottom