• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

DMczaf

So with The Shield saying it's war between them and Evolution, I'm demanding War Games at Extreme Rules, each team having a secret 4th partner.

"Our partner is going to SHOOK the world! Because he is none other than the SHOOKMASTER!"

75734.gif

Scottify

So, this group I play music with is doing a little show at a nursing home, spread the joy kinda thing. On the song list is "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands". I have a Hawaiian shirt and a fedora, but no beard or long hair. I wonder if I could sing it like Bray?

Toki767

Does Evolution vs the Shield even have a gimmick to the match other than being a 6-man? Does any match even have a gimmick to the match for Extreme Rules other than the cage match?

I'm guessing Bryan vs Kane is going to be Last Man Standing. I hope it's not something as simple as an Extreme Rules match at least.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gordon Solie>Jim Ross>>>>>>>>>>>>>Joey Styles>Vince McMahon>Gorilla Monsoon/Tony Schiavonne>Mike Tenay

Jesse Ventura/Bobby Heenan>who cares about any other color commentators

Does Evolution vs the Shield even have a gimmick to the match other than being a 6-man? Does any match even have a gimmick to the match for Extreme Rules other than the cage match?

I'm guessing Bryan vs Kane is going to be Last Man Standing. I hope it's not something as simple as an Extreme Rules match at least.

Bryan/Kane is an Extreme Rules match. No stips announced for Shield/Evolution.

somedevil

right now its a cage match for Cena vs Bray and for Kane vs Bryan its an extreme rules match. So that one is going to have the chairs, tables, and all the gimmicks. So someone is going to be taking a huge bump.

So, this group I play music with is doing a little show at a nursing home, spread the joy kinda thing. On the song list is "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands". I have a Hawaiian shirt and a fedora, but no beard or long hair. I wonder if I could sing it like Bray?

Cradle one of the audience member's head like he or she were Cena.

strobogo

Banned
Gordon Solie>Jim Ross>>>>>>>>>>>>>Joey Styles>Vince McMahon>Gorilla Monsoon/Tony Schiavonne>Mike Tenay

Jesse Ventura/Bobby Heenan>who cares about any other color commentators

Solie is...not interesting in the least. He makes exciting matches seem boring. He had zero emotion or passion in his voice.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Solie is...not interesting in the least. He makes exciting matches seem boring. He had zero emotion or passion in his voice.

Schiavonne is a total corporate suckup who acts like a dickwad whenever he can get away with it which completely takes away from every match he's involved in.

strobogo

Banned
Schiavonne is a total corporate suckup who acts like a dickwad whenever he can get away with it which completely takes away from every match he's involved in.

Sometimes. But most of the time he at least tried to sound excited for even the worst of shit that was thrown in front of him.

somedevil

Update on Bryan:

WWE's latest storyline update on Daniel Bryan is that he has been diagnosed with cervical cord neurapraxia due to the attack from Kane on RAW. WWE's Dr. Chris Amann said:

“As of the last examination, [Bryan] did have some residual weakness in his arms, however, we expect this to clear up relatively quickly. Once he regains his full strength, he will be fully cleared for participation.”

WWE notes that Bryan is at home resting but planning to wrestle on RAW next week.

F4Wonline.com reports that Bryan will be kept off this weekend's WWE live events due to his father passing away.

So he won't be on the house shows on Fri-Sunday and will be back on Raw for the go home show.

I don't think WWE will ever do a traditional War Games with two rings and stuff. I think the closest we'll get is probably like an 8-man tag HIAC match or something.

strobogo

Banned
EC is pretty perfect for a War Games. Just turn it into a 6 man tag. Two men start. Partners randomly come in every 3 or 5 or whatever minutes, can't win until all men are in. Seems pretty easy to convert into War Games. The whole point of the EC was that it was War Games and HIAC combined into a singles match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Signed my "fuck you, I'm out" papers at my apartment. It'll kind of be a shame to leave - this place is a goddamn palace, but a house is a house...

As I was signing them the heavyset gal who brought the papers to me and was talking to me said it was a shame I was leaving, that she'd like to get to know me better. So I have a phone number.

Laserfrog

Signed my "fuck you, I'm out" papers at my apartment. It'll kind of be a shame to leave - this place is a goddamn palace, but a house is a house...

As I was signing them the heavyset gal who brought the papers to me and was talking to me said it was a shame I was leaving, that she'd like to get to know me better. So I have a phone number.

Get her to pump some trouble.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
EC is pretty perfect for a War Games. Just turn it into a 6 man tag. Two men start. Partners randomly come in every 3 or 5 or whatever minutes, can't win until all men are in. Seems pretty easy to convert into War Games. The whole point of the EC was that it was War Games and HIAC combined into a singles match.

Last year I was disappointed as hell that the Shield versus Cena and his superfriends match wasn't in the EC. Would have been AMAZING.

I feel like people appreciate Tony because he really tried his best to shine up the shit sandwich that was WCW, but I just couldn't stand him on commentary. Something about his voice and the constant shilling. I was watching Malenko vs Mysterio on the Network the other day and Tony spent almost all the match talking about what was "coming up in the second hour of the telecast" and what happened the previous night on Bash at the Beach.

Underrated commentators wise, I'd say Bill Watts. Sometimes he'd go off on a tangent, but generally he did a great job getting over all the storyline aspects and was pretty good at calling the action.

Anywho, some gifs from the Revolution Pro show I was at in February...

Josh Bodom's rope-assisted piledriver;

Bodom.gif

Ricochet;

Ricochet1.gif

Paul Robinson;

Robinson.gif

The Swords of Essex;

Swords.gif
Swords1.gif

Not the biggest Cabana fan, but that's a sweet moonsault;

Cabana.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like people appreciate Tony because he really tried his best to shine up the shit sandwich that was WCW, but I just couldn't stand him on commentary. Something about his voice and the constant shilling. I was watching Malenko vs Mysterio on the Network the other day and Tony spent almost all the match talking about what was "coming up in the second hour of the telecast" and what happened the previous night on Bash at the Beach.

The worst part about that whole thing is Larry fucking Zbyszko is the one who's like BOY MALENKO SURE IS A GOOD WRESTLER MAYBE YOUD LIKE TO CALL THE FUCKING MATCH TONY. Larry, of all people, trying to shift focus back to the match.

Top Bottom