• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

There's some definite overlap between Frasier viewers and people who find Husky Harris' promos clever.

tumblr_n4gjb5J2ZF1srbyoyo1_400.gif

Boy, post 2010 ROH Davey Richards is a goddamn shame. He's got a great offense and its very talented, but I feel like he forgot how to tell a story and its just action-action-action for 30 minutes for RoH Smarks. This match with Strong...they both work on the arms early on and it is good stuff, but then hey, they both forget about it when they get to the middle. They sort of just skipped the middle of the match where someone controls a bit or a story is established and then they went right to a finishing run for 15-20 minutes. They kick out of a ridiculous amount of stuff and they start to sell Davey having a concussion and being KO'd, which is neat, except that he still goes on for another 5 minutes and then had some ridiculous no-selling during that.

Joy.

strobogo

Banned
I had some pretty random first viewings for movies over the past 2 days.

The Hangover III: Garbage.
Casablanca: Such wonderful direction
Seven: Pretty dope, even though Pitt was iffy as fuck at times
Gone With The Wind: Terrible. God damn what a BOring movie.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Boy, post 2010 ROH Davey Richards is a goddamn shame. He's got a great offense and its very talented, but I feel like he forgot how to tell a story and its just action-action-action for 30 minutes for RoH Smarks. This match with Strong...they both work on the arms early on and it is good stuff, but then hey, they both forget about it when they get to the middle. They sort of just skipped the middle of the match where someone controls a bit or a story is established and then they went right to a finishing run for 15-20 minutes. They kick out of a ridiculous amount of stuff and they start to sell Davey having a concussion and being KO'd, which is neat, except that he still goes on for another 5 minutes and then had some ridiculous no-selling during that.

Joy.
Flipping_indies.gif ?

Joy.

I don't know if Davey was doing it to please the ROH smarks exactly, as a lot of them ended up turning on him because of it, but perhaps he thought they expected it - I think it was a lot to do with Davey feeling like he had to carry the company and that he had to do it like guys before him had; specifically, Bryan. But, as good of a technical wrestler Davey is, he isn't Bryan and he isn't that guy who can wrestle 25+ minute main events on every show and keep things fresh. Davey, Roddy and Eddie's style of wrestling just becomes overkill in that context, whereas Bryan was able to keep his run fresh and enjoyable, regardless of the opponent, because of how versatile he is as a wrestler.

When are they going to break up the Usos so Jimmy can chase the title?

I'd feel bad for Jey but there has to be a Jannetty in every break up.

Only system getting more playtime in my house than Wii U is 3DS. The 360 is completely disconnected on the floor in the game room and the PS3 and PS4 are both hooked up to the main TV, but share an HDMI port with the AppleTV which is what stays connected 90% of the time. I'm not sure if we've used the PS4 for more than 5 hours all together since we got it...

There's actually enough to make buying one worth it IMO. NSMBU, 3D World, Wind Waker, Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, plus Bayonetta 2, Smash, and MK8 are coming. It's a complimentary system, not a primary.

System is worth the price for 3D World alone.

And Lego City Undercover! No? Just me? Okay :(

I'll also vouch for LEGO City Undercover.

You both forgot Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze though.

And NES Remix.

I fear that Cena vs Wyatt cage match sure is going to present a lot of opportunities for Cena to display his acting skills. "Ugh, so conflicted...must..not..unleash..the beast within!"

I don't know if Davey was doing it to please the ROH smarks exactly, as a lot of them ended up turning on him because of it, but perhaps he thought they expected it - I think it was a lot to do with Davey feeling like he had to carry the company and that he had to do it like guys before him had; specifically, Bryan. But, as good of a technical wrestler Davey is, he isn't Bryan and he isn't that guy who can wrestle 25+ minute main events on every show and keep things fresh. Davey, Roddy and Eddie's style of wrestling just becomes overkill in that context, whereas Bryan was able to keep his run fresh and enjoyable, regardless of the opponent, because of how versatile he is as a wrestler.

This is true, but people do seem to love this shit. I've seen some otherwise really agreeable "Best ROH lists" that have Davey Richards vs Tyler Black and I'm like "man, you must be crazy". Meltzer gave that mothafucka like ***** too. Meh.

Punk/Samoa Joe III at All-Star Extravaganza II still my favorite ROH match

Cesaro's music is GODAWFUL. Holy science, how is he supposed to get over with that.
I fucking loved it. It starts kind of like "that's it?" but builds on itself. It'll fit him soon. "Cult of Personality" sounded weird as fuck and didn't fit Punk for a while (I'd never seen him use it in the indies), but it became my favorite theme and entrance after a while.

Can someone link the heyman promo ??

MY CLIENT BROCK LESNAR CONQUERED THE UNDERTAKER'S STREAK AT WRESTLEMANIA

MY CLIENT

somedevil

LOL @ the reactions in here when Heyman's promo got cut to commercial. Come on, it was clear they were going to come back and he'd still be in there Jericho-ing. I was dying.

Smackdown Spoilers:

Cesaro beat Swagger clean. So it seems to me that Cesaro will cost RVD the match and set up RVD vs Cesaro at Extreme Rules

Plus Sami Zayn did a dark match

So it seems the Extreme Rules card and preshow will be:

Bryan vs Kane extreme match
Shield vs Evolution
Cena vs Bray at Cage match
Rusev vs R-truth and Woods
Tamina vs Paige
Rybaxel vs Usos
Big E vs
BNB
Cesaro vs
RVD

MY CLIENT
So why did they cut to a commercial??

Some idiot is chanting "BORING", so Danielson looks right at him in a hold and yells "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW ABOUT WRESTLING, BOY? WHAT *THE FUCK* DO YOU KNOW ABOUT WRESTLING?! YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH!"

--

This NWO theme is too godlike

Right, I remember Jim Ross kept up the "mixed reaction" thing throughout this match. Its like 90% "HOGAN HOGAN HOGAN", the other 10% is "ROCKY SUCKS"

It amps them up. Happened a lot in Headshrinkers matches. They'd get a double noggin knocker and immediately double head butt the idiot that tried it.
I loved to watch Haku matches. Whenever he got headbutted he gave his opponents the " R U Serious" face...lol loved it

somedevil

Holy Shit Smackdown sounds amazing:

* Emma and Santino Marella vs. Layla and Fandango is up next. The match never starts as while Fandango is dancing on the stage, The Shield attacks him. Fandango takes a triple powerbomb off the stage, through two tables. A "this is awesome" chant starts up.

* Backstage segment with Brad Maddox on the phone. The Shield comes in and destroys him. Ambrose jumps on Maddox behind the couch and beats him some more.

The shield is awesome tonight on Smackdown

Top Bottom