• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Sblargh

Banned
Smackdown Spoilers:

Cesaro beat Swagger clean. So it seems to me that Cesaro will cost RVD the match and set up RVD vs Cesaro at Extreme Rules

Plus Sami Zayn did a dark match

So it seems the Extreme Rules card and preshow will be:

Bryan vs Kane extreme match
Shield vs Evolution
Cena vs Bray at Cage match
Rusev vs R-truth and Woods
Tamina vs Paige
Rybaxel vs Usos
Big E vs
BNB
Cesaro vs
RVD

Not an awful card. Bryan vs Kane might be good if they can gimmick it enough, Shield vs Evolution might be good if Batista just stays in his corner. Cena vs Bray, I don't even care anymore, win, lose, whatever, this has lost all of the appeal to me, I just want to be done with already. I hope the Rusev match is more than a squash, I know he will win in the end, but I want to see them dudes go down fighting like hell. Tamina vs Paige, please don't die Paige. Ryback put on a good show tonight, so maybe this match will be better than we think. Big E losing the title, yay. Cesaro doing his thing, yay.

strobogo

Banned
We should tag against them

Luckily he's replaced by Jimmy Garvin..which isn't much better since Garvin had been out for 2 years and was in full time pilot mode. But just the idea that a Johnny B. Badd/Hayes feud was a thing hurts my brain. This was also the first WCW PPV that Mean Gene and Brain were both on.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Considering doing gifs + reviews of Legends House if time permits.

Sblargh

Banned
Talks between Goldberg and HHH -- who managed to bring Warrior and Bruno Sammartino back in the WWE family over the past two years -- have already happened, with the two getting together in the build-up to WrestleMania XXX. A match between he and the aforementioned Ryback was the popular rumor at the time, but it appears to have been just that. Very few specific were discussed at the time, as they served mostly as a sort of icebreaker between the two sides.

Wonder if that's why Ryback is ressurecting.

strobogo

Banned
If by we you mean The Nasty Boys.

With special guest Referee Konnan.

ibf8Xeo44xTEUc.gif

Kaladin

Just started Raw After The Show......will update with my thoughts....

Renee Young hosts!

First clip is from 1999, Stone Cold stunning the crap out of everyone

They didn't do any commentary for these clips so it's just as the live crowd saw them......awesome.

Second Clip is The Rock staring down Triple H and The McMahons......Triple H just got a people's elbow, now it's Shane's turn...

somedevil

Smackdown Spoilers:

* SmackDown opens up with Vickie Guerrero, Cesaro, Jack Swagger, Paul Heyman and Zeb Colter in the ring. There are two podiums set up. Vickie announces the main event tonight will be The Shield vs. 11 other Superstars. She then announces The Great Debate between Heyman and Zeb. Zeb says he wants to debate with Cesaro on turning his back. Zeb asks Heyman why he stole Cesaro. Heyman says Brock Lesnar ended The Streak about 20 times. Zeb asks again why he stole Cesaro. Heyman asks when was the last time a Zeb Colter Guy won. He said by the time Cesaro won the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, he was already a Heyman Guy. Zeb pushes over the podium and shoves Heyman. They start to get into it but are broken up.

* Cesaro defeated Jack Swagger with The Neutralizer. After the match, The Shield's music hits and they come out. Roman Reigns hits a Superman punch on Swagger and then they hit him with the triple powerbomb. Dean Ambrose said it looked like Swagger failed to adapt.

* Tamina Snuka defeated Natalya with a kick that was botched. This match was described as not smooth at all.

* Backstage segment with 3MB talking about how they are in tonight's main event. The Shield shows up and destroys them.

* Vickie Guerrero is backstage in her office on the phone with Triple H. He asks her about The Shield. She says she called them to her office but they didn't come. Triple H tells her to take the night off and in comes Brad Maddox.

* Curtis Axel defeated Jey Uso.

* The Wyatt Family comes out and cuts a promo inside a steel cage that's lowered. Bray Wyatt talks about John Cena and gets the crowd to sing "whole world in his hands" with him.

* Erick Rowan and Luke Harper defeated Cody Rhodes and Goldust. During the match, Bray taunted the crowd and asked them if they are unimpressed with what we see from the Rhodes brothers, saying they are not the future. Cody goes for a moonsault but Goldust runs into him. Goldust gets upset, leading to him getting pinned.

* Backstage segment with Brad Maddox on the phone. The Shield comes in and destroys him. Ambrose jumps on Maddox behind the couch and beats him some more.

* Emma and Santino Marella vs. Layla and Fandango is up next. The match never starts as while Fandango is dancing on the stage, The Shield attacks him. Fandango takes a triple powerbomb off the stage, through two tables. A "this is awesome" chant starts up.

* The Shield vs. Titus O'Neil, Ryback, Alberto Del Rio, Damien Sandow, Bad News Barrett and Curtis Axel is next. The Sheild ends up clearing the ring except for Barrett, who ran to the back Axel takes a Superman punch. Sandow takes a spear and The Shield wins the match. Ryback and Titus also get speared. Ryback takes the triple powerbomb. The Shield stand tall in the ring.

Barrett is no idiot.

Vylash

* Backstage segment with 3MB talking about how they are in tonight's main event. The Shield shows up and destroys them.

I love everything about this

DMczaf

The Shield took my "and then he was F5'd" idea and replaced it with "and then The Shield fucked him up." and made that the theme of an entire show lol

Smackdown Spoilers:

I was suggesting to a friend after Raw that The Shield needs to build the angle to Extreme Rules by systematically ambushing, kidnapping, interrogating, and basically destroying all the dozen or so heels who came in to soften them up for Evolution last week. Send a message to the whole locker room that it's not worth it to get involved in their affairs--it's not worth the money, and it's not worth it even if they are afraid to go against The Authority. Sounds like they are sort of doing that.

is it possible to cancel your wwe network subscription before six months is over? I've realized there isn't anything on it I want to watch and I'm kinda short on cash.

Sblargh

Banned
is it possible to cancel your wwe network subscription before six months is over? I've realized there isn't anything on it I want to watch and I'm kinda short on cash.

Probably not, preventing that is a big point of the subscription. I can't even think of a lie you could tell them to get them to cancel.

KissVibes

Banned
How long until Triple H offers anyone who takes down The Shield $50k and a guaranteed shot at the WWEWHC at the next SPECIAL EVENT? I'm betting that'll be the one member turns on the other two moments.

Looks pretty bad IMO. Basically every match has 1 person/group I like and another that I just don't want to see at all.

-Daniel Bryan vs Kane: Kane in a title match in 2014???? DB deserves better.

-Shield vs. Evolution: this match should be pretty good, I guess. Just need to hide Gastista and limit Reigns.

-Bray Wyatt vs SuperCena: Cena is totally going over, isn't he?

-Usos vs Rybaxel: I have no interest in Rybaxel. Please don't break up the Rhodes. Usos need someone to fight. Tag team division is horrible.

-Tamina vs Paige: Paige is solid.

-BNB vs Big E: My guy vs my most hated guy. Big E needs to join Zebs upcoming Real American stable and become interesting. He needs a manager anyways. Would make for a great feud going into the English tour next month.

-Rusev vs RTruth and Xavier Woods- Lana is awesome, like what I see from Rusev, but this is just fill of course.

- Cesaro vs Swagger vs RVD- Not sure where these 3 are going exactly but this is my best guess. Rvd ran a promo against heyman and Swagger and Zeb obviously fit in. Maybe RVD teams up with Zeb and the Real Americans. Odd fit though.

I hope every match is a stip to make it more interesting

strobogo

Banned
Here is how to draw attention to the size of someone in a negative way:

i501QnH2hv2cA.gif

Also during the match with the 123 Kid when they talked about how small kid was, but he was at least as tall as HBK, just not as thick.

There really isn't anything on the Network you want to watch?

nope. I really only enjoy watching wrestling live and I've seen every PPV on there that's good or interests me. The Extreme Rules card is looking pretty lackluster to me and I really have no interest in keeping the subscription going.

actually recommend some stuff.

you can, but then they'll charge you the rest of the 60 dollars on the spot so it's kinda not worth it

For real? ughh. Anybody here had any success canceling?

strobogo

Banned
nope. I really only enjoy watching wrestling live and I've seen every PPV on there that's good or interests me. The Extreme Rules card is looking pretty lackluster to me and I really have no interest in keeping the subscription going.

For real? ughh. Anybody here had any success canceling?

You never know what you're going to find on a random PPV you don't remember or haven't seen. You can watch Main Event live and NXT "live" every week. Plus whatever the live feed is showing. And new stuff being added every day. Seems hard to believe that there is nothing you'd want to see.

Laserfrog

I miss G-Fex, don't throw him out like Gorilla Monsoon threw out Bobby Heenan. If only Gorilla and Bobby could have got along, they could have been friends. Don't make the same mistake Bobby and Gorilla made, life's too short.

actually recommend some stuff.

Then what did you get the network for if you've already seen all the ppv's you want to see and you only like watching live wrestling?

As for a recommendation....I just watched ECW Hardcore Heaven 2000 and it was pretty awesome.

They're finally adding recent Raws and Smackdowns to the Network. You can now watch the entire build to Elimination Chamber, and now the Raw after the Chamber is now up.

strobogo

Banned
I miss G-Fex, don't throw him out like Gorilla Monsoon threw out Bobby Heenan. If only Gorilla and Bobby could have got along, they could have been friends. Don't make the same mistake Bobby and Gorilla made, life's too short.

Bobby had LEGIT SHOOT tears in his eyes knowing i was his last WWF show. It made me sad.

Top Bottom