• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

zhC2OHT.jpg

I need to build up my collection of Podcasts again for when I'm driving. I can't find ones I like. I really thought I'd like Giantbomb but they have far too much pointless chatter.

strobogo

Banned
I also don't really get watching speed runs. I just don't like watching people play games. I want to play the games. Watching people play games reminds me of being pissed as a kid when an older relative wouldn't let me play something. Someone mentioned a few days ago about how walk throughs have complete changed and now you have to watch someone play instead of read something and do it yourself. Fucking hate that shit.

Aiii

So not worth it
So I looted a Eye of Sulfuras in World of Warcraft today and I got waaaaay too excited.

Anyways, I've just spend 3 hours leveling blacksmithing, learning Dark Iron Smelting and farming Golemagg for Sulfuron Ingot's on my characters so I can make it and I finally have all the stuff collected to make a shitty level 60 legendary one-handed hammer.

I'm 30 years old, for fucks sake.

So I looted a Eye of Sulfuras in World of Warcraft today and I got waaaaay too excited.

Anyways, I've just spend 3 hours leveling blacksmithing, learning Dark Iron Smelting and farming Golemagg on my characters so I can make it and I finally have all the stuff collected to make a shitty level 60 legendary one-handed hammer.

Who cares, man. If you're having fun and you haven't got AJ trapped down a hole in your basement then it's all good.

New japan New York card

Winner of Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen from GLOBAL WARS (ROH) vs. Jushin “Thunder” Liger (NJPW)

I

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
"Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin (ROH)
**5/3 in Fukuoka, Japan Kazuchika Okada defends the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against AJ Styles. The winner of that match will defend against Michael Elgin on May 17th

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Champions: The Young Bucks (Bullet Club) vs. reDRagon (ROH)

IWGP WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Champions: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (Bullet Club) vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe (ROH)

The Briscoes are 8 time ROH World Tag Team Champions. Can they add the IWGP World Tag Team Titles to their list of accomplishments? Or will the big man tag team of Anderson and Gallows retain?

ROH WORLD TV CHAMPIONSHIP
Champion: Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini (ROH) vs. KUSHIDA (NJPW)

Shinsuke Nakamura (NJPW) vs. Kevin Steen or Adam Cole (ROH)

Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW) vs. Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis (ROH)

That New York card's certainly the more interesting of the two ROH/NJPW shows - Cole vs Liger should be a good match, also Doc & Machine Gun vs The Briscoes! Awesome. I'm also really interested to see what sort of match Tanahashi gets out of Bennett.

strobogo

Banned
iEqnW3kL275jx.gif

i7dWnk3fYBvnk.gif

Maxx Payne is my new favorite wrestler for doing nothing but stiff and try to spike the Nasty Boys. The first move in the match was him doing a SHOOT release German on Knobs.

JavyOO7

Halloween Havok '94... I remember the main event being really bad. And that the ring announcer was great. I always and still feel that Gary Michael Capetta is better than Penzer. Never liked Penzer.

WAR OF THE WORLDS on Saturday May 17th at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City will be an unforgettable night for wrestling fans. This event will see ROH talent face off against New Japan talent in a true war between two worlds. ROH and New Japan officials have decided which competitors from their respective organizations they want to see face off against one another. We are thrilled to announce these rare encounters:

ROH & NJPW Present: WAR OF THE WORLDS
Saturday, May 17th, 2014 – 7:30PM
The Hammerstein Ballroom – New York City

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Winner of Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen from GLOBAL WARS (ROH) vs. Jushin “Thunder” Liger (NJPW)

It will certainly be a historic contest as ROH’s top wrestler defends his World Championship against the legendary Jushin Liger. Will Liger change the international landscape of professional wrestling by becoming the ROH World Champion? Or will Adam Cole/Kevin Steen walk out of New York with the gold and add this huge win to their list of accomplishments?

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
"Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin (ROH)
**5/3 in Fukuoka, Japan Kazuchika Okada defends the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against AJ Styles. The winner of that match will defend against Michael Elgin on May 17th

Elgin earned his IWGP Heavyweight Championship opportunity by defeated Kevin Steen at Supercard of Honor 8. With Elgin obsessed on winning World Championships, will his New Japan dream finally come true? Or can Okada defend his gold on American soil?

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Champions: The Young Bucks (Bullet Club) vs. reDRagon (ROH)

The Young Bucks shocked fans by capturing the ROH World Tag Championships from reDRagon a few months ago. reDRagon has already earned their championship rematch and looks for redemption against the current IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team and ROH World Tag Team Champion Young Bucks. reDRagon has been ruthless in the ring since losing the gold. Will they get back the championships that they held for the better part of last year? Or will The Young Bucks prove that what happened a few months back was not an upset or fluke?

IWGP WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Champions: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (Bullet Club) vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe (ROH)

The Briscoes are 8 time ROH World Tag Team Champions. Can they add the IWGP World Tag Team Titles to their list of accomplishments? Or will the big man tag team of Anderson and Gallows retain?

ROH WORLD TV CHAMPIONSHIP
Champion: Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini (ROH) vs. KUSHIDA (NJPW)

Shinsuke Nakamura (NJPW) vs. Kevin Steen or Adam Cole (ROH)

Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW) vs. Michael Bennett w/ Maria Kanellis (ROH)

Also Signed to Appear
"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles (ROH)
Gedo & Jado (NJPW)
The Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov) (NJPW)
Takaaki Watanabe (NJPW)
The Decade (Roderick Strong, BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs) w/ Adam Page (ROH)
ACH (ROH)
Matt Taven (ROH)
Cedric Alexander (ROH)
Tommaso Ciampa (ROH)
Silas Young (ROH)
Caprice Coleman (ROH)

Ring of Honor Wrestling & New Japan Pro-Wrestling Presents:
WAR OF THE WORLDS
Saturday, May 17th, 2014
The Hammerstein Ballroom
New York City
Bell Time – 7:30pm EST

Card looks stacked! Liger facing what most likely will be Cole is okay but the real wtf is Tanahashi and Bennett. Regardless, I am super hyped for it all.

McNei1y

Anyways, I've just spend 3 hours leveling blacksmithing, learning Dark Iron Smelting and farming Golemagg for Sulfuron Ingot's on my characters so I can make it and I finally have all the stuff collected to make a shitty level 60 legendary one-handed hammer.

Right you are.

And it's sooooo pretty :D

wow's a fucking great game! My roommate and I are trying to get back into it by rerolling new toons but we can't find the time at the moment. It's actually making me mad lol.

Aiii

So not worth it
wow's a fucking great game! My roommate and I are trying to get back into it by rerolling new toons but we can't find the time at the moment. It's actually making me mad lol.

I quit for a few years, but got back into it a few months ago and levelled a char to 90, then pre-ordered Warlords of Draenor for the 90 boost.

Currently levelling my Vanilla Paladin to 90. It was still at 60 back when I was hardcore raider, running around in BWL and AQ40 gear :D

Do you think Vince McMahon will pay ISPs to ensure speedy and stutter free WWE Network and Wrestlemania viewing?

Just when he thought he took cable and satellite's hands out of his pocket...

Aiii

So not worth it
Do you think Vince McMahon will pay ISPs to ensure speedy and stutter free WWE Network and Wrestlemania viewing?

Just when he thought he took cable and satellite's hands out of his pocket...

The Netherlands have Net Neutrality, ain't no way any provider is able to scan my internet traffic and prioritize one thing over another.

Also, getting upped to 90/9 mbit on the first of may for 50 Euro per month.

Suck it US! :D

strobogo

Banned
The Netherlands have Net Neutrality, ain't no way any provider is able to scan my internet traffic and prioritize one thing over another.

This is just one reason why everyone hates you

WWE is an American company and you can be sure that if they need to raise costs to cover their expenses in their largest market, that's going to affect every subscriber.

I'm going to go derail the Net Neutrality thread by talking about WWE Network as though it's the biggest thing since sliced bread and assume that everyone subscribes to it.

somedevil

Christopher Daniels is done with TNA:

Former TNA Tag Team and X Division Champion Christopher Daniels is apparently no longer with the company. Daniels tweeted today, "I became a free agent & a published comic book writer on the same day!

Bet Kazarian follows him a few weeks later. I bet they go the Jeff Jarrett promotion when it starts up.

Sblargh

Banned
Watching the NWO documentary on the Network now and... if Sting had won and dismantled the NWO, would WCW be still alive?

Can a storyline have so much power?

Edit: or, you know, if any good guy had won in the end.

JavyOO7

Sting should had won in 60 seconds, that's for sure. But you also needed someone who was a good manager who could run the place and not just simply bow down to Hogan's or anyone else's demands.

Anth0ny

I also don't really get watching speed runs. I just don't like watching people play games. I want to play the games. Watching people play games reminds me of being pissed as a kid when an older relative wouldn't let me play something. Someone mentioned a few days ago about how walk throughs have complete changed and now you have to watch someone play instead of read something and do it yourself. Fucking hate that shit.

difference is watching a speed run = watching the best players in the world playing a game

whereas older relatives not letting you play as a kid was annoying because they were fucking shitty at the game and you were forced to watch that instead of play...

mario 64 speed runs are insane and entertaining as fuck

lets plays I will never understand, though. why watch an average player play a game when you could play a game?

gurudyne

difference is watching a speed run = watching the best players in the world playing a game

whereas older relatives not letting you play as a kid was annoying because they were fucking shitty at the game and you were forced to watch that instead of play...

mario 64 speed runs are insane and entertaining as fuck

Quite. I was amazed watching people jump backwards to glitch through everything and win the game with only one star.

Besides world class skills, the only other way I've found twitch streams enjoyable is when the guy playing the video games doesn't need them to be entertaining.

Top Bottom