• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Carnby

Do you like Foxy Shazam's new album?

I'm not really feeling it so far.

It took a few listens, and now I love it. Absolutely love it.

I always enjoyed watching acoustic sets or live performances of them on youtube. Now we have Gonzo which was performed/recorded live. The sound quality is really good. It has that "live" sound. I also like that each member of the band gets a chance to shine in each song. Some of my favorite tracks are Gonzo, Tragic Thrill, Shoe Box, Story Told.

fake edit: I'm not a music critic, my ability to describe why I like music sucks....

Did you know that during the writing and recording of this album, the guitarist played the bass, and the bass player played guitar? Also for the upcoming tour, Foxy is going to play the Gonzo, the album, from beginning to end, take a ten minute break, and do a second set of classic songs.

Whoa why is Breakdown on there? It's probably one of my favourite GnR songs. The chorus isn't their finest work but the song as a whole is great.

Damn right.

By a parlor trick or some words of wit
A hidden hand up a sleeve
To think the one you love, could hurt you now
Is a little hard to believe

But everybody darlin' sometimes
Bites the hand that feeds

UYI had some of my favorite lyrics but the songs were redundant and meandering.
I saw. Just temporary. Axl still sounds terrible so it doesn't even matter. I do really like Duff though. I'd like him back full time. I'd actually like for Tommy to stay and have Duff replace DJ. If there was ever a person who deserved to be called a toolbox, it is definitely DJ Ashba.
Tommy is one of the reason Bucket's gone, I've always hated him as a result.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Join Edge and I in Wrassle shirt Mafia
#proudofoursport

I wear em out too!. Of course I only have 2. Ryder's Take Care Spike your Hair and CM Punk's BITW shirt. I mainly wear Ryder's going to the gym and CM Punk on occassion I'll wear out anywhere. Though nothing beats
having best in the world on the back of your shirt when you're lifting heavy lol.

It took a few listens, and now I love it. Absolutely love it.

I always enjoyed watching acoustic sets or live performances of them on youtube. Now we have Gonzo which was performed/recorded live. The sound quality is really good. It has that "live" sound. I also like that each member of the band gets a chance to shine in each song. Some of my favorite tracks are Gonzo, Tragic Thrill, Shoe Box, Story Told.

fake edit: I'm not a music critic, my ability to describe why I like music sucks....

Did you know that during the writing and recording of this album, the guitarist played the bass, and the bass player played guitar? Also for the upcoming tour, Foxy is going to play the Gonzo, the album, from beginning to end, take a ten minute break, and do a second set of classic songs.

Damn right.

By a parlor trick or some words of wit
A hidden hand up a sleeve
To think the one you love, could hurt you now
Is a little hard to believe

But everybody darlin' sometimes
Bites the hand that feeds

I'll give it a few more listens. I loved Foxy Shazam and Church of Rock and Roll, but tonally it feels really different.

I was thinking about seeing them but I'll be out of town.

Their live show is amazing though. I saw them when they opened for The Darkness and they were just as good.

Carnby

I'll give it a few more listens. I loved Foxy Shazam and Church of Rock and Roll, but tonally it feels really different.

I was thinking about seeing them but I'll be out of town.

Their live show is amazing though. I saw them when they opened for The Darkness and they were just as good.

If you compare all of their albums to eachother, you could say the same thing. I became a fan during Church of Rock n Roll. Listening to the self titled album was jarring. Instantly I thought the album was cheesy. But now I really like it! Baring the cheesy songs like Unstoppable and Second Floor.

And when I listened to Introducing, again it was jarring. But that eventually became one of my favorite Foxy albums. What I'm saying is, give it a chance. It might grow on you.

I discovered Foxy when they opened for Darkness. I ended up enjoying their show more, and now I'm a bigger fan of Foxy than Darkness. I'm going to see Foxy on this tour in both NYC and Buffalo.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+
WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-
Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
WrestleMania IV - C
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Survivor Series '88 - D
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B
Royal Rumble '89 - F
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+
Royal Rumble '90 - D+
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Survivor Series '90 - D+

Well at least I enjoyed the first match or two.

RIP Bad Influence (for now); Daniels is free :]

Christopher Daniels ‏@facdaniels 3h
I became a free agent & a published comic book writer on the same day!
xWNdzrw.jpg

If you compare all of their albums to eachother, you could say the same thing. I became a fan during Church of Rock n Roll. Listening to the self titled album was jarring. Instantly I thought the album was cheesy. But now I really like it! Baring the cheesy songs like Unstoppable and Second Floor.

And when I listened to Introducing, again it was jarring. But that eventually became one of my favorite Foxy albums. What I'm saying is, give it a chance. It might grow on you.

I discovered Foxy when they opened for Darkness. I ended up enjoying their show more, and now I'm a bigger fan of Foxy than Darkness. I'm going to see Foxy on this tour in both NYC and Buffalo.

Yeah I should probably go through their albums again. We were probably at the same Darkness concerts. I went to Toronto, philly and New York on that tour.

Carnby

Yeah I should probably go through their albums again. We were probably at the same Darkness concerts. I went to Toronto, philly and New York on that tour.

Yup, I saw them in New York. You saw the Darkness three times on that tour? That's awesome.

Were you the guy in front of the line, who I accidentally cut in front of when I thought it was the end of the line? lol

Just realised that Christopher Daniels is 43 year old. I alway thought he was in the same age range as Punk, Bryan, Styles, Joe and the other ROH guys,

Joe and Punk called him old man Daniels back during their shoot. He's the 'indy dad' of the group.

Aged great though

Yeah.I never though he was in the same age group people like HHH, Pretty shocking there is just a 5 year difference between him and Taker.

I knew he had a small run in WWF, but I never knew he was part of this amazing feud...

0DYWq1n.jpg

JavyOO7

I hope Chris Daniels got paid tons while in TNA. It would suck to leave there, or anywhere in the wrestling industry, with no cash money to your name.

Yup, I saw them in New York. You saw the Darkness three times on that tour? That's awesome.

Were you the guy in front of the line, who I accidentally cut in front of when I thought it was the end of the line? lol

Haha I came in late to that one. I was lucky that my brother lived in New York and the tour coincided with my visit.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Fucking hate when people guilt you into inviting them over. All I wanted to do was play Tokyo Jungle and watch garbage wrestling on the Network. Eff it, going to do that anyways.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I wear em out too!. Of course I only have 2. Ryder's Take Care Spike your Hair and CM Punk's BITW shirt. I mainly wear Ryder's going to the gym and CM Punk on occassion I'll wear out anywhere. Though nothing beats
having best in the world on the back of your shirt when you're lifting heavy lol.

You haven't truly lived till you've worn a wrestling shirt out on a first date

Cagey

Banned
WAR OF THE WORLDS on Saturday May 17th at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City will be an unforgettable night for wrestling fans. This event will see ROH talent face off against New Japan talent in a true war between two worlds. ROH and New Japan officials have decided which competitors from their respective organizations they want to see face off against one another. We are thrilled to announce these rare encounters:

ROH & NJPW Present: WAR OF THE WORLDS
Saturday, May 17th, 2014 – 7:30PM
The Hammerstein Ballroom – New York City

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
"Rainmaker" Kazuchika Okada vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin (ROH)
**5/3 in Fukuoka, Japan Kazuchika Okada defends the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against AJ Styles. The winner of that match will defend against Michael Elgin on May 17th

I said it before, but I'm not paying money to see AJ Styles -- at all. I'm paying to see Japan's stars that I'll never see otherwise in person. If Styles walks in as the champion for that match with Elgin, taking Okada's place, that's a damn shame.

I said it before, but I'm not paying money to see AJ Styles -- at all. I'm paying to see Japan's stars that I'll never see otherwise in person. If Styles walks in as the champion for that match with Elgin, taking Okada's place, that's a damn shame.

I don't know much about NJPW, but isn't Okada like the chosen one of the promotion? I doubt he drops the belt to Styles at Dontaku. But like I said I don't know much, so I could be wrong.

Cagey

Banned
I don't know much about NJPW, but isn't Okada like the chosen one of the promotion? I doubt he drops the belt to Styles at Dontaku. But like I said I don't know much, so I could be wrong.

I won't pretend to know a ton either, but I recall reading something here a few months ago that there was a strong possibility of Styles winning prior to the ROH shows.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
i met my waifu wearing a Manowar shirt.

Spider-breh, what you say we start our own romantic advice hotline?

look at the shitload of customers we got here, if we branch out we'll need to hire more people.
I would answer the shit out of romance questions.

Results guaranteed as long as you are attractive

Austin ranting about his rats still is way more entertaining than anything any other wrassler/commentator has done on their podcast.

I'm also learning a shitload of rat facts.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
You people who wear wrestling shirts in public absolutely disgust me. You should not even ever acknowledge that you know what wrestling is. Anyone who tries to embrace it is an embarrassment.

Vince needs to walk in like a mastadon into those network offices and get RAW for the WWE Network these month long waits are ridiculous

Top Bottom