• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

10SIu.gif

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Watching some Taker stuff from '99 (specifically the "ceremony" where he turns Dennis Knight into Mideon), and all I can think is how I'd like to smack the shit outta every asshole in the crowd who's shining a fucking laser pointer in Taker/Bearer's faces. Goddamn laser pointers ruined so many awesome moments back in the 90s. Glad that shit doesn't happen anymore.

Sblargh

Banned
I imagined that the NXT title would be vacated. It's better than it being held hostage by someone who has outgrown it (lol US title) and it's way better than have the main roster champion losing it to... Bayley? No way! Fuck you Paige. Go job to Bayley now!

Sandow is legit one of my favorite new wrestlers. I have no idea why they downgraded him and jobbed him out so badly recently.

Makes me pretty sad ;_;

They asked him to wear pink trunks, he did not know it was a test and he failed it. You have to do the best with what they tell you to do unless it is one of those situations where you have to say no to prove you have a spine. And when you fight Cena, make sure to bring a knee to his face.

I like to think they will at least have 8 NXT Diva's going for the belt int he tournament - and going by "JBL Logic" in that video, none of the RAW/SD roster should be included as they would also be taking the title "all around the world" if they won it.

They only have 9 such divas under contract to choose from...

Already Wrestling:

Bayley
Charlotte
Sasha Banks
JoJo (I do not know if she counts)

Yet To Debut:

Alexa Bliss

Leah Van Dale

Rebecca Quin

Sarah Bäckman

Shaul Guerrero

Hopefully they choose this time to debut a few new Divas, as with all due respect the NXT Diva roster right now feels VERY thin.

surprised they haven't had the Guerrero daughter debut again. she's been back for a while. granted, i don't remember her being any good but still

what we REALLY need is the hip hop leprechaun though, what's the holdup 'E?

I wouldn't be surprised if the tournament was only 4, even though that would be dumb. I hope it is 8. Plus they have that all-female tryout coming up in June. That should help expand the Divas roster nicely. And the fact that they are trying to bring Serena back.

Xater

I like to think they will at least have 8 NXT Diva's going for the belt int he tournament - and going by "JBL Logic" in that video, none of the RAW/SD roster should be included as they would also be taking the title "all around the world" if they won it.

Already Wrestling:

Bayley
Charlotte
Sasha Banks

Yet To Debut:

Alexa Bliss

Leah Van Dale

Rebecca Quin

Sarah Bäckman

Shaul Guerrero

Hopefully they choose this time to debut a few new Divas, as with all due respect the NXT Diva roster right now feels VERY thin.

I think I already know which would be Sunny's favorite...

before this year is over, someone will make the exact same post about Bray, and someone will respond with the same Cena gif

No, because Wyatt is a good promo and a pretty good wrestler, especially for his size. Sandow is a below-average to average worker who was already a failure in his first WWE run with a comedy gimmick that would've been doing jobs to Doink the Clown if he showed up in 1994.

Lanny Poffo was never going to be World champ. Damien Sandow wasn't going to be either. If Damien Sandow is your favorite wrestler, watch more wrestling.

Aiii

So not worth it
JoJo was already way better then Eva Marie in all her main roster appearances, I bet she's improved since then, so why not count her?

Vylash

No, because Wyatt is a good promo and a pretty good wrestler, especially for his size. Sandow is a below-average to average worker who was already a failure in his first WWE run with a comedy gimmick that would've been doing jobs to Doink the Clown if he showed up in 1994.

Lanny Poffo was never going to be World champ. Damien Sandow wasn't going to be either. If Damien Sandow is your favorite wrestler, watch more wrestling.

What does him having a bad gimmick before have to do with anything? You know who else that happened to? Bray Wyatt.
JoJo was already way better then Eva Marie in all her main roster appearances, I bet she's improved since then, so why not count her?
I'll never forget the Jojo chants at Summerslam

What does him having a bad gimmick before have to do with anything? You know who else that happened to? Bray Wyatt.

I'll never forget the Jojo chants at Summerslam

Because people wanted him to beat Cena (like they want every Internet flavor of the week too) with his silly gimmick. Sandow's fine where he is, a lower midcard guy who can occasionally sniff around for the modern day TV title - the IC/US belt depending on who holds it. There are about 20 guys either in developmental or on the roster better on him younger than him so there's no reason he ever needs to be in the main event.

AWESOME. Dead or Alive 2014 is going to be live on iPPV May 5th;

DRAGON GATE, "DEAD OR ALIVE", 2014.05.05
Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium

http://www.ustream.tv/DragonGate

16:00 JST | 09:00 EU | 08:00 UK | 03:00 EDT | 00:00 PDT

0. Mondai Ryu vs Ryotsu Shimizu vs Kotoka
1. Monster Express (Uhaa Nation & Shachihoko Boy) vs Mad Blankey (Cyber Kong & Kzy)
2. Gamma & Yosuke♡Santa Maria vs Jimmyz (Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! & Jimmy Kagetora)
3. Open the Brave Gate Championship: Flamita © vs Jimmy Susumu
4. Open the Twin Gate Championship: Monster Express (Akira Tozawa & Shingo Takagi) © vs Oretachi Veteran-gun (Masaaki Mochizuki & Don Fuji)
5. Open the Triangle Gate Championship: Millenials (T-Hawk, Eita & U-T) © vs Oretachi Veteran-gun (Dragon Kid, K-ness & Super Shisa)
6. Open the Dream Gate Championship: Ricochet © vs YAMATO
7. Steel Cage Survival Scapegoat Mascara contra Cabellera: Naruki Doi vs BxB Hulk vs Jimmy Kanda vs Mr. Quu Quu Naoki Tanizaki Toyonaka Dolphin vs Masato Yoshino vs CIMA*

*each competitor has a scapegoat on the outside of the ring and, whoever is left last in the cage, their scapegoat will have to lose either their mask or their hair. The scapegoats are as follows;

Doi = Kzy (hair)
Hulk = Cyber Kong (mask)
Kanda = Jimmy Susumu (hair)
Tanizaki = Genki Horiguchi (hair)
Yoshino = Shachihoko BOY (mask)
CIMA = Dragon Kid (mask)

Ithil

Already Wrestling:

Bayley
Charlotte
Sasha Banks

Yet To Debut:

Alexa Bliss

Leah Van Dale

Rebecca Quin

Sarah Bäckman

Shaul Guerrero

They also have Cody's wife Brandi, Devin Taylor and a couple of others.

008_sara_03042014ca_4lxkl8.jpg

Sara Del Rey has a full class, that's for sure.

Judging from the house shows, Alexa Bliss and Rebecca Knox are the most ready for TV
Which I'm alright with, you know, from a purely wrestling point of view

1397689588967q5km9.png

rebeccalojp0.jpg

Sblargh

Banned
Having a championship out of nowhere creates this cool excuse to open the floodgates to a new batch to enter the NXT main roster all at once. It also creates a great opportunity to do a one hour show dedicated only to women wrestling.

Do it Triple StepH, I know you want to!

I mean, one single episode of NXT dedicated to women is not that much to ask, right?

alstein

But he beat Hogan once! ^_^

Striker

Because people wanted him to beat Cena (like they want every Internet flavor of the week too) with his silly gimmick. Sandow's fine where he is, a lower midcard guy who can occasionally sniff around for the modern day TV title - the IC/US belt depending on who holds it. There are about 20 guys either in developmental or on the roster better on him younger than him so there's no reason he ever needs to be in the main event.
When I crap on WWE's mistakes (which is often), ruining Sandow is one of the biggest peeves. Nowhere do I or truthfully believe he should be a heel main eventer. The midcard is a complete joke and how they have used Sandow since winning the WHC MitB match dictates precisely why the card is a joke. Why people in it often don't have stories, personal rivalries, and often with bad or no character whatsoever. Hell, some just get saddled in random tag teams. The character of Damien Sandow was one great example of somebody in the company of having an actual personality, some neat qualities that were different than others - but they've stripped it away, for nothing.

strobogo

Banned
Vader/Boss Man from Spring Stampede 1994 is dope. Just two big fat athletic guys beating the shit out of each other for 9 minutes.

But I want to say that Harley Race was a TERRIBLE manager. His promos sucked, he always seemed lost, and always insisted on taking bumps even though his body was so stiff that it made everything look like shit. He always came off as this doddering old guy who had no idea that he looked awful. He might have been a good promo guy in the 70s and 80s, but he definitely wasn't in the 90s. He added nothing to anyone he managed.

But lol at Bock straight up stripping Boss Man of his gimmick because of law suit threats.

strobogo said:
But I want to say that Harley Race was a TERRIBLE manager. His promos sucked, he always seemed lost, and always insisted on taking bumps even though his body was so stiff that it made everything look like shit. He always came off as this doddering old guy who had no idea that he looked awful. He might have been a good promo guy in the 70s and 80s, but he definitely wasn't in the 90s. He added nothing to anyone he managed.

Hard to disagree with that. Harley had always looked like a grumpy old dude, but by the 90's he was positively geriatric and lacked the calm, collected menace of his promo work in previous decades.

strobogo

Banned
He didn't even do promos. He just growled some stuff that you could barely understand. I would say he was actually a detriment to whoever he was managing because he would always get involved in matches despite looking terrible and killing any momentum. No idea why WCW kept him in that role for so long.

Browny

Banned
He tazered Cactus quite well though... Although Vader really didn't need chicken shit ways of winning matches (just bludgeon the crap out of people!), I think it was an understandable method of booking to have Harley interfere occasionally, to give an air of "unlucky" to the challenger.

strobogo

Banned
Unrelated to Harley Race or wrestling in general:

Why do people, especially women, always look away in pictures? Why are so many folks keeping their head looking straight while having their eyes as far left or right as possible?

Why do adults type out smileys?

Why do so many adults type lol and haha for no reason? I'm talking about when there is no joke or anything funny being typed or responded to. Something like, lol here is my picture haha :{)

strobogo

Banned
Another thing that IS wrestling related:

It has always bugged me that the Flair Flip was always sold as momentum from a hard Irish whip instead of it actually being a defensive move from Flair. It was always a defensive move even if it never worked out for him. It's not a defensive move when HBK did it. It most definitely was when Flair did it, but it was never called as such. That guys like JR and Tony never called it as such despite it being a common move in the 70s was always weird.

Top Bottom