• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Laserfrog

I feel like if I find Yoda that he'll have all the answers, such as:
  1. Why was level 1 so confusing?
  2. Why was level 2 so difficult?
  3. How come level 3 was the best level? Why not start the game at level 3 dammit
  4. How come I look so good in green?

Also because almost every time you press start and choose your force power Alec Guniness says "Luke, choose the force." I AM Star Wars

strobogo

Banned
I feel like if I find Yoda that he'll have all the answers, such as:
  1. Why was level 1 so confusing?
  2. Why was level 2 so difficult?
  3. How come level 3 was the best level? Why not start the game at level 3 dammit
  4. How come I look so good in green?

Also because almost every time you press start and choose your force power Alec Guniness says "Luke, choose the force." I AM Star Wars

i8cuZkp8rcHPU.gif

does anybody legitimately remember cena beating the rock at wrestlemania whatever? do people even know they had a rematch? why when the wwe does a top "xx" list they always throw in dumb unforgettable mania moments Vince thinks are brilliant but the rest of pop culture has no idea even occurred?

does anybody legitimately remember cena beating the rock at wrestlemania whatever? do people even know they had a rematch? why when the wwe does a top "xx" list they always throw in dumb unforgettable mania moments Vince thinks are brilliant but the rest of pop culture has no idea even occurred?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

This Austin podcast with Heyman is so good.

Heyman still has some of the best perspectives on the business. As great as his work has been in recent years, it's really too bad he's being wasted on the sidelines. Yeah, yeah, yeah Mr. H's will turn things around, whatever. Iz Paul Heyman, yo

Guzim

I remember that... because I was there :(

Vylash

Heyman still has some of the best perspectives on the business. As great as his work has been in recent years, it's really too bad he's being wasted on the sidelines. Yeah, yeah, yeah Mr. H's will turn things around, whatever. Iz Paul Heyman, yo

Yeah I listened to that earlier and I thought it was really good, only thing I wasn't a fan of was his opinion on blood

Sblargh

Banned
I just had this incredible genius idea for a wrestling/fighting MMO game.

So, first you build a fighting game engine that is highly customizable and balanced, right? Easy peasy. Just adapt Mugen so as not be broken.

Then, you create your character. It can be a fighter, a promoter or a manager.

After that, the world is yours. Promoters start their companies and have to deal with both real people as fighters and managers to get a roster going. Fighter, obviously, just fight, it's a 2D fighting game, they just what they do, whatevs. Managers act as both agents and hype machines.

All in a kind of salty bets enviroment where people bet fake money on fake fights. This is the currency as the promoters get a cut of the bets. Ultimately the fake money is spent on buying stuff for the fighter, so the fake money go: betting -> promoters -> agents (if there is one, fighters can be their own agent of course) -> fighter -> customization store.

Now, some promotions will be legit. They will create balanced characters, will only allow a certain type of character and they will actually compete (or at least is what the marks will believe). Customization store may include super steroids to make absurd DBZ-like characters and legit promotions will want to weed that out, but smart players may try to increase stats and play around it, so people do not notice they are cheating (by, say, handicapping yourself mid-fight, as in pulling your punches, and pressing a "cheat blatantly" button to cause more damage and hope no one will notice)

Others will be just pure entertainment, creating absurd enviroments and swerves to bring people in via comedy. How they get hype is entirely up to them, want to make a promotion based on fighters extra juiced up on super steroids and having the format of penis while firing beams from the balls? Go ahead, if that's what it takes to make people spend their hard earned fake money, then do it!

And then everything in between. All the while, the backstage enviroment will just be organic; good characters (either good players, funny characters or both) will become valuable to agressive promotions and managers, gimmicks will fall flat, promoters and fighters will backstab managers to cut the middle man; managers will either become manipulated chumps or reliable bridges between new fighters and the top promotions.

I am a genius.

Zertez

I like Paige a lot. Her submission finisher, Scorpion Cross Lock seems out of place for the state of Divas matches at this point of time. It is a unique move, but takes too long to apply when they barely give the divas 7 minutes for a match. To me it seems like a move to put on someone after a long hard fought match and the person cant fight back to prevent it. I know it is wrestling, but the person has to lay there and do next to nothing when she applies it.

When the Divas are worn down after a 15 or 20 minute match, it seems like the perfect time to use a submission like that imo. A good 20 minute Divas match is probably a dream. I know she doesnt have control on the time they give the Divas, so she wants to use it to show it off. When she applies it outside of NXT, the Divas barely have time to break a sweat because of the short matches during the main shows. Maybe they dont want to show the Divas on air sweating or messing up their makeup, but it is insulting how little attention they give to the Divas who are good workers. Some of the Divas skills are pathetic in the ring and it seems they are kept around because they look good or create drama on the reality show. Several Divas look great and can put on a fun in ring match. Given the quality of the best Divas, I wish they would give them more time on Raw or Smackdown. I would love to see a I quit match between Paige and AJ. I know this has been talked about quite a bit already, I just hate to see them waste talent in their prime especially since Divas dont have very long careers in the WWE.

I like Paige a lot. Her submission finisher, Scorpion Cross Lock seems out of place for the state of Divas matches at this point of time. It is a unique move, but takes too long to apply when they barely give the divas 7 minutes for a match. To me it seems like a move to put on someone after a long hard fought match and the person cant fight back to prevent it. I know it is wrestling, but the person has to lay there and do next to nothing when she applies it.

When the Divas are worn down after a 15 or 20 minute match, it seems like the perfect time to use a submission like that imo. A good 20 minute Divas match is probably a dream. I know she doesnt have control on the time they give the Divas, so she wants to use it to show it off. When she applies it outside of NXT, the Divas barely have time to break a sweat because of the short matches during the main shows. Maybe they dont want to show the Divas on air sweating or messing up their makeup, but it is insulting how little attention they give to the Divas who are good workers. Some of the Divas skills are pathetic in the ring and it seems they are kept around because they look good or create drama on the reality show. Several Divas look great and can put on a fun in ring match. Given the quality of the best Divas, I wish they would give them more time on Raw or Smackdown. I would love to see a I quit match between Paige and AJ. I know this has been talked about quite a bit already, I just hate to see them waste talent in their prime especially since Divas dont have very long careers in the WWE.

A few things:

- Triple H appreciates the Divas division, as seen in NXT

- Paige is only 21, and her mother is still wrestling at 42, so I'd say Paige isn't going anywhere for a while.

- Paige is a Triple H product, so I think he'll make sure she is showcased effectively.

Edgeward

I am not sure why they protect ADR. Why not just lose to E tonight? For a guy that is given no direction or hint of storylines approaching, he has some relative success like in the battle royale and was able to beat the IC champ clean a few weeks ago.

Part 2 is great. Even the intro where he's telling a dumb story about rats on hs ranch is majorly entertaining. Love me some Heyman!

Sblargh

Banned
The unofficial retirement age of female wrestlers is a big shame for the industry. If any of those fuckers were a woman, they would have been forced into retirement way before the peak of their careers.

I am not sure why they protect ADR. Why not just lose to E tonight? For a guy that is given no direction or hint of storylines approaching, he has some relative success like in the battle royale and was able to beat the IC champ clean a few weeks ago.

I think they were making Big E appear weaker to give a feel that his title is in danger... as if he needed the help.

Alucard

Banned
Just want to share that I totally overdid it at lunch and way overate on sushi...but still got in a 40 minute DDP Yoga routine at the end of the day to semi-compensate. Phew. Why is it so easy to be stupid with food choices?

geomon

Just want to share that I totally overdid it at lunch and way overate on sushi...but still got in a 40 minute DDP Yoga routine at the end of the day to semi-compensate. Phew. Why is it so easy to be stupid with food choices?

Cause food is awesome. Especially sushi.

Vylash

Hornswoggle vs El Torito was worth watching just for the awesome commentary "GORE! GORE! GORE! GORE!" "SO YOU BELIEVE IN BULLS? IT'S A MIRACLE ON MUSIC STREET!" "THESE PEOPLE CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY'VE JUST SEEN! IT'S LIKE THE STREAK ENDING ALL OVER AGAIN!"

I meant WWE instead of "industry", sorry.

I don't know that it is forced though. Almost all the women who "retired" left on their own volition. Trish, Lita, McCool, etc. All of them made their own decision to leave, and were on top of the division, or close to it, when they did leave.

Edgeward

Paige/aksana didnt even go past 5 minutes. At least it was more physical than normal diva matches.

Aksana's promo was awkward as fuck. So was Tamina but less so.

Top Bottom