• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

I guess you and I aren't watching the same guy then. I think he carries himself great and has a good look for his style. He's not an amazing talker but he is decent. He has a decent moveset and builds to his finisher nicely. He's not amazing, but he's not bad either.

And what's with this constant comparison to Punk? I guess every guy that has tattoos will be compared to CM Punk for the rest of wrestling's existence?

I challenge you to find a "good" Corey Graves match. I'll even extend it to his time as Sterling James Keenan in the indies. Too small to be a brawler, not athletic enough to be a high flyer, not technically sound enough to be a Jamie Noble type. He excels at nothing.

As for moveset, if your "best of Corey Grave's moves" is a compilation of a heartpunch used as a fucking transition move, an abdominal stretch, a forearm smash, and a clothesline, how great is your moveset?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I challenge you to find a "good" Corey Graves match. I'll even extend it to his time as Sterling James Keenan in the indies. Too small to be a brawler, not athletic enough to be a high flyer, not technically sound enough to be a Jamie Noble type. He excels at nothing.

As for moveset, if your "best of Corey Grave's moves" is a compilation of a heartpunch used as a fucking transition move, an abdominal stretch, a forearm smash, and a clothesline, how great is your moveset?

I won't have you badmouthing the heart punch. That move needs to come back in a BIG way.

I thought his match with Sami Zayn (the first one in March) was really good. The follow-up match a few weeks ago was also good with the story it told, and Graves played his part in it great.

But I'm sure those don't count because "find one without Zayn", right?

lol heart punch

next thing you guys want to bring back is prolly the cranium crush as well

you guys should never be in charge of anything ever

As much as his moveset is concerned, I like this.

YQ9LN4t.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol heart punch

next thing you guys want to bring back is prolly the cranium crush as well

you guys should never be in charge of anything ever

How mad will you get when I come out and my finisher is the STOMACH CLAW?

And for all the comparisons to Punk, I think Graves' best comp style-wise by far is Orton. Same slow pace and methodical style. Carries himself the same way and has similar mannerisms.

I thought his match with Sami Zayn (the first one in March) was really good. The follow-up match a few weeks ago was also good with the story it told, and Graves played his part in it great.

But I'm sure those don't count because "find one without Zayn", right?

I've just watched all 5:29 of that March Zayn/Graves match, and calling it "good" would be charitable. It was inoffensive, if only because Zayn has quite a bank of good will built up. Graves's 1:30 vs. Yoshi Tatsu seemed like an eternity.

I've just watched all 5:29 of that March Zayn/Graves match, and calling it "good" would be charitable. It was inoffensive, if only because Zayn has quite a bank of good will built up. Graves's 1:30 vs. Yoshi Tatsu seemed like an eternity.

It wasn't 5 minutes, so it's not the one I'm referencing. The one I'm talking about was about 10-12 minutes. From the March 5 NXT. The concussion match was good because of the storytelling, they really didn't have much time to actually work a competitive match.

It wasn't 5 minutes, so it's not the one I'm referencing. The one I'm talking about was about 10-12 minutes. From the March 5 NXT.

The one described in this recap that's 5:17, which means I actually gave it 12 more seconds than it actually had?

There's one from April that's 13:56, which was ruined by the referee stoppage because they were going with the Sami Zayn is concussed storyline.

The one described in this recap that's 5:17, which means I actually gave it 12 more seconds than it actually had?

There's one from April that's 13:56, which was ruined by the referee stoppage because they were going with the Sami Zayn is concussed storyline.

No, the one from the March 5 NXT is 11 minutes. I just now watched it on the Network to be sure. And the April match wasn't "ruined" by the concussion. That was the point of the match, to tell that story. And that story was told well by both guys involved.

There's no point in arguing about Graves anymore. You have your opinion based on god knows what, and I have mine based on what I've actually seen. Neither of us are changing obviously.

Vylash

There's no point in arguing about Graves anymore. You have your opinion based on god knows what, and I have mine based on what I've actually seen. Neither of us are changing obviously.

When Corey Graves wins the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania 31, we'll have the last laugh

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If I was truly jacked, I would dress like Jesse Ventura every day of my life. Maybe not the hair though.

That is a terrible way to present your point. 'You clearly don't know what you're talking about, and I do. Let's not argue psthatmeansiwin'

That is a terrible way to present your point. 'You clearly don't know what you're talking about, and I do. Let's not argue psthatmeansiwin'

That's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying that, from what I've seen, I like him. From what he's seen, he doesn't. But what he's seen is obviously something I haven't (hence the "god knows what" comment). I'm not saying I win. You can't win an argument based around opinions.

When Corey Graves wins the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania 31, we'll have the last laugh

It's not even that. It's just this idea that everything is either terrible or the best thing ever. When Bo Dallas comes up it's "man he's terrible in the ring". When the Ascension comes up it's "man, these guys are terrible". "Guys, Michael Cole is terrible/this announcing is terrible." Nothing can be decent or average. Always radical one way or the other. And that's no one specific person, but just the general theme of people's opinions on any given subject.

Sokantish

Corey Graves is boring and he has dumb tattoos!

I'm sorry guys that was the Trials Fusion rage speaking, I'm 24 minutes and 300 faults into this track. I'm gonna give up!

Edgeward

It's not even that. It's just this idea that everything is either terrible or the best thing ever. When Bo Dallas comes up it's "man he's terrible in the ring". When the Ascension comes up it's "man, these guys are terrible". "Guys, Michael Cole is terrible/this announcing is terrible." Nothing can be decent or average. Always radical one way or the other. And that's no one specific person, but just the general theme of people's opinions on any given subject.

Just the nature of the internet

No, the one from the March 5 NXT is 11 minutes. I just now watched it on the Network to be sure. And the April match wasn't "ruined" by the concussion. That was the point of the match, to tell that story. And that story was told well by both guys involved.

Okay, this recap lists the March match for 13+ minutes. I've just watched it, and I'll be charitable and say it's "okay." Sure, he couldn't carry his side of the program when he worked with Rollins and The Shield or as the heel when he worked with Adrian Neville,

I mean, the guy wasn't good enough to make the ROH roster full time when I watched him on the indies, and he hasn't shown much development from those days in telling a story in a match or playing a character. So yeah, I'd rather watch Mojo Rawley because at least Mojo's matches are short.

Okay, this recap lists the March match for 13+ minutes. I've just watched it, and I'll be charitable and say it's "okay." Sure, he couldn't carry his side of the program when he worked with Rollins and The Shield or as the heel when he worked with Adrian Neville,

I mean, the guy wasn't good enough to make the ROH roster full time when I watched him on the indies, and he hasn't shown much development from those days in telling a story in the a match or playing a character. So yeah, I'd rather watch Mojo Rawley because at least Mojo's matches are short.

Like I said, I guess we are just seeing different things, or have different ideas of what's good. I like him, you don't. That won't change, but we've both made our case. Good talk.

Corey Graves 'methodical pace' benefits him greatly.

Something Jerry Lawler knows nothing about.

Someone please get this reference.

I remember that being said, but I forgot who it was for. Was it during the Taker match? I think he was basically using Linda McMahon speak for someone being slow.

I remember that being said, but I forgot who it was for. Was it during the Taker match? I think he was basically using Linda McMahon speak for someone being slow.

It's a VGCW/WWE 2K14 joke. On commentary Cole asks King what a methodical pace benefit and Lawler says he doesn't know. He's asked this question since Smackdown vs Raw 2010.

That's the thing: calling him "average" would be charitable. His facial expressions shouldn't be so bland for someone who's been wrestling for as long as he has. So if he's not outstanding, and I don't think that he meets the standards for "average," that leaves "below average" or terrible. His promo against Yoshi Tatsu? Bleh.

does nxt do ratings similar to tna? they occupy the same time slot. also their venues look to be about the same size and equally as full.

NXT doesn't have ratings, but we know the Network has 667,000 subscribers. So even if every single subscriber watched NXT every week, it'd still be below the 1 million TNA consistently does.

frogg609

I subscribed to the WWE Network yesterday (haven't watched in 15 years or so). Watched the build up to Wrestlemania 30 and watched that, and totally loved it!

Now, I don't have cable tv. How can I get my weekly wrestling fix since RAW and Smackdown aren't on the WWE Network.

I subscribed to the WWE Network yesterday (haven't watched in 15 years or so). Watched the build up to Wrestlemania 30 and watched that, and totally loved it!

Now, I don't have cable tv. How can I get my weekly wrestling fix since RAW and Smackdown aren't on the WWE Network.

NXT is pretty good. Every Thursday night on the Network. Check it out.

Hulu Plus has replays of both.

Top Bottom