• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Sephzilla

Random 3-panel gif

CM Punk realizes its okay to spank

NBEXPub.gif

Shocked-CM-Punk.gif

HuvV3he.gif

Striker

Rusev's squashes on TV should be ending in a few moves. If you're doing to do a squash, it shouldn't last as long as his does. They're only doing a repeat of what they did with Ryback, but Ryback got over with the crowd and got a catch phrase as he did.

Vadersault. Awesome.
Reminds me at Badd Blood 1997 in the Vader, Patriot against Bret, Bulldog match. Vader is setting up a moonsault to Bulldog, but you sense he's doing something else. Bulldog moves as he's jumping but Vader does a complete backflip and nearly lands on his two feet - just stumbling a few feet. Incredible for a man his size.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Have we ever had a very long squash match? Like 10+ minutes of absolutely no offense by the other dude?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Have we ever had a very long squash match? Like 10+ minutes of absolutely no offense by the other dude?

Insert Hogan/Cena/Goldberg joke here.

That would be incredibly boring. Closest thing I can think of is Brock Lesnar vs The Hardyz, but they got plenty of moves in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinkin' some kind of squash with a 15 or 30 minute time limit against someone who had no desire to go for the pin. But I doubt it happened.

Hasney

Found this about the Boston attendance thing from last year:

-- The announced attendance at the TD Garden Arena in Boston, MA for the WWE Survivor Series pay-per-view was 15,297 fans. That was a legit sellout.

Looks like it can hold more than 12k.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bootaaay, I'm going to give you another reason not to like Naito, and it's hard for me to admit it.

....He kind of looks like Beefcake in the face

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Per Wiki, for basketball it does over 17k, so I'd imagine even with the entryway you'd only lose say a thousand from that?

Basketball has seats within touching distance of people on the benches while wrestling has a rather sizable perimeter between the barricade and the ring and the entrance ramp. Losing a few thousand is about right.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also keep in mind due to pyro on entrance AND ring people may need to be scooted back. I don't think it's unreasonable, especially if Kane's there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Survivor Series 89 interview with Rude and Perfect.

If you watch Perfect's part, and you look in the background. The Genius has the dreamiest, lustful eyes towards Perfect. Not since Layla and Kaitlyn have I seen such lustful eyes.

Browny

Banned
Basketball has seats within touching distance of people on the benches while wrestling has a rather sizable perimeter between the barricade and the ring and the entrance ramp. Losing a few thousand is about right.

Basketball court width is 28.65m, wrestling ring is 20x20. With 4m each side, they're pretty much the same width-wise. But yeah, I forgot about pyro...

Edit: I'm talking out of my arse. Ignore everything. Ever.

At home? Mobil? What's your cap?

Home. 120GB per month. I ate through it with WWE Network, looking at some Amazon Instant Video (Orphan Black and Hannibal Season One) and Xbox Spring Sale downloads.

Got a spare 1GB on my phone, but really slow.

I think I will make it. The GIFs here dont help :p

jmdajr

Home. 120GB per month. I ate through it with WWE Network, looking at some Amazon Instant Video (Orphan Black and Hannibal Season One) and Xbox Spring Sale downloads.

I will be courteous and post no pics/gifs until your cap resets!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I only post one 3-Panel-Jiff per day. I recommend turning off gifs on mobile!

bean breath, just wait until you hear Steve talk about rats and pull out his pocket knife for the workin' man. Some incredible audio whoop ass.
Did those damn rats nest inside the Polaris four-wheeler? Damn rats must have jumped the one foot, electric fence. Stupid rats taking PEDs. I need to listen to this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Give current-day WWE a letter grade on how you feel the product is RIGHT NOW.

I'm going with a B-. They've made a lot of big strides lately, NXT is looking great, there's still issues like forgotten titles (US Champ, folks) and records kinda "accidentally" being broken just because they haven't had a meaningful feud with someone else.

Mania 30 was a huge step in an interesting direction, but there's still a lot of work to do. As much as I'd like to give them a C for being average, the product is getting better than average.

Scottify

I would say C+ right now. Slightly above average. I think it's better now than it has been in a while, but there is still room for improvement.

I like that they're putting more focus on the Intercontinental title, I would like to see a similar push for the tag team titles. They're getting there but still needs a little more oomph for me.

I will be courteous and post no pics/gifs until your cap resets!

I only post one 3-Panel-Jiff per day. I recommend turning off gifs on mobile!

Thanks all! I think I will be able to make it, once something does not auto download. A big auto downloaded patch for a game on Steam, PS4 might be disastrous though. Have a few Blu-ray to watch (Frozen, Warrior's new one), so can hold back on streaming with those

Streaming is a killer for me when I cannot force lower quality on a decent speed connection. Would love if WWE (and Amazon) implemented that down the line. Netflix has it.

somedevil

WWE will announce on tonight's NXT that NXT General Manager JBL will strip Paige of her NXT Women's Title because she can't hold that title and the WWE Divas Title at the same time. The segment will feature Paige initially refusing but finally agreeing.

The segment will be released online today and inserted into tonight's broadcast. It was likely produced at Monday's RAW.

A storyline that will crown a new NXT Women's Champion will kick off at tonight's tapings at Full Sail University.

My guess for the new champion is Charlotte who I didn't know she is married to the former ascension member.

Marvel

could never
Gets a B from me!

We're slowly getting there, now if Cena can put over Bray this time... will upgrade to B+.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You want to know the best Shawn Michaels moment of all time?

Survivor Series with the Canadian flag. DX was usually so fucking stupid, but this shit was hilarious. This wasn't drugged out HBK, it was drugged out, trolling HBK. Now, of course, you get fired for interrupting an anthem because people are butthurt patriots about everything.

Ithil

My guess for the new champion is Charlotte who I didn't know she is married to the former ascension member.

Charlotte is a future talent, I can see her being a really good wrestler in a couple of years, but she's way too green for the push she's getting. Flair name, etc.

Sephzilla

You want to know the best Shawn Michaels moment of all time?

Survivor Series with the Canadian flag. DX was usually so fucking stupid, but this shit was hilarious. This wasn't drugged out HBK, it was drugged out, trolling HBK. Now, of course, you get fired for interrupting an anthem because people are butthurt patriots about everything.

I think this is a big reason why we don't have more great heels. There are too many restrictions and bad guys aren't allowed to do too many things that could get them some legit heat.

Watching some of the classic stuff on the Network, Roddy Pipper straight up calls Bruno Sammartino a
wop
to his face in the middle of the Garden. You'd never see anything like that from a heel these days.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What heel action generated the most intense amount of heat you've ever seen?

Top Bottom