• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

I think I'd give it a solid C+ right now. I think I need to see what's going on with the World Title after Extreme Rules as that feud isn't knocking me dead. I like Bryan as champion, just need more time to see what his reign is. Unforeseen circumstances have made it difficult to see.

I'm not a fan of the Evolution/Shield feud. Not a big fan of the Shield, and Evolution is just death to me. HHH is the only A+ player in it for me. Not a fan of BNB, and Cesaro is getting there. I don't think the Cena/Bray feud is doing either guy favors, and it says something if I like Cena more than his opponent. Paige is a fine Divas Champion but you could put anyone in that position if you ask me. It doesn't matter.

The rest is meddling undercard shit I've never and will never care about.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jake slapping Elizabeth
Post-Larry hitting Bruno with the chair like the next week though. It was still registering with the crowd when he actually did it

Do you have a clip of it? I want to hear that insanity.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nope, sadly WWE edits it out(fucking seriously) in all their versions of it. So you'd have to find the VHS release version of the match

Cagey

Banned
mcbob-lebron.gif

McBob > Chris Hero.

Marvel

could never
Quite liked the heat Punk got for getting in Flairs face, calling him a loser and attacking him with his crutch at slammy Raw lol.

Good heat, especially after 1 legged strut.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
WWE is a solid C

There are 7 hours of shows a week and the only thing that matters is like 3 segments on Raw. There are not enough active stories and most of the matches are throwaway.

They have the roster to do something great but their creative sucks.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Cena sold 5x more merch than the the #2 seller last month? Holy shit. He was in a midcard feud, and still sold like crazy.

Sephzilla

I'm going to give WWE a B, maybe B- right now. I'm giving them bonus points because right now they've at least set things up to have a good future.

Most amount of heat I've ever seen? John Cena at ECW One Night Stand.

Entropia

No One Remembers
When is there going to be a thread in OT for "I met my boy/girlfriend through WrassleGAF and I couldn't be happier!"????

The only year I'd give WWE an A was 2000, and an A- for 2001, botched Invasion angle and all, they had a lot of great stars and a lot of great matches every month. Its various levels of hit-or-miss before or since. Like 2002 you have Smackdown Six and Brock Lesnar and Shawn Michaels and RVD/Guerreo and Jeff Hardy before drugs and The Hurricane and BookerDust, but then you'd have HHH who wasn't the worker he was from 2000-2001 burying everybody on RAW and having sex with Katie Vick. 2003 was a lot of the same from what I remember; HHH would have more awful angles and matches with Steiner and Goldberg and Kevin Nash and shit while ratings dropped, while Smackdown had Team Angle and Los Guerreros and Angle/Lesnar and rapping John Cena and damn near everyone worth a damn 'cept RVD, the Dudleyz and Jericho/Christian.

Yeah ya know, its like an anthology, you take the good with the bad. I think 2007 was the nadir, with Benoit/Eddie/Angle/Lesnar gone, that fuckin' Edge/Batista feud that went on for ten years and was never good, and John Cena had already transformed into his current corporate robot self. I can't even remember anything from the second half of that year, gun to head.

Sephzilla

When is there going to be a thread in OT for "I met my boy/girlfriend through WrassleGAF and I couldn't be happier!"????

It might happen.

But I totally expect the third post to be a SWERVE by the girl/boyfriend saying they're dumping him for another GAF member.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
God, Triple H's induction of Ric Flair is infuriating....thanks to the plebian crowd.

"woo woo woo" "woo" "woo woo" "woo" "woo woo woo" "woo" "woo woo" "woo" "woo woo woo" "woo" "woo woo" "woo" "woo woo woo" "woo" "woo woo" "woo" "woo woo woo" "woo" "woo woo" "woo"

Heel

God, Triple H's induction of Ric Flair is infuriating....thanks to the plebian crowd.

"woo woo woo" "woo" "woo woo" "woo" "woo woo woo" "woo" "woo woo" "woo" "woo woo woo" "woo" "woo woo" "woo" "woo woo woo" "woo" "woo woo" "woo" "woo woo woo" "woo" "woo woo" "woo"

This all goes back to my "the crowd now thinks they're a part of the show" argument.

WWE is a solid C

There are 7 hours of shows a week and the only thing that matters is like 3 segments on Raw. There are not enough active stories and most of the matches are throwaway.

They have the roster to do something great but their creative sucks.

They need to step up their game to some Game of Thrones quality storytelling.

You people will never impress Lana with your hodgepodge Russian. Learn to speak as she does, and she may look your way - if you are lucky...

mlveBvp.png

Top Bottom