• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vince will baby Cena as long as humanly possible. He is just a marker, easier to manipulate version of Hogan. It's like his dream boner without any of the drama.

Like, Hulk's fucking smart about business and always looking to move up the ladder to another field even if he sucks at it. Cena's just happy to ruin wrestling for the rest of his life. That's what's so scary about Cena.

Razorskin

----- ------
QYPtuwQ.gif

She's got to work on her Flair flop

"John Cena suuuuuuuuuuucks, John Cena suuuuuuuuuuuuucks"

I'd only ever see/hear it at some house shows. I'm actually surprised it hadn't caught on until then. You'd think places like NYC would've tried it once - imagine if it happened during the Survivor Series match w/ The Rock + Awesome Truth.

But yeah, his reaction will probably be fine, something like the "retirement speech" crowd.

Did you guys here that Connor, the young fan of Daniel Bryan, has passed away from his battle with cancer? So damn sad.

That's really too bad. When I saw he was front row for Daniel Bryan's wins at WrestleMania, it just made the moment that much sweeter.

I hope this is just Internet mis-reporting, but if it's true, RIP Connor "Stone Crusher" Michalek.

Heel

Shawn's HOF speech on WWE Network is hilarious. Dude was legit pissed off at the dumb ass fans who yell random shit (ONE MORE MATCH! I LOVE YOU SHAWN! WOOOOOO) during speeches. Almost makes me wish they wouldn't let fans into these things when they do that shit.

Hey man, they're a part of the show!

Reminds me of the guy chanting "You still got it!" by himself as The Undertaker left his hotel room at WrestleMania. Learn how to conduct yourselves, ya fuckin' ingrates. I bet these same people try to start "You fucked up!" chants at a ballet performance if someone misses their cue.

Reminds me of the guy chanting "You still got it!" by himself as The Undertaker left his hotel room at WrestleMania. Learn to conduct yourselves, ya fuckin' ingrates. I bet these same people try to start "You fucked up!" chants at a ballet performance if someone misses their cue.
Hey, if someone fucks up, it's our right as members of the audience and participants in the show to make them aware of it

jmdajr

Reminds me of the guy chanting "You still got it!" by himself as The Undertaker left his hotel room at WrestleMania. Learn how to conduct yourselves, ya fuckin' ingrates. I bet these same people try to start "You fucked up!" chants at a ballet performance if someone misses their cue.

No one here would ever do this.

right?

RIGHT?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Easy solution to fix the HoF - enforce a dress code. Problem solved.

KissVibes

Banned

Wasn't it that dumb motherfucker that wears his gross superman costume to the WWE events?

Sephzilla

I'm totally okay with various wrestling chants and what not because I'm a firm believer that the crowd is just as important to the show as the talent in the ring.

But really, don't try to do that stupid shit out in public (like that one guy chanting you still got it) or get stupid during a hall of fame speech.

Surprised Orton never used his arm sling as a weapon a la Bob

I think it's great that Randy's not at all like his father, the whole 2nd/3rd generation thing wears thin when it's the only thing worth a damn about a wrestler.

I hate that they're calling Charlotte "the dirtiest Diva in the game" - what's she done to warrant that? It's not like Ric started calling himself that on day 1.

njean777

So extreme rules is coming up, what is gonna happen with the shield? Do you think it is to early for them to break up? I mean I can see Ambrose as a heel, and Reigns/Rollins as faces, but for some reason I see it a little early for them to turn one of them. They practically just became faces and to turn one of them to quickly would be odd. What do you guys think? Were they faces before wrestlemania? I thought they were heel for a long time before wrestlemania.

Rapstah

So extreme rules is coming up, what is gonna happen with the shield? Do you think it is to early for them to break up? I mean I can see Ambrose as a heel, and Reigns/Rollins as faces, but for some reason I see it a little early for them to turn one of them. They practically just became faces and to turn one of them to quickly would be odd. What do you guys think? Were they faces before wrestlemania? I thought they were heel for a long time before wrestlemania.

They were technically faces since they "turned on Kane" couple of weeks before WM but obviously were getting face reactions for long before that.

Doesn't look like they're splitting up too soon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think it's great that Randy's not at all like his father, the whole 2nd/3rd generation thing wears thin when it's the only thing worth a damn about a wrestler.

I hate that they're calling Charlotte "the dirtiest Diva in the game" - what's she done to warrant that? It's not like Ric started calling himself that on day 1.

Well since Ric stole his gimmick, maybe she's stealing it from him.
Let's look at the great 'wrestling kids' on who made it and who didn't, shall we?

Made it
Randy Orton - Doesn't act a thing like his dad. Doesn't rip off his gimmicks. Doesn't rip off his mannerisms.
Bret Hart - Sorta acts like his dad out of the ring, but in it, he's very different. His brother Owen, also, very different from Bret and very different from his father.
The Rock - Nothing like his dad
Goldust - Nothing like his dad. When he was like his dad, he went nowhere
Bray Wyatt - Nothing like his dad. Or his brother. Even though they all have the same face
Macho Man - Absolutely nothing like his dad or his brother. Completely original. I'd say the same for Lanny, but he never really 'made it.' But he did beat Hogan
Mr. Perfect - nothing like his dad who was more of a old school brawler with a relatively down to earth gimmick.

Didn't Make it/Is a complete joke who mooches off their father's legacy
Natalya - The absolute worst of them all. No attempts to differentiate herself form her family. Used to rip off her dad's stupid laugh. Now? She steals from people who aren't even her parents. Definition of nepotism.
Tamina - Rips off her dad. Has nothing unique or original to bring. Mediocre talent who only got signed because of her murderous father.
Ted Dibiase Jr - Used his dad's gimmicks and his dad's finishing move. I give Ted a little credit that he did develop some of his own things, but he still relied far too heavily on the Dibiase name once he realized he couldn't get over just as a competent wrestler since he had little charisma.

Notice something? All the failures or jokes take heavily from their dad or uncle while the ones who made it are all working different styles, different gimmicks, different mannerisms. Using a similar move as your father is fine, I guess, but mannerisms, characters, set-ups? Come on.

Probably in the build to Summerslam or at Summerslam, I'd guess. The idea is to have Rollins and Ambrose turn on Reigns so he can start his babyface singles run.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, as a kid, I always thought HBK would have a full head of hair and Bret would have a huge bald spot because of how high up Bret's hairline was.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Honestly I wouldn't mind an amicable breakup. I don't see reason for them to feud unless it's a triple threat next WM.

God I'm going to loathe when Reigns is main eventing. You can already tell how boring he will be.

Reigns' entire moveset and persona is based off of being the hot tag guy
He's the Samoan Robert Gibson!

And Rollins is Ricky Morton.

Also I eagerly await for when Cole calls Reigns The Lone Wolf of the WWE overandoverandoveragain

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Real talk about a second season of Legends House.

I think it would be BRILLIANT to do father/son teams or mother/daughter. The drama you would get from that would be off the fuckin tank. Think about it.

Flair and his daughter
Ted DiBiase and his son (assuming he comes back for it)
Dusty and Cody
Bob and Randy Orton
Jim Neidhart and Natalya
IRS and Bo and Bray

It'd be gold Jerry, gold!

Ithil

Oh good, another Tamina
'Hey guys, I can't get over by myself so let me hit you over the head with who my dad is.'

Surprised Orton never used his arm sling as a weapon a la Bob

Not really, Charlotte for her low experience level, only about a year, is pretty good in the ring. Tamina isn't.

The legends roundtable on families dives into some of that. Sometimes your family can be a burden more than a gift.

For every rock there is an Erik watts or David samartino

jmdajr

I think it would be BRILLIANT to do father/son teams or mother/daughter. The drama you would get from that would be off the fuckin tank. Think about it.

Flair and his daughter
Dusty and Cody
Bob and Randy Orton
Jim Neidhart and Natalya
IRS and Bo and Bray

It was the number 1 show on the network right? No doubt there has to be a season 2.

Sephzilla

Does Shane McMahon count as someone who "made it"? Because he acted a lot like Vince.

Flair and his daughter
Dusty and Cody
Bob and Randy Orton
Jim Neidhart and Natalya
IRS and Bo and Bray

Yes to all of this except Neidhart and Natalya. Keep the Total Divas stank away.

Rapstah

Charlotte's family has mattered about as much so far as Orton's dad did at the peak of that gimmick. She hasn't started overdoing it yet. Or they haven't started overdoing it, I guess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does Shane McMahon count as someone who "made it"? Because he acted a lot like Vince.

Where do you see Vince in Shane? I see Stephanie as more similar to Vince. Most wrestlers have said Shane came off more like one of 'the boys' than Vince did(for good reason)

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Smack down card tonight:

- “The Great Debate” between Paul Heyman and Cesaro.

- Cesaro vs. Jack Swagger

- Natalya vs. Tamina Snuka

- Curtis Axel vs. Jey Uso

- Luke Harper & Erick Rowan vs. Goldust & Cody Rhodes

- Fandango & Layla vs. Santino Marella & Emma

- The Shield vs. 11 WWE Superstars

Wyatts vs Rhodes should be good. Hopefully they gave Cesaro vs Swagger a lot of time. Other Uso vs Ryback was surprisingly great on Main Event. Doubt this one will be though.

Fandango vs Santino for the 20th time, why why why? Boring main event that we saw already too.

Top Bottom