• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Rapstah

I won't ruin this Smackdown moment for everyone else, but...

as a non-doctor, I think the thing Cole says Bryan got from Kane's attack on Raw is a sub-category of what made Edge retire. They play it off as good news. Could have just asked the doctors for something that sounds serious enough to take a week off.

somedevil

The bodypaint gimmick would work well in WWE given he could have new, original designs all the time, and get the copyrighted ones for WM, like Mysterio.

He's back training at the Performance Center, so he should be back by the next tapings.

I love how Prince Devitt has gone quiet on twitter just retweeting merchandise of his for the fans to buy and what bodypaint gimmicks he is doing right now.

I won't ruin this Smackdown moment for everyone else, but...

as a non-doctor, I think the thing Cole says Bryan got from Kane's attack on Raw is a sub-category of what made Edge retire. They play it off as good news. Could have just asked the doctors for something that sounds serious enough to take a week off.

Spinal Stenosis or Spinal Compression? That's what Edge had

Sblargh

Banned
Oh shit! I thought you said you were ready to give up being an alcoholic.

Goddamn, stro, don't do it!

Edit: I mean, don't become an alcoholic, fuck, all kinds of communication breakdown that would be great in a bad sitcom!

Logo for the G1;

wQrGkw2.jpg

Meltzer says a lot of high-profile veteran names won't be in the tournament this year, as they want to focus on younger competitors. Also, New Japan have announced a 12th show for the G1, on August 6th. No official word on the number of participants, though.

Watched the Toru Yano DVD (with subs courtesy of yottsume) and enjoyed it, the main portion of the disc is Yano dragging Ishii, Jado & Gedo around an amusement park, then taking them to his sports bar where Yujiro cooks for them while they chat bullshit for an hour or so. The intermission is a Yano/Iizuka vs TenKoji match and it was cool to actually understand the commentary for once, while afterwards Yano, Gedo & Yano's dad provide commentary over 3 of Yano's best matches (Suzuki and Marufuji in the 2012 G1 and Okada in the 2013 NJ Cup). DVDs are a bit pricey in Japan, but if you're a Yano fan this is worth the expense.

YTR.gif

Infinite Ammo said:
I like Pac more than Devitt.

As a high flyer, I'd agree, but Devitt has infinitely more charisma and is generally a much better all-round wrestler. Both are great, though, and I'd love to see them face off in WWE one day.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I read a bunch about how 2013's G1 was unbelievably brutal and will be toned down and spread out a bit this year. I don't think they can ever top what they did in 2013, but it came at a great cost.

Logo for the G1;

wQrGkw2.jpg

Meltzer says a lot of high-profile veteran names won't be in the tournament this year, as they want to focus on younger competitors. Also, New Japan have announced a 12th show for the G1, on August 6th. No official word on the number of participants, though.

Watched the Toru Yano DVD (with subs courtesy of yottsume) and enjoyed it, the main portion of the disc is Yano dragging Ishii, Jado & Gedo around an amusement park, then taking them to his sports bar where Yujiro cooks for them while they chat bullshit for an hour or so. The intermission is a Yano/Iizuka vs TenKoji match and it was cool to actually understand the commentary for once, while afterwards Yano, Gedo & Yano's dad provide commentary over 3 of Yano's best matches (Suzuki and Marufuji in the 2012 G1 and Okada in the 2013 NJ Cup). DVDs are a bit pricey in Japan, but if you're a Yano fan this is worth the expense.

YTR.gif

As a high flyer, I'd agree, but Devitt has infinitely more charisma and is generally a much better all-round wrestler. Both are great, though, and I'd love to see them face off in WWE one day.

Logo looks awesome and good to hear about the DVD.

On a different note, someone has uploaded every single major NJPW 2013 DVD PPV release including the recap DVD and the G1 Climax (although most matches are clipped).

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Hey guys, I heard Paul Heyman's client, Brock Lesnar, conquered The Undertaker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania. Can someone confirm or deny?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do the WORK of your LIFE Stro.

Set a goal and achieve it. Then do another one. And another one. And another one.

Top Bottom