• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Sblargh

Banned
Fuck AWA stuff. The most boring old white guy style of wrestling possible outside of a few guys. What it really needs is some JCP/Mid Atlantic/Georgia/Florida stuff.

Is it too much trouble to give a summary on what varies from territory to territory in terms of style? Or link something that explains it.

Like, what makes one good and the other bad.

strobogo

Banned
AWA: Extremely dry, very basic, lots of middle aged white guys
JCP/Georgia/Mid Atlantic/Florida: Southern Wrasslin, heel champions, bloody
(W)WWF: Ethnic super baby faces, foriegn heels
Mid South/UWF: Southern Wrasslin, bloody, smash mouth, real athletic backgrounds pushed HARD
Stampede: Like the AWA, but in Canada (so even drier) and with more foreigners
Memphis: Overbooked, bloody, proto-ECW style with King as the super face and a lot of rotating monsters
WCCW: Kind of a mix of Mid South and Memphis

I have always considered JCP/Georgia/Mid Atlantic/Florida to basically be one big territory. So many of the same people and style used.

That's not always the case for all the above listed. AWA at one point had most of the WWF roster from 1984 on, so it wasn't always just old white guys, but that's what it feels like. AWA is probably the driest of all the major territories. Although Stampede was extremely Canadian.

Entropia

No One Remembers
NkLVWpe.png

Do they really? It seems a little early to put that kind of pressure on a guy who has barely been wrestling for a year.

They do it with anybody that has "the look". They've done it with Reigns, and a couple of months ago it came out that they see Mojo the same way. Good athletes that have the look they believe are those that will carry the company, despite any wrestling talent or experience they posses.

strobogo

Banned
They do it with anybody that has "the look". They've done it with Reigns, and a couple of months ago it came out that they see Mojo the same way. Good athletes that have the look they believe are those that will carry the company, despite any wrestling talent or experience they posses.

What the fuck kind of look does Mojo have?

e3371410ffmojorawley.jpg

Dean-Muhtadi-full.jpg

Face of the company right there

strobogo

Banned
I feel bad for GGG that he had to go with the half shaved head and contact for a decade. He had to look like that in normal life. In Christmas pictures. Probably wedding pictures. Why the fuck didn't he just have a fully shaved head? Why couldn't have have eyebrows? Poor guy.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I feel bad for GGG that he had to go with the half shaved head and contact for a decade. He had to look like that in normal life. In Christmas pictures. Probably wedding pictures. Why the fuck didn't he just have a fully shaved head? Why couldn't have have eyebrows? Poor guy.
Cause he was burned in a fire. His gimmick was that he was indeed burned in a fire, but it didn't do facial scarring all that badly. It just singed off his hair, and fucked up his eye. Apparently, he got some great hair pugs during this previous unmasking.

strobogo

Banned
Cause he was burned in a fire. His gimmick was that he was indeed burned in a fire, but it didn't do facial scarring all that badly. It just singed off his hair, and fucked up his eye. Apparently, he got some great hair pugs during this previous unmasking.

I thought the gimmick was changed that he was never actually burned, but mentally thought he was because Paul Bearer brainwashed him or some shit. Regardless, why wouldn't he just shave the other half of his head? It sucks because he's not a bad looking man, but all his gimmicks have made him look as ugly as possible and he had to keep it in real life.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I thought the gimmick was changed that he was never actually burned, but mentally thought he was because Paul Bearer brainwashed him or some shit. Regardless, why wouldn't he just shave the other half of his head? It sucks because he's not a bad looking man, but all his gimmicks have made him look as ugly as possible and he had to keep it in real life.
The storyline was that he was still burned in a fire, just not bad enough to cause hideous facial scars. To this day, the story is still that he was in a fire. The truth, however, is that they just wanted him to look weird, and that was the best they could come up with. If you notice, though, in 2010 for his WHC run, Kane did just shave the rest of his head.

The one thing I've always wanted him to do, however, is rock the goatee look full time. He looks a lot better with it.

kane_new_mask_original_display_image.jpg

strobogo

Banned
The storyline was that he was still burned in a fire, just not bad enough to cause hideous facial scars. To this day, the story is still that he was in a fire. The truth, however, is that they just wanted him to look weird, and that was the best they could come up with. If you notice, though, in 2010 for his WHC run, Kane did just shave the rest of his head.

The one thing I've always wanted him to do, however, is rock the goatee look full time. He looks a lot better with it.

kane_new_mask_original_display_image.jpg

"Hey Glenn, pally, shave your eye brows! God DAMN that's a heel!"

ibtGL3jG99CJbB.gif

https://31.media.tumblr.com/1a58ad312fc09b68a0b148c5b516f70b/tumblr_n4lq6j70nZ1s588h8o6_250.gif[IMG]
[IMG]https://24.media.tumblr.com/8a8fd5b0f29e9067ee232a31943fcb5f/tumblr_n4lq6j70nZ1s588h8o9_250.gif[IMG]
[IMG]https://24.media.tumblr.com/2d6039e051f0d64c313c14869b6168c5/tumblr_n4lq6j70nZ1s588h8o7_250.gif[IMG]

Well my night was made.[/QUOTE]

How do you not include the throw?
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PPJ9pkR.gif

MC Safety

Paige gave up her NXT title to Bradshaw.

I would have told Bradshaw to keep his pretty pony princess belt and continued on being the NXT champ with a real title.

What's a good WCW PPV from the late 90s or 2000s. I've been drinking, so it doesn't have to be perfect. I'd prefer it to not include David Flair.

Thanks brah. Knew you weren't racist. #IStandWithStro

Randomly started Greed 2001. So many people I don't recognize or forgot about: Kwee-Wee, Joan Jett or something, Kid Romeo, Primetime.

Lol, that one's awful, I think the dude's name was Jason Jet. WCW was in such bad shape they had to actually put that jobber in a PPV.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The three 2001 ppvs aren't that bad though it does have a ton of fuck it, throw out these indy/powerplant guys and hope we get a megastar by accident here.

that video make me sad. it shows how terrible the roster is when all 3 "updated" moves are on DB

cm punk's 2011 titantron was just him beating up john cena.

I know it's said all the time but the wwe has done an awful job at building new talent. it's sad to see orton, hhh, and batista closing raw when they have about 8+ guys who are all around better performers both in the ring and on the mic.

Top Bottom