• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

strobogo

Banned
Basically because he puts everything into the splash, so it hurts him a lot, but it hurts his opponent a lot more

Also FLOPPY FISH SELL

futuramafry.jpg

I promise. I've done it. On an Alitalia flight that was most definitely a plane from the 70s, which had brown and orange carpeting, kids running down the aisles, and I swear to god people were smoking. And then on a brand new Delta plane that had a bathroom about the size of my bathroom in my house.

You'll never get this chance again. You can poop OVER THE OCEAN. IN THE AIR. LIKE A BIRD. AN EGG CAN'T LEARN TO FLY, BUT YOU CAN.

Last night one of my bouncers asked me what I thought would happen on Smackdown with The Shield and I pretty much rattled off everything I could remember from the spoilers including Bad News Barrett escaping the beat down and he's texted me after every segment like "You were right! How did you know!"

Carnby

I just found a piece wrestling memorabilia that will either make you laugh your ass off or become green with envy. Pictures are incoming.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Naked Mideon is only like two steps of stupid decisions away from something all right. 2002 nWo X-Pac coming out with Kane's mask and nunchucks is twelve or thirteen steps away from something no one liked.

I've always had the feeling that Naked Mideon was Vince saying "Do this or you're fired lol". Well, either Vince or Patterson. In fact, come to think of it, it really does feel like more of a Patterson thing.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm quite sure Pat has much better taste in men than Mideon and would not want to see him naked.

I'm just going back to what I've heard a few guys say in shoot interviews. Basically if there's any ridiculous, absolutely fucked-up seeming gimmick, it was probably Patterson's idea.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Also, speaking of shoots, if anyone hasn't seen the Jim Cornette/Paul Bearer shoot, it's definitely a must-watch. Man, some of Bearer's stories about the Dallas Sportatorium. :lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just going back to what I've heard a few guys say in shoot interviews. Basically if there's any ridiculous, absolutely fucked-up seeming gimmick, it was probably Patterson's idea.

Eat the donut

X-Pac was still one of the better workers in the company during his reign of terror that was '98-01, so I can't join the X-Pac Sucks crowd too much.

strobogo

Banned
X-Pac was still one of the better workers in the company during his reign of terror that was '98-01, so I can't join the X-Pac Sucks crowd too much.

Yeah. He was just boring as a character, which really hadn't changed at all since his first heel turn as the 123 Kid.

Rapstah

I mean in terms of muscle mass.

He was fit as hell under those singlets he wore, you just never saw it.

He was in pretty good shape in TNA too!

X-Pac was as tall or maybe even slightly taller than HBK.

Yeah, they look comparable in photos.

WWE said:
After its thrilling and noteworthy debut last year, WWE Battleground returns in July, and this time, the big event is taking over Tampa, Fla.!

Tampa Bay Times Forum will host WWE Battleground on Sunday, July 20, and tickets are available now!

Carnby

I aquired this in 2001, from a garage sale. It was packed away for years, until today. I present to you, The Ultimate Coffee Cup:

*sorry for the low quality pictures.

DMczaf

WWE Battleground should just be WWE WAR GAMES god damn it.

Why are they sticking with it, didn't Battleground last year have one of the lowest buyrates ever?

Jeez, Vader bailed on wXw's Legends Show today - he worked an appearance at PCW here in the UK last night, but then refused to leave his hotel room to get on the plane to go to Germany. Apparently Chris Masters, Steve Corino & Terry Funk all tried and failed to convince him to leave. The meet & greet had been sold out for weeks with Vader as one of the main attractions - wXw are offering full refunds to the fans, but are out of pocket as they'd paid Vader up front.

Rapstah

WWE Battleground should just be WWE WAR GAMES god damn it.

Why are they sticking with it, didn't Battleground last year have one of the lowest buyrates ever?

I think the PPV line-up this year was settled before they even got the buy rates. Battleground was the July one for months now. It's not like it means anything, might as well be Vengeance or some other gimmick-less PPV.

Carnby

The cup only lets water and milk inside of it, not coffee or any other dark liquids.

lol. I never intended on using this cup. That's why I squirreled it away in a safe spot, only to forget that I ever owned it.

I just checked on ebay, there are two sellers currently listing this identical cup.

Edit: holy cow. The cup has a copyright date of 1990. It's a 24 year old coffee cup! lol

It really says something when even the nicest people in the business (the one that sticks out in my mind is Paul Bearer) say they hate (or hated) Sunny.

Yeah but Cornette is cool with her because she's a cunt who knows she's a cunt and doesn't pretend not to be unlike Sable.

Jeez, Vader bailed on wXw's Legends Show today - he worked an appearance at PCW here in the UK last night, but then refused to leave his hotel room to get on the plane to go to Germany. Apparently Chris Masters, Steve Corino & Terry Funk all tried and failed to convince him to leave. The meet & greet had been sold out for weeks with Vader as one of the main attractions - wXw are offering full refunds to the fans, but are out of pocket as they'd paid Vader up front.

Someone must've hurt his feelings. :(

I'm quite sure Pat has much better taste in men than Mideon and would not want to see him naked.

Well, there's that rumor that he and Steve Lombardi were a thing at one time...

strobogo

Banned
Ultimate Warrior wasn't down with the swirl?

Swirlin' doesn't make the the world work.

I actually get what he was trying to say, but he went about making his point in about the worst way possible. What he was trying to say is that gay people can't produce children together, and therefore homosexuality (queering) doesn't make the world work. He said it in a terrible way, though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I aquired this in 2001, from a garage sale. It was packed away for years, until today. I present to you, The Ultimate Coffee Cup:

*sorry for the low quality pictures.

That is dope as fuck.

I actually get what he was trying to say, but he went about making his point in about the worst way possible. What he was trying to say is that gay people can't produce children together, and therefore homosexuality (queering) doesn't make the world work. He said it in a terrible way, though.

Exactly. But that could change sometime in the not so distant future, yay science.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax

What would warrior say about people who don't want or can't have children?

Goddamnit Vader

Giving legends a bad name!

strobogo

Banned
What would warrior say about people who don't want or can't have children?

Probably something not nice. Although I think he changed his opinions and outlook on things in the last 2-3 years of his life. At least it seemed that way. Dude looked in bad shape mentally and physically during those political years.

Carnby

I also found these. Mint condition, still has the insert.

I bought them while attending my first Monday Night Raw, in 1996.

Card subject to change

Top Bottom