• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Alucard

Banned
I don't think every heel has to be a monster, but when a character's entire credibility lies on him being able to actually beat someone up, and he can't do that, it kind if loses its luster. Shaw was supposed to be a scary, psychotic creep. Now he's just some loser who lives in his mom's basement and TNA wants me to pay to see him get his ass kicked, even though I've already seen that. Not exactly compelling.

You're right. It's not very compelling, but I'm still finding it entertaining. It's kind of a bizarre dark comedy. I don't take it seriously. If I have to choose between this and WWE's Dancing Santino Emma Fandango hour for lighter fare, I'll choose this every time. Same with EC3 and Rockstar Spud. Best comedy skits in wrestling today.

You're right. It's not very compelling, but I'm still finding it entertaining. It's kind of a bizarre dark comedy. I don't take it seriously. If I have to choose between this and WWE's Dancing Santino Emma Fandango hour for lighter fare, I'll choose this every time. Same with EC3 and Rockstar Spud. Best comedy skits in wrestling today.

I agree, but the problem is that TNA's entire card is that way. Maybe entertaining, in some cases not, but not in the least compelling. Even Storm-Gunner, which I've liked a lot, has lost some steam going into what I hope is the feud-ender.

dream

Oh man, Sheiky baby and Rob Ford are going to meet and eat submarine sandwiches together.

"I want to let him know that ... it's no good to smoke crack and come on national TV," the moustachioed Sheik, whose real name is Hossein Khosrow Vaziri, said in an interview at Hot Docs.

"He's supposed to be a role model for Toronto. ... I wish I could see him to suplex him, put him in the Camel Clutch, make him humble."

http://www.vancouversun.com/enterta...ronto+mayor+Ford+plan+meet/9779878/story.html

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Fex.jpg

The only birthday present I want.

Alucard

Banned
I agree, but the problem is that TNA's entire card is that way. Maybe entertaining, in some cases not, but not in the least compelling. Even Storm-Gunner, which I've liked a lot, has lost some steam going into what I hope is the feud-ender.

I find Eric Young to be pretty compelling and attention-grabbing right now. When he's on, I want to hear what he has to say. And after his championship-winning match against Magnus and his first defense against Abyss, I want to see him wrestle. For the first time in a while, the top of the TNA card isn't something that makes me sigh with frustration.

Vylash

I find Eric Young to be pretty compelling and attention-grabbing right now. When he's on, I want to hear what he has to say. And after his championship-winning match against Magnus and his first defense against Abyss, I want to see him wrestle. For the first time in a while, the top of the TNA card isn't something that makes me sigh with frustration.

Just wait until Kenneth Cameron is your world champion

Heel

Anyone hear Roddy Piper attempt to talk about his, er, relationship with Pat Patterson in the latest Kayfabe Commentaries? Fucking hell.

Xater

That's pretty badass. How did you get the mid-air shot? String?

It's two shots I combined. Took one without Tiger Mask and then a second one with a pencil in one of his legs. Then it was trivial to just let Tiger Mask come through with a layer mask.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
spider have you tried talking to him

Let's just forget
Everything said
And everything we did
Best friends and better halves

Goodbyes
And the autumn night
When we realized
We were falling out of love

There were some things
That were said
That weren't meant
But were said

Like we never did
Not to be
Overly
Dramatic

I just think it's best
'Cause you can't miss what you forget

So let's just pretend
Everything and anything
Between you and me
Was never meant

kMjCe7yzrt-10.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's good to know that no matter how bad we look when Sunny and Bean make vague wrestling threads in OT, Pop-gaf will always be worse.

Top Bottom