• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Showaddy

I noticed that in the Adam Rose interview on NXT, his party group were all singing his old song. I guess it was all shot before they changed it?

They've basically got the rights to the song now if they want to use it and they'd be idiots not to, even if they have gone to the effort of making a knock off tune.

Can't forget Adam Rose's crowd surfing.

Imagine the selfie titantron...at WRASSLEMANIA!

Ya, right on both. Rose's is baller too, but the selfie titantron would be goddamn hilarious if it took over the Wrestlemania sign

"No I didn't!"

Breezes voice is hilarious.

This promo is PHENOMENAL. Breeze is all the goddamn money. Neville being a normal dude makes it even better

They've basically got the rights to the song now if they want to use it and they'd be idiots not to, even if they have gone to the effort of making a knock off tune.

ORLY, that got resolved?

Sblargh

Banned

Really? That's cool. Last I heard of it, the guy who did it was begging them on twitter.

strobogo

Banned
Neville needs a hair cut. Dude rocks the wrestle hair cut, but it looks terrible on him. He looks like a dweeb with the under cut pulled into a pony tail and wearing polos with basketball shorts.

DMczaf

itg6xd4OLZIKp.gif

I need the theme when I see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KrtU9scvNk

DMczaf

Adam Rose is awesome.

Tyler Breeze is awesome.

Total Divas is awesome.

War Games is awesome.

I'm sorry I'm not some snarky cynical wrasslin mark after 20 years of watching. I just like to have fun. #nomoredrama #itsentertainment #ilovethisgame

Carnby

Him and the strange obsession with War Games and Total Divas are the biggest mysteries to me.

I imagine that creative team came up with the Adam Rose gimmick at the last minute because I realized an Austin Powers gimmick might be a tad dated. So they went with a Get Him To The Greek gimmick. 2edgey4me

is that the selfie guy?

can't wait till he debuts in a crowd filled with people with actual jobs and their kids and he gets zero reaction.

Based Lambda strikes again.
iTyhbjWtwXHh9.gif

Seriously, most of the NXT gimmicks are absolute shit, and will never translate to RAW. The best wrestlers on NXT are the ones with light gimmicks, or no gimmicks at all. One of the few exceptions is Bo, and only because his gimmick is pretty much a self-parody, not the overplayed and beaten to death dancing or the "oh I'm so beautiful" gimmick that's a dime a dozen these days.

Sblargh

Banned
It's cool to have wacky characters and it's cool that they are something the infamous 18-35 demographic can relate to. Maybe with naturally fun characters like Bo, Adam Rose, Breeze, Emma, Fandango and so on, you don't actually *need* unfunny skits like the one we're getting with Emma and Santino every week (even if I don't think it is the catastrophe other people think it is).

Basically, people like them can get laughs out of a "serious" match with basically anyone, they can bring the funny and they can bring the wrassle. All we need is hope and pray that WWE won't mark a "COMEDY" stamp on them and limit them to skits.

All we need to do is bolieve.

Based Lambda strikes again.
iTyhbjWtwXHh9.gif

Seriously, most of the NXT gimmicks are absolute shit, and will never translate to RAW. The best wrestlers on NXT are the ones with light gimmicks, or no gimmicks at all. One of the few exceptions is Bo, and only because his gimmick is pretty much a self-parody, not the overplayed and beaten to death dancing or the "oh I'm so beautiful" gimmick that's a dime a dozen these days.

I'm glad Sandow is in the doghouse.

Are we the only three here that can't stand Rose, Total Divas, and War Games? Are we the last three sane people left in WrassleGAF?

...Gentleman, it seems we have inadvertently formed a stable.

Careful, not liking Total Divas apparently makes you a jaded, cynical idiot who lacks any capacity for enjoyment.

Also, agreed on all 3. Rose was better off as Kruger and War Games almost always failed to live up to the promise.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Rose would be fine if it was an actual party gimmick and they're chugging handles of vodka and snorting lines.

Instead they are fucking playing hungry hungry hippos.

Are we the only three here that can't stand Rose, Total Divas, and War Games? Are we the last three sane people left in WrassleGAF?

...Gentleman, it seems we have inadvertently formed a stable.

Rose is the guy with the fake brit accent and flat acting innit.

i'll join in.

our name shall be...

Los Perros Locos

XenoRaven

Adam Rose is awesome.

Tyler Breeze is awesome.

Total Divas is awesome.

War Games is awesome.

I'm sorry I'm not some snarky cynical wrasslin mark after 20 years of watching. I just like to have fun. #nomoredrama #itsentertainment #ilovethisgame
Yeah but do you have a real job?

Figure Four Weekly said:
Stephanie McMahon was not happy with the Raw script leaking online last week, to the point she was described as "mad enough that she could beat Ronda Rousey in a UFC fight." My understanding is that paper scripts are no longer used in the office, so the script was likely just left behind in the arena. There was even a shoe print on it, and I don't see anyone thinking "I should do that" as a misdirection. Obviously, someone COULD have printed it out and stepped on it intentionally, but that's really far-fetched.

Haha.

Top Bottom