• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Rapstah

He was booked to win to just make up for everything. As for why the name change didn't happen, probably because LA PARK didnt really give a shit and just wanted to be the number one skeleton based wrestler, which he was booked as. Also, the match itself is a Vince Russo special. I think Stro should watch it. There's massive amounts of run-ins and swerves. But storyline wise it has to do with the run-ins and Park using a piledriver and the Lucha commission saying that was BS.

Thank you!

Aiii

So not worth it
10155377_784149024929486_1153103089331311371_n.png

I often wonder how much better WWE would be if they didn't have to dedicate gimmicks and angles to John Cena. Like who would have won the WHC title to prepare for the title unification? Who would have won the Money In The Bank match to challenge Punk for the WWE title at Raw 1000 to do the Rock bs? Would Rock have still won the WWE title? Would The Nexus have had a run like The Shield has?

And boy, there are way too many examples of where Cena has been the direct cause of ruining shit on WWE.

Vylash

Can't wait for Cena to get the hell out

Also I had a dream that I was stabbed by Sgt Slaughter and he shot my girlfriend, that bastard

https://soundcloud.com/strogaf

I just uploaded a ton of random musical doodles I've done over the past 6-8 years or so. I'm not a professional and they are not professional recordings. Many of them were recorded with a Rock Band mic plugged into a lap top or PC. The majority of them are mostly improvised. Even though I've been playing guitar for over a decade, I never took lessons and can't read/write music and don't even know my scales and slip into different time signatures on accident all the time. Sound quality is rough on a lot of it. I don't really expect anyone to listen to most of it, besides maybe Sunny (and Bean, just to give me shit over them). I've had them on a hard drive for years and really only sent them out to a few people, but I thought I might as well upload them somewhere. They are rough, sound is bad on a lot of them, and there are mistakes in most of them.

The ones that sound bad were mostly done between 2007-2010ish I would guess. I don't really remember making most of them. I like to imagine most of them are like the first draft of Laser's drawings. I usually get some kind of idea stuck in my head and dick around and once it is out, I forget about it. I literally can't remember how to play 90% of the doodles.

I actually have a lot more than that and as I've gone back and listened to all the things I've played and forgotten, I wish I was pro level because I think maybe 1 out of 6 doodles has something pretty decent in it. I might have to start a second SC account to upload everything I have.

If I was a real musician, my ultimate goal would be to combine Paul McCartney, Oasis (mostly Noel), GNR, and NIN into one sound. But I'm not a real musician. I'm a blue belt at best.

i have a couple of really raw "viking" metal demos online:

https://soundcloud.com/z-carlos-10/prose-edda-02-ravens-carry-the
https://soundcloud.com/z-carlos-10/...-with?in=z-carlos-10/sets/prose-edda-tales-ep

Striker

Getting the titles really for nothing else stands out. Notably recently when he lost to Bryan at SummerSlam, returns to face ADR for no reason and cleans him out (good way to build a heel, not like they lack those). Or when Punk did his one week absence in 2011 after the MitB PPV, they did a tournament to call for a new WWE champion, and he won that handily over Rey.

Rapstah

Wade Barrett is doing a little better right now than he has for a couple of years. Daniel Bryan is main eventing stuff. Darren Young is never going to be anything, especially with his current injury, but maybe he wasn't going to be anything anyway. Skip Sheffield is doing okay and his failure or success as a main eventer has very little to do with his Nexus run. Michael Tarver left in 2011, but who cares. Justin Gabriel is fucked, but probably didn't really stand a chance anyway, and might not even have had a main roster run without the Nexus. Heath Slater is way better at what he does right now than what he was when he was a more serious character. David Otunga wasn't going anywhere. Husky Harris is going to main event stuff. Michael McGillicutty had a shot as a new character and fucked up anyway (although a lot of people love him backstage for reasons no one really understands). Mason Ryan is fucked.

So overall the only people really hurt by the Nexus storyline falling apart were Mason Ryan, Darren Young and maybe Justin Gabriel.

This doesn't mean the storyline itself didn't suck as it happened, though.

Striker

They could have easily swapped in guys and replaced them, namely guys like Otunga and Gabriel who weren't really suited for those roles. Gabriel had a babyface look and moveset, so he was destined to part ways. Otunga's role really isn't in wresting, but out of the ring type of work. By properly building them up, giving them a proper tag team, enforcer, and so forth, it would have done many of the members better than what they've had for the past few years. And if so, they could have brought guys up from NXT. Barrett was perfect in that role of being a mouthpiece and really didn't do anything except be stuck in midcard hell trading meaningless titles back and forth with Kofi and Miz.

Rapstah

What a weird moment in the Edge documentary. They act like Edge's first promo on that Smackdown pilot was the moment where everyone could tell he was going to be a star and Mick Foley claims he came up to him afterwards and said that... but that's a fucking terrible promo. It's the "beware... take care..." one and the crowd goes quiet out of indirect shame of Edge's shaky voice.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What always irks me about Wade is that he has a striking finisher yet his strikes suck. Sure, Dolph made it look awesome the other week, but it's Dolph.

Yep, for such a 'legit' brawler, he looks weak as fuck. Combine that with the fact that he's got no bulk, he looks like a joke. And why would a 'tough guy brawler' wear a fucking cape? Bad News Brown came out in plain black tights and wore no flair because the whole point was that he wasn't doing all the flashy wrestling shit.

Wade comes out in his special made trunks and his fucking cape.

gurudyne

Getting the titles really for nothing else stands out. Notably recently when he lost to Bryan at SummerSlam, returns to face ADR for no reason and cleans him out (good way to build a heel, not like they lack those). Or when Punk did his one week absence in 2011 after the MitB PPV, they did a tournament to call for a new WWE champion, and he won that handily over Rey.

Actually, Cena wasn't in that tourney. Rey won the tourney (in first match of the night on the second RAW after MITB), then fought off a cash in attempt by ADR, then HHH told him he'd have a second match against Cena for the title that night. It was clearly a rush to get that Cena-Punk faceoff at the end of the night, but it's still bad writing because it makes Cena look like an undeserving blowhard which clearly wasn't the point. That and it rushed the payoff to Punk leaving, which also sucked.

Yep, for such a 'legit' brawler, he looks weak as fuck. Combine that with the fact that he's got no bulk, he looks like a joke. And why would a 'tough guy brawler' wear a fucking cape? Bad News Brown came out in plain black tights and wore no flair because the whole point was that he wasn't doing all the flashy wrestling shit.

Wade comes out in his special made trunks and his fucking cape.

He also has a special podium built so he can troll the entire audience for no reason. Besides, a straight tough-guy gimmick is taken by Brock Lesnar. Wade's gimmick is two steps closer to typical wrestling gimmicks than that, he just uses strikes. Or a strike.

Why oh why did I subscribe to the WWE Network?

I'd rather have 20 Jack in the Box tacos a month instead (it'd actually be 38 tacos because I do the surveys on the receipt for free tacos, that's hard times, daddy!)

I've never eaten at Jack in the Box, bean breath. Are their tacos better than taco bell?
No. They're deep fried and the "meat" is the consistency of paste.

-BUT

They're two for 99¢. I think Taco Bell charges upwards of $1.30 for one taco. When you're broke and hungry, JITB tacos are like a gift from God.

Carnby

What a weird moment in the Edge documentary. They act like Edge's first promo on that Smackdown pilot was the moment where everyone could tell he was going to be a star and Mick Foley claims he came up to him afterwards and said that... but that's a fucking terrible promo. It's the "beware... take care..." one and the crowd goes quiet out of indirect shame of Edge's shaky voice.

From what Mic said on a Round Table episode, they didn't plan for Edge to do a promo. Doc was interviewing Gangrel, and it was going so bad that Doc asked if Christian and Edge had anything to add. Christian refused the mic, but Edge did his best to cut a impromptu promo.

Rapstah

Pretty standard Mexican fair. Deep frying tortillas is how you get Doritos, perro.

I don't get Doritos.

I stay Doritos.

From what Mic said on a Round Table episode, they didn't plan for Edge to do a promo. Doc was interviewing Gangrel, and it was going so bad that Doc asked if Christian and Edge had anything to add. Christian refused the mic, but Edge did his best to cut a impromptu promo.
It was a stupid idea to expect a pretty average talker to cut a promo with plastic fake vampire teeth.

Top Bottom