• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Stealing BOs gimmick

bo-rotundo-rotundolg12-1328909309.jpg

somedevil

The Law's TNA Sacrifice preview:

http://fightnetwork.com/news/47032:the-laws-tna-sacrifice-preview/

Man, you can feel Jason Agnew hatred through the screen. With stuff like this:

KURT ANGLE & WILLOW VS EC3 & ROCKSTAR SPUD

Dan “The Mouth” Lovranski
Obviously Angle and Willow will go over here because Carter and Spud have become complete comedy characters and for them to win this match would be ridiculous. Wait a minute, this is TNA. Spud pins Angle to win!

Jason Agnew
Winners: Wrestlecrap

Losers: Everyone who was dumb enough to buy this PPV

John Pollock
Angle & Willow win, poor use of everyone involved on many levels. Ethan has tremendous upside but this match feels like a throwaway. It probably helps Angle to be in a tag match as opposed to putting on a singles match given his knee problems and whatever else is going on in his body. The Willow character and idea hasn’t worked in any sense since he was brought back and just feels like a waste of one of your top stars.

BOTAAAY STAN HANSEN ON THE ROSS REPORT!!!!!

]In the upcoming weeks guests who will be appearing on the Ross Report include: ESPN's Michelle Beadle, Lance Storm, MVP, Sting, Eric Bischoff and Ted DiBiase, Tony Schiavone and Cowboy Bill Watts, among others including Stan Hansen

Sting, Bill watts!, million dollar man!

JR bringing the goods!

I said gimmick reboot! Like what if Nolan rebooted Doink? Actually, just get Nolan to reboot New Generation characters. I want to see Nolan's Mantaur, Crush, and Adam Bomb.

Vince, make the call. Nolanverse WWE!

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me bruddah.

Carnby

Edge's doc on the network is really good.

It was refreshing to see another WWE Superstar call out the bookers for their "cena wins lol" booking. He was legit shook from loosing his first WWE title to Cena only three weeks later after winning it with the first MITB cash in.

DMczaf

It was refreshing to see another WWE Superstar call out the bookers for their "cena wins lol" booking. He was legit shook from loosing his first WWE title to Cena only three weeks later after winning it with the first MITB cash in.

I can't wait for the shoot interviews in 5-10 years from the Cena Era.

At the end of the day, Cena wins.

lol.

It was bullshit especially because the TV ratings immediately skyrocketed with Edge as the champion. The night him and Lita did the sex in the ring thing, it was a full point ahead of the last week. Everyone thought it was just because of the sex gimmick, but the ratings for the next two weeks were even higher. People were definitely tuning in to watch Edge as the champ. Then they immediately stuck the belt back on Cena and the ratings went back to where they were. Fucking dumb decision.

Carnby

It was bullshit especially because the TV ratings immediately skyrocketed with Edge as the champion. The night him and Lita did the sex in the ring thing, it was a full point ahead of the last week. Everyone thought it was just because of the sex gimmick, but the ratings for the next two weeks were even higher. People were definitely tuning in to watch Edge as the champ. Then they immediately stuck the belt back on Cena and the ratings went back to where they were. Fucking dumb decision.

I wasn't watching WWE when this happened, but what you described sounds familiar. Where have I seen that before?

For 344 days Dean Ambrose has held on to the WWE United States Championship.
The last man with the longest running reign in WWE History was Mr. 305, the half-man/half-amazing MVP.
Overall, Ambrose reign has surpassed that of Cesaro, Stunning Steve Austin, Shelton Benjamin and the Nature Boy Ric Flair.
If Ambrose holds on to the title until the first of June he would have passed the 378 day reign of Ravishing Rick Rude.
If Ambrose somehow holds on to the title past October 23, 2014 he will surpass the 523 day reign of Lex Luger. Then he would be THE LONGEST REIGNING UNITED STATES CHAMPION OF ALL TIME.

Adam Rose new theme is such a downgrade, spend that network money get that theme Vince.

Also Phil needs to come back to work he can't afford/get front row seats anymore

tumblr_n4p5bv38UF1ty5iyio1_500.jpg

The JR podcast seems like something I would dip into when the guest is good. Just like Colt Cabanas show. Wouldnt want to listen to it weekly but if someone great is on I am there. Actually thats kind of how I view all these wrestling podcasts.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think he comes off as unnecessarily unlikable. He's even working from a position of goodwill and that quickly diminishes. I only stuck around for a couple of episodes.

Agreed, he is very condescending towards the smart fans, which is literally his entire target audience. Gets annoying very quickly.

kirblar

Agreed, he is very condescending towards the smart fans, which is literally his entire target audience. Gets annoying very quickly.
I remember an anecdote from years ago about him being a great public figure, but was annoying to talk to behind the scenes. Would line up with that.

After listening to Heyman on Stone Cold, I went back and listened to Cornette's and their philosophies about staying current is pretty staggering in how different they are. Heyman is so smart and progressive. He surrounds himself with young people, social networking, and technology. While Cornette is old man talking at a cloud about howdaya use the Tweeter, also let me tell you only about 20-25 yrs ago when I was relevant.

Aiii

So not worth it
After listening to Heyman on Stone Cold, I went back and listened to Cornette's and their philosophies about staying current is pretty staggering in how different they are. Heyman is so smart and progressive. He surrounds himself with young people, social networking, and technology. While Cornette is old man talking at a cloud about howdaya use the Tweeter, also let me tell you only about 20-25 yrs ago when I was relevant.

Cloud you say? So Cornette is Major Nelson and Heyman is Cerny, amirite Sunny?

Top Bottom