• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Were they bright enough to keep crowd gimmicks confined to a particular wrestler's segment, instead of interjecting themselves into every possible moment?

I feel like the modern fan has been coddled and told it's "all about you!" to the point where they think they're a part of the show. We need to go back.

I bet you must have really liked it that one time when TNA told their fans who they should cheer before an Impact in 2010.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yknow I think it's time to watch Hell in a Cell.

Were they bright enough to keep crowd gimmicks confined to a particular wrestler's segment, instead of interjecting themselves into every possible moment?

I feel like the modern fan has been coddled and told it's "all about you!" to the point where they think they're a part of the show. We need to go back.

reminds of the cunts booing Mysterio in the... i wanna say Rumble.

what the fuck did Rey do to them to deserve boos? oh right, he's not Bryan.

hey there's a decent match going, let's chant "JBL" or "CM Punk".

What about this?

iwtjA6ItSBMqL.gif

I think cowboy hat Macho was my least favorite... I even liked WCW slicked back hair Macho better than cowboy hat.

DMczaf

reminds of the cunts booing Mysterio in the... i wanna say Rumble.

what the fuck did Rey do to them to deserve boos? oh right, he's not Bryan.

hey there's a decent match going, let's chant "JBL" or "CM Punk".

No, he was also booed because it's Rey fucking Mysterio at #30 in 2014.

Sblargh

Banned
It's not all about me, but it's a lot about us. We're a community, the revolution is here, the power structure is more horizontal now. They can't tell us who to like.
Booking these days must be a nightmare, but the drama happens at a whole new level.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

What interesting contrast to your Team Negative posting. I'm on to you, friend.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

The WWE universe shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much they know about wrassle culture(I'm an expert), but motherfuckers it's not about them. It's not like it is in the Indies where you can become successful by flipping around like an asshole. If you cheer for someone in the WWE, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the viewing public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Daniel Bryan merch for any household, nor will they view any of Bryan's headlining special events. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but the WWE Universe has alienated an entire market with this move.

WWE Universe, publicly apologize and cease cheering for Daniel Bryan or you can kiss this business™ goodbye.

I don't know how much they know about wrassle culture(I'm an expert), but motherfuckers it's not about them. It's not like it is in the Indies where you can become successful by flipping around like an asshole. If you cheer for someone in the WWE, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the viewing public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Daniel Bryan merch for any household, nor will they view any of Bryan's headlining special events. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but the WWE Universe has alienated an entire market with this move.

WWE Universe, publicly apologize and cease cheering for Daniel Bryan or you can kiss this business™ goodbye.

Nice ™ addition.

Heel

PIkprkZ.gif

Ithil

Maybe they should go on a morning talk show to apologize.

yet if he came out at any other number than 30 he'd get cheered.

it's just smarks being cunts.

I like how whenever anybody hears the fans do something they disagree with suddenly the entire audience becomes smarks/marks? Anyway I'm sure everybody in the ring knew the crowd was booing the lack of Bryan and not Mysterio. Also calling people cunts for speaking out when they don't get what they want when you're constantly complaining that matches don't go down like they would in UFC.

BHZ Mayor

Boohoo. Gastista isn't the champion. And it kinda is all about us. We're the ones watching and paying for the product.

Deal with it.

Edit: Seriously though, are y'all for real? Are y'all seriously mad that the crowd rejected the idea of the guy that can't even hold his fist up without getting tired being champ?

strobogo

Banned
Sometimes, the smark crowds ARE cunts. Like the ones who chanted Husky Harris for Bray. But other times they are awesome, like when they started chanting BOO TISTA.

Also calling people cunts for speaking out when they don't get what they want when you're constantly complaining that matches don't go down like they would in UFC.

are you trying to compare fighters being awarded awful, often logic defying decision wins that propel their career (and can cost others theirs) vs marks throwing a hissy fit cause the guy that wasn't booked to be on the Rumble wasn't on the Rumble?

that's some fuckin reaching right there.

Heel

Sounds like we're talking to people who hum Fandango's theme during a Big E match, LP. Could be a little over their heads.

are you trying to compare fighters being awarded awful, often logic defying decision wins that propel their career (and can cost others theirs) vs marks throwing a hissy fit cause the guy that wasn't booked to be on the Rumble wasn't on the Rumble?

that's some fuckin reaching right there.

They're professional wrestlers, they work together in the ring in the same capacity of a dancer and their partner, they're not fighters. Wins are decided by storylines, popularity, merch sales, or whatever makes them what to push certain talent that month not by who's the best fighter. People are aloud to cheer/boo what they like and don't like, when an entire crowd is doing the same thing it's utterly ridiculous to blame it on marks (who were smarks in your last post.)

The only reaching I'm doing right now is trying to work out why I'm arguing with a gimmick poster.

Rey's remaining highlight these days is the unintentional entertainment that comes with his follow up to the 619 of collapsing off the turnbuckle or ropes for the worlds softest splash, it's funny and then kinda sad.
Oh and he still has his screams of terror of course, can't take that away from him.

Heel

Cheering and booing is acceptable crowd behavior. Sure, you paid and have every right to do as you please. I still reserve the right to believe the current crowd culture is unbelievably stupid e.g. passing out "chant missions" at shows.

Sokantish

hijack RAW was a failure Heel, they got almost no one to go along with them. Sure there are some dumb fans but you can say that with anything

They're professional wrestlers, they work together in the ring in the same capacity of a dancer and their partner, they're not fighters. Wins are decided by storylines, popularity, merch sales, or whatever makes them what to push certain talent that month not by who's the best fighter. People are aloud to cheer/boo what they like and don't like, when an entire crowd is doing the same thing it's utterly ridiculous to blame it on marks (who were smarks in your last post.)

of course people are allowed to boo and cheer for who they want.

but when the boo and cheers only purpose is to put themselves over then it's a shit crowd. and there's a lot of shit crowds nowadays.

you never heard Goldberg chants during cruiser matches in 1998 WCW.

you never heard Rock chants during a Hardy Boys tag match in 2000 WWF.

these cunts bring the show down chanting JBL and Jerry, Jerry just for the chance that the camera man might acknowledge them and they can post a screencap on Facebook and Twitter telling all their mates "hey look, i was chanting in the crowd for JBL during Sheamus match. LOL!!!". everyone wants to be a fuckin star, everyone wants to go online and not read about how good the show was but how awesome and "smarky" the crowd they were in was. that's fuckin awful.

and smark and mark are interchangeable, they're all "it's still real to me dammit" as you often prove by stalking the shit out of people who even mention the word mark.

The only reaching I'm doing right now is trying to work out why I'm arguing with a gimmick poster.

legit curious to know what my gimmick is.

WWE passes out Cesaro Section and YES signs at shows, so hey they actually encourage it often. Just watch UFC or something if you don't like it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Don't let me catch you chanting "You've still got it!" after a particularly inspiring Herb Dean stoppage, friend.

Better believe I'm going to hijack the next UFC in Chicago with chants about increasing fighter pay, friend.

of course people are allowed to boo and cheer for who they want.

but when the boo and cheers only purpose is to put themselves over than it's a shit crowd. and there's a lot of shit crowds nowdays.

you never heard Goldberg chants during cruiser matches in 1998 WCW.

you never heard Rock chants during a Hardy Boys tag match in 2000 WWF.

these cunts bring the show down chanting JBL and Jerry, Jerry just for the chance that the camera man might acknowledge them and they can post a screencap on Facebook and Twiiter telling all their mates "hey look, i was chanting in the crowd for JBL during Sheamus match. LOL!!!". everyone wants to be a fuckin star, everyone wants to go online and not read about how good the show was but how awesome and "smarky" the crowd they were in was. that's fuckin awful.

and smark and mark are interchangeable, they're all "it's still real to me dammit" as you often prove by stalking the shit out of people who even mention the word mark.

legit curious to know what my gimmick is.

When the audience decides who's over or not, that's not the audience's fault, that's on WWE for failing to meet the standards of entertainment when someone they hate is getting a main event face push. This is fucking wrestling not Mass Effect 3.

Notice all the people who shit on Bryan's looks are MMA fans who are used to the shaved bald tattooed look that everyone but them hates.

But I will agree that chanting JBL is benefiting no one. So are the CM Punk chants.

When the audience decides who's over or not, that's not the audience's fault, that's on WWE for failing to meet the standards of entertainment when someone they hate is getting a main event face push. This is fucking wrestling not Mass Effect 3.

Notice all the people who shit on Bryan's looks are MMA fans who are used to the shaved bald tattooed look that everyone but them hates.

But I will agree that chanting JBL is benefiting no one. So are the CM Punk chants.

i don't know a single MMA fan who digs the bald head + tribal tatoo look.

we even call them CAFs.

Top Bottom