• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

that only tells me the crowd wants to be talked about and get props on live TV by JBL or Cole.

if you like you cheer. if you hate you boo. if you don't care you don't say anything.

It tells you they're not interested in the match at all, hence you never hear those chants during entertaining matches. It's a matter of Occam's razor and not some convoluted theory about how people are only doing it get hear the commentary team talk about them. Did the crowd chant Justin Robert's because they expected him to announce them all?

popping for Sheamus when he enters, chanting unrelated stuff during the match and then popping Del Rio when he wins tells me, and the people in the back, absolutely nothing.

Corpus Christi let me knows what they think of those matches better than Chicago.

Assuming what you said was accurate then it tells your something like this:

Some of us like Sheamus so let's cheer him > Wait, this match is really boring and we've seen it before > Woo! The match is finally over or one move/sequence got them back into the match.

It doesn't seem too hard to figure out.

Whether you like it or hate it, you have to admit it elicits a strong reaction within you and that in and of itself is pretty great.

You know what else is pretty great? People thinking TNA will still be around at the end of this decade.

OFahS.gif

It tells you they're not interested in the match at all, hence you never hear those chants during entertaining matches. It's a matter of Occam's razor and not some convoluted theory about how people are only doing it get hear the commentary team talk about them. Did the crowd chant Justin Robert's because they expected him to announce them all?

Assuming what you said was accurate then it tells your something like this:

Some of us like Sheamus so let's cheer him > Wait, this match is really boring and we've seen it before > Woo! The match is finally over or one move/sequence got them back into the match.

It doesn't seem too hard to figure out.

Be careful man. Bean will get mad that you are having a disagreement with someone.

OMERTA folks
The heck do you think I'm doing? I'm airing my grievances out in the thread instead of the proper channels that would get me guaranteed results.

Let's make this perfectly clear, you are all here for my amusement. When this thread is humming along like a well oiled machine, it requires little to no involvement from myself. I can open up the thread and let it entertainment me for minutes or hours on end. But every once in a while it turns into the drizzling shits and I have to gently prod it to get it going again.

gurudyne

WCW lasted 13 years.

TNA is on year 12.

Wasn't WCW the evolution of some longer-standing wrestling promotion in the south, whereas TNA sprang up overnight? Still, it's be a more impressive statistic if TNA's highs matched WCW's highs instead of just matching its lows.

The heck do you think I'm doing? I'm airing my grievances out in the thread instead of the proper channels that would get me guaranteed results.

Let's make this perfectly clear, you are all here for my amusement. When this thread is humming along like a well oiled machine, it requires little to no involvement from myself. I can open up the thread and let it entertainment me for minutes or hours on end. But every once in a while it turns into the drizzling shits and I have to gently prod it to get it going again.

I just don't appreciate you coming in here and singling me out. I don't argue for the sake of it, I only do when I feel like my input is valuable and relevant to the conversation. If that bothers you, well then I apologize but I'm not going to stop doing it.

This thread bores me. At what point did WWE's PR team take over? Can't talk shit without the same 3-5 people running damage control as though our posts are somehow influencing the stock price.

The only interesting thing I read in the last 4 pages was that a Japanese lady washed Bret Hart's body with her pussy. Thank you, Alucard. Your post gave me the strength to slog through page after page of shit.

Does WWE dot com have an official forum for you toolboxes to eff off to? Somewhere you won't be bothered by our contrarian gimmick posting?

I've been noticing the same thing lately. Bunch of Aiii clones making the thread a slog to go through.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Why would I do that? Those were the 2 best (aka only good) years the company ever had.

It was a joke about how people have been saying that same thing for years yet here we are!

Also, you are half right, I think between 2004 and 2008 , TNA was undoubtedly better than WWE. I still enjoy their earlier $10 PPV era shows as well.

strobogo

Banned
Wasn't WCW the evolution of some longer-standing wrestling promotion in the south, whereas TNA sprang up overnight? Still, it's be a more impressive statistic if TNA's highs matched WCW's highs instead of just matching its lows.

WCW > TNA is almost the same as JCP >WCW.

JavyOO7

TNA's high was Joe vs Angle in that MMA-style fight. Its why if TNA closes down its doors that I hope WWE buys their tape library. I can replay that fight over and over in wonderful quality instead of the sometimes iffy quality on youtube/dailymotion/etc.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TNA's high was Joe vs Angle in that MMA-style fight. Its why if TNA closes down its doors that I hope WWE buys their tape library. I can replay that fight over and over in wonderful quality instead of the sometimes iffy quality on youtube/dailymotion/etc.

Double J's MMA fighting kids is the pinnacle of TNA.

Yo, TNA was good from 2004-2007

Didn't 2004 have depressing Savage? 2005 had Phi Delta Slam, and Candido's death which they followed up by not paying Sunny (the first time they didn't pay people which they liked so much they kept it up nearly a decade later!).

I'll concede 2006 because Serotonin was alright and that was the year Samoa Joe debuted. But the few bad times that year were really fucking bad, what with Eric Young beating Traci in a bikini contest, and Abyss winning the world title by DQ. 2007 was great.

gurudyne

When this thread draws a line in the sand, it does so quickly. Didn't even take a page to go from first blood to demonizing the other side. No interesting shows on this weekend?

When this thread draws a line in the sand, it does so quickly. Didn't even take a page to go from first blood to demonizing the other side. No interesting shows on this weekend?

SHINE show was great last night. There's a UFC card tonight that's pretty good. And NJPW had Road to Dontaku earlier I think. So there's a little bit going on.

This is all building up the big tornado tag match at Summerslam for the kings of WrasslinGAF

the contrarian gimmicky poster squad(Bionic-Arm, bean breath, Lambda Piscium, Sunflower, Heel) vs the uber-postive post-constantly watch everything on WWE network team (Aiii, swerenewarfare, Dr Duncan Steel, Sblargh)

Plywood as special guest ref

Stro and Fallingedge on english commentary

Nocturnowl and some other jobber at the commentator table that gets destroyed first

This is all building up the big tornado tag match at Summerslam for the kings of WrasslinGAF

the contrarian gimmicky poster squad(Bionic-Arm, bean breath, Lambda Piscium, Sunflower, Heel) vs the uber-postive post-constantly watch everything on WWE network team (Aiii, swerenewarfare, Dr Duncan Steel, Sblargh)

Nocturnowl and some other jobber at the commentator table that gets destroyed first

Am I fucking going over?

sim it on Fire Pro.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

Can I be special guest ring announcer, where I cut a promo and get tombstoned by SoulPlaya?

ViewtifulJC, I recall you quitting this thread in spectacular drama queen fashion and taking your talents down to White Comics GAF. I'm on my phone so I can't scrub through your post history to confirm whether this is true or not but at any rate, welcome back.

Sblargh

Banned

As long as I can steal Bayley's gimmick and use hugs for my moveset.

This seems like the equivalent of PG era WWE. Where's our Daniel Bryan/Cesaro?

ViewtifulJC, I recall you quitting this thread in spectacular drama queen fashion and taking your talents down to White Comics GAF. I'm on my phone so I can't scrub through your post history to confirm whether this is true or not but at any rate, welcome back.

He always does the "I'm too good for this thread" bit, then ends up coming a few months later like nothing happened.

TL21xx

Banned

I'll take commentary, but I need a blazer and double pay.

punkindianstyle268.jpg

Top Bottom