• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Why would TNA put one of their biggest stars (in terms of casual fans) under a mask and rename him. Any chance of some random wrestling fan buying/watching anything TNA because they go "Wow! Jeff Hardy! I remember him." is completely lost.

They acknowledge that it's Hardy. And it wasn't TNA's decision, it's Jeff's dumb little character he made up when he was 16 and never let it die off completely in his mind, so when TNA wanted to keep him around for this year (this is his last year on his contract, it's done in February) he said "only if I can do it as my dumb little character". Of course they said yes, because they couldn't lose Sting, AJ, and Jeff in the span of under 2 months.

TNA gave me a PPV on my birthday because Trixie cares
Where are the rest of my gifts? Bionic promised me the Gatchaman blu-ray.

I have no idea what Gatchaman is, and I never promised you it.

I can try to give you gfex to make up for it if you want though. I'll have to wade through that Jessica Nigri thread, so you better appreciate it!

I said gimmick reboot! Like what if Nolan rebooted Doink? Actually, just get Nolan to reboot New Generation characters. I want to see Nolan's Mantaur, Crush, and Adam Bomb.

Vince, make the call. Nolanverse WWE!

But we already have Dean Ambrose.

Adam Rose new theme is such a downgrade, spend that network money get that theme Vince.

Also Phil needs to come back to work he can't afford/get front row seats anymore

tumblr_n4p5bv38UF1ty5iyio1_500.jpg

Already addressed, St. Louis don't give none them front row seats to Chicago city folk.

Aiii

So not worth it
They acknowledge that it's Hardy. And it wasn't TNA's decision, it's Jeff's dumb little character he made up when he was 16 and never let it die off completely in his mind, so when TNA wanted to keep him around for this year (this is his last year on his contract) he said "only if I can do it as my dumb little character". Of course they said yes, because they couldn't lose Sting, AJ, and Jeff in the span of under 2 months.

If WWE wanted Jeff back he would be gone in a heartbeat, but since they won't touch Jeff he is as much dependent on TNA than they are on him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Triple H wants everybody for legends deals. I mean, he got Bruno FFS. Which you could tell it was personal rather than business because, let's be honest, what WWE viewer gives a shit about Bruno at this point? What potential DVD market exists? At most, you could do a documentary on that era but not just full of Bruno matches. They signed Larry Z last year to one as well

WWE is just waiting for Cesaro to turn the US Title into the European Championship and then challenge anyone in the back to stop him. Cue Angle's music. Cue Cesaro literally decapitating Angle with a European uppercut.

strobogo

Banned
Is rap/hip hop the genre with the worst live translation? The songs never ever sound anywhere as good live. Even something as dope as Regulate doesn't sound good live.

Marvel

could never
I just want to hear Angles music hit ant to experience the "You Suck" chants one last time. He doesn't have to wrestle.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Another unpopular but completely correct Dragonzord opinion, Angle's ECW Medal remixed theme was better than his original.

Showaddy

Is the guy that paints himself as Venom is rumoured to be signing with WWE?

Been rumoured for a couple of years now, he's just left a pretty sweet spot in New Japan though so it's looking pretty likely. Also JR randomly tweeted last night that he thought his gimmick was great and should be left alone, didn't specify by who though...

Oh yeah he did Darth Maul tonight and just dropped the ICW belt he was holding.

somedevil

Been rumoured for a couple of years now. He's just left a pretty sweet spot in New Japan though so it's looking pretty likely. JR randomly tweeted last night that he thought his gimmick was great and should be left alone, didn't specify by who though...

He dropped the title? That means he is up to something. He has indies through the end of May so if goes it won't be to June.

Showaddy

He dropped the title? That means he is up to something. He has indies through the end of May so if goes it won't be to June.

Yeah he's absolutely cramming the bookings in at the moment, this way his 3rd show in 3 nights. It's definitely got a farewell tour feel about it.

Carnby

Been rumoured for a couple of years now, he's just left a pretty sweet spot in New Japan though so it's looking pretty likely. Also JR randomly tweeted last night that he thought his gimmick was great and should be left alone, didn't specify by who though...

Could he legally keep the gimmick? CM Punk's Pepsi and Cobra tattoos are always removed from promotional material. How could WWE market a guy painted like Spider Man if they can't even promote him in pictures?

Showaddy

Could he legally keep the gimmick? CM Punk's Pepsi and Cobra tattoos are always removed from promotional material. How could WWE market a guy painted like Spider Man if they can't even promote him in pictures?

I doubt he'll bring it up, it's mostly just a cool look he uses for his Indy bookings. Bar a couple of special shows recently he uses his Rock N Rolla gimmick for his New Japan work.

Sblargh

Banned
Triple H wants everybody for legends deals. I mean, he got Bruno FFS. Which you could tell it was personal rather than business because, let's be honest, what WWE viewer gives a shit about Bruno at this point? What potential DVD market exists? At most, you could do a documentary on that era but not just full of Bruno matches. They signed Larry Z last year to one as well

Which could be, you know, the kindness of their heart. They have a fuckload of money, they don't need a fuckload of money, a bunch of wrestlers just doesn't make it in the real world after retirement.

I think the general message they want to send is "work hard, pay your dues, don't fuck it up, when you retire, you'll still get a paycheck", which is a damn good message to send.

Also, you know, they have legends house and roundtable fodder for life.

After listening to Heyman on Stone Cold, I went back and listened to Cornette's and their philosophies about staying current is pretty staggering in how different they are. Heyman is so smart and progressive. He surrounds himself with young people, social networking, and technology. While Cornette is old man talking at a cloud about howdaya use the Tweeter, also let me tell you only about 20-25 yrs ago when I was relevant.

www.heymanhustle.com

#HustleBootyTempTats

Top Bottom