• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Carnby

Anyone know the story of how he befriended Bischoff? I like to picture him as being like Wayne in real life.

From the trivia section on Jason Hervey's IMDB page.

His godfather is professional wrestler Terry Funk.

and from his Bio

After 6 seasons and 29 Emmy Nominations for "The Wonder Years", Jason partnered with former Sony of America CEO Peter Guber in Mandalay Sports Action Entertainment,(MSAE). While at Mandalay Jason spearheaded a partnership with Time Warner's "World Championship Wrestling" (WCW) which yielded 17 original productions in television, home video and Pay Per View, an original soundtrack with Tommy Boy records and 4 television movies for TBS and TNT including one of the highest rated TV movies in the history of basic cable in which Jason was the original creator. After more than 5 years at Mandalay and growing that division, Jason had a short lived stint as a Chief Marketing Officer at a Fortune 500 company. Jason then returned to his roots in the entertainment business by partnering with long time friend, colleague and former President of Time Warners "World Championship Wrestling" (WCW) Eric Bischoff to form Bischoff Hervey Entertainment (BHE TV, LLC) Bischoff Hervey Entertainment specializes in content creation and production for various broadcast outlets, licensing and merchandising and innovative brand integration solutions.

GOOD GUYS SHIELD ROLLINS AND REIGNS

BmQ0206CMAArIk_.jpg
Ambrose looks like he's 3 seconds away from a heel turn.

Cornette has a co-host on 'The Experience' that sounds like your high school English teacher or a librarian talking about The Business. It's the strangest thing.

UFC going after Gifs

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.frame&thread=1832333

The UFC has asked, with respect, and firmly, that we not allow animated gifs of the action at UFC 172. So please do not post them or post links to same, or request same.

I love animated gifs, and have for as long as I can remember. I assume that you love them too. However, I don't own the content, ZUFFA does.

Whether or not animated GIFs fall under fair use is apparently a grey area. I do not have the financial means to determine in court whether they do or not.

But more importantly, I have always tried to respect and protect copyright in the MMA space. It started with tape trading, back in 1998. It has never been popular. It is not popular now. I have always thought it was right to honor requests about other people's content.

I know that people who post animated gifs are not doing so to make a killing, and are just trying to share compelling content with a community of fellow devotees. However, the content is owned by ZUFFA, not us, and they have made the determination that posting animated gifs is not in their best interests.

They are smart enough to create content that we find compelling, so I believe they are smart enough to know enough about their business to do what is right for it.

We are under a microscope here, both tonight and tomorrow, so please do not post animated gifs of UFC 172, or links to same.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+
WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-
Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
WrestleMania IV - C
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Survivor Series '88 - D
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B
Royal Rumble '89 - F
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+
Royal Rumble '90 - D+
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-
Royal Rumble '91 - D+
WrestleWar '91 - C+

Thank Jesus for the women's tag match, Hansen vs. Vader, and the wild main event.

JavyOO7

In The Big Event, Ricky Steamboat came out with the theme music I'm more familiar with. His WM3 theme is obviously over dubbed to something different. Hopefully they change that later, his entrance loses a little luster without that theme.

It's almost shocking to me that Axl DIDN'T have Trent produce some stuff with him.
It's not at all shocking to me that Axl didn't work with Trent and vice versa.

Chinese was always Axl's vengeance record to show to the press and public that not only that he wasn't the monster Slash was trying to paint him to be but he was the genius behind Guns N' Roses and behind Appetite.
He also wanted to get back at the other demons in his life and probably get back with either Stephanie or Erin, I'd suspect the former given the ending to the latter. Point being, he wasn't going to share the glory. Victory or death. He's got it on his arm. It's why Brian May was off the record and why he's credited with "lyrics and melodies" in the liner notes.

The cruel irony being that in his pursuit of musical genius he became even more the monster that he was painted to be and let in the vipers at the gates manipulating him into the dumbest decisions of his career.

He burned all his bridges and Trent wouldn't have liked his self-indulgence at the outset, let alone stealing Robin and then treating him like shit.

Would it've been cool? Absolutely. Would it have ever happened? Really doubt it.

strobogo

Banned
It's not at all shocking to me that Axl didn't work with Trent and vice versa.

Chinese was always Axl's vengeance record to show to the press and public that not only that he wasn't the monster Slash was trying to paint him to be but he was the genius behind Guns N' Roses and behind Appetite.
He also wanted to get back at the other demons in his life and probably get back with either Stephanie or Erin, I'd suspect the former given the ending to the latter. Point being, he wasn't going to share the glory. Victory or death. He's got it on his arm. It's why Brian May was off the record and why he's credited with "lyrics and melodies" in the liner notes.

The cruel irony being that in his pursuit of musical genius he became even more the monster that he was painted to be and let in the vipers at the gates manipulating him into the dumbest decisions of his career.

He burned all his bridges and Trent wouldn't have liked his self-indulgence at the outset, let alone stealing Robin and then treating him like shit.

Would it've been cool? Absolutely. Would it have ever happened? Really doubt it.

I think there was definitely a time when they could have collaborated, and that was the UYI tour when NIN was opening for GNR. Before the nonsense break up shit. It would have been fucking dope.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Holy shit I get tna ppvs live at work lol, I had no idea. Let's see if it's as bad as you guys say :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't understand the rules of a no DQ tag match. Do you still need to tag at all?

Was thinking that. That monkey flip dive to the outside at the start looked good I thought (first time watching TNA since the early pre-wwe rejects days)

Rhaknar

I'm confused, you guys said TNA sucked but there was some neat tag team moves there :(

Look guys, it's the guy who lives with his mom and has had his ass kicked by Anderson a bunch of times! I hope everyone is excited to see this match.

Top Bottom