• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Sblargh

Banned
This opening match of summerslam 88 is really goddamn good. British bulldog vs the maybe French, maybe Canadian, maybe both heels who are excellent heels. This is becoming one of my favorite matches of this time period.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+
WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-
Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
WrestleMania IV - C
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Survivor Series '88 - D
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B
Royal Rumble '89 - F
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+
Royal Rumble '90 - D+
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-
Royal Rumble '91 - D+
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+

Well, at least they're consistent...

Me too. Here's him celebrating after the win.
BmRrvoTIgAEUZrv.jpg

Sad to say that I missed this.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
This opening match of summerslam 88 is really goddamn good. British bulldog vs the maybe French, maybe Canadian, maybe both heels who are excellent heels. This is becoming one of my favorite matches of this time period.
I like how zach just squashed your post with a D grade

Alucard

Banned
Meltzer and Alvarez giving TNA a pass for tonight. They shat on the crowd, but both agreed that Gunner/Storm was really good and deserved a much better crowd reaction.

Did my DDP Yoga for tonight. Off to shower 'n sleep.

'Nite, guys.

#BelieveInTNA

Zach

I like how zach just squashed your post with a D grade

I remember that opener being pretty good. A lot of the WWF PPVs start off strong and I'm like "Here we go! This is it! This will be a great event!" and then they're all like "Here's the Warlord and Bad News Brown and Dino Bravo and Sergeant Slaughter" and I'm like "maaaannn..."

Zach

Goddamn. You're making me question why we watch wrestling at all. So many bad-to-awful PPV ratings on your list.

There's usually at least one great match/moment, but there's also an incredible amount of crap that we've probably repressed since our childhoods...

Zach

Survivor Series 90 is the GOAT Survivor Series and he gave it a D+. Booooooo that zach

You're high as a kite, my man.

But really, I think the Survivor Series format just drags and is kind of a slog and after it's over I usually feel like nothing has happened, nothing has changed, there has been no angle advancement. Usually.

Having said that, and this will seem contradictory, but I think that modern-day WWE should strive to get back to having most every Survivor Series match a traditional 4-on-4 affair. It just makes sense to spice it up now that they have 12 god dang events a year.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There must be no cross over between Final Fantasy fans and wrestling fans.

I was able to name my character in FF14 Vince McMahon and it wasn't taken

While that is a great name both of those things peaked in America at the exact same time so the crossover must have been huge.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There must be no cross over between Final Fantasy fans and wrestling fans.

I was able to name my character in FF14 Vince McMahon and it wasn't taken
Why would you do this?

I did too, must not be the same server.

Vylash

Finally getting to Total Divas, I'm depressed just watching Natalya and Cameron, I can't imagine being in a relationship with either

I wonder why he stopped posting here on Wrassle-Gaf?

Was it because of me? Or people like me? :(

inb4 kevinnashmotherfuckernoteverythingsaboutyou.mp4

Finally getting to Total Divas, I'm depressed just watching Natalya and Cameron, I can't imagine being in a relationship with either

I swear they're like two extreme opposite ends of the spectrum of fuck annoying and fuck uptight.

Top Bottom