• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

strobogo

Banned
It really bothers me that almost no one said Yokozuna correctly. Most faces purpously said his name wrong because loljaps was still in full effect, but even Fuji and Cornette never said his name the right way. It isn't Yokozuma. It isn't Yokazuna. It is YOKOZUNA. It's not a hard name. Yoko...then Zuna.

DMczaf

Make sure to buy your limited edition Amazing Spider-Man 2 bluray set

stupid-electro-head-606x630.jpg

strobogo

Banned
God damn Nattie is such a terrible person. "This WORK TRIP was supposed to be our mini vacation, how DARE you want to do something nice for your sister, you are an asshole." It's a work trip. It isn't a vacation. She comes off worse every episode. And how does she have any room to talk about his family when the two of them traveled with TEDDY HART for a decade? I also like how the show acts like the two of them traveling to NYC is a huge deal for them when they travel every week of the year.

And then Cameron is one of the most annoying humans I've ever seen on TV. Vinnie can do better.

I hope TJ and Vinnie dump their women and get a spin off season where they pick up chicks.

Total Divas is the best.

God damn Nattie is such a terrible person. "This WORK TRIP was supposed to be our mini vacation, how DARE you want to do something nice for your sister, you are an asshole." It's a work trip. It isn't a vacation. She comes off worse every episode. And how does she have any room to talk about his family when the two of them traveled with TEDDY HART for a decade? I also like how the show acts like the two of them traveling to NYC is a huge deal for them when they travel every week of the year.

And then Cameron is one of the most annoying humans I've ever seen on TV. Vinnie can do better.

I hope TJ and Vinnie dump their women and get a spin off season where they pick up chicks.

Total Divas is the best.

I know I normally complain about you marks watching Total Divas, but it hit me: you guys are completely falling for the worked storylines. Hook, line, and sinker.

lupinko

It really bothers me that almost no one said Yokozuna correctly. Most faces purpously said his name wrong because loljaps was still in full effect, but even Fuji and Cornette never said his name the right way. It isn't Yokozuma. It isn't Yokazuna. It is YOKOZUNA. It's not a hard name. Yoko...then Zuna.

Or just call him Rodney.

Total Divas is the best.

With Jimmy Uso as the married guy with the voice of reason and you got yourself a viewer.

Also, I died when Natty insisted she didn't want to appear like a bitch towards her sister. I just can't with this lady.

strobogo

Banned
I know I normally complain about you marks watching Total Divas, but it hit me: you guys are completely falling for the worked storylines. Hook, line, and sinker.

My god, you're right. I have a hard time that they'd write Nattie to be as terrible of a person as she comes off as on the show, though. That has to be a part of her and I really don't think Tyson Kidd is good enough of an actor to look as defeated and sad as he is.

It's almost like we're *GASP* invested into a television show.

I should probably wonder what the actress playing Skyler White and the status of her contract given the backstage heat she has with Vince Gilligan.

KissVibes

Banned
Yo, the opening of RAW was fucking nearly flawless. If only they'd done a better job selling the "Cena is unraveling" story bit. Bray taking Cena's children away from him should've sent him over the top. Cena grows a beard, goes bald and it becomes Max Payne 3 in wrestling format.

Marvel

could never
Fuck sake, my sky box had a system update late last night and only recorded a little bit of Raw. Got to Sandow doing Magneto before it cut out.

that was pretty much the end of that segment so you're good. After that, there was a Ryder-tier Kane segment and some Shield/Evo stuff that didn't really add much to anything. oh and a BNB/RVD match that was ok i guess for a RVD match in 2014. nothing really essential tbh, whole show felt last minute. Weak crowd for the most part.

Xater

Remember how happy we were with all the potential which RAW after Mania promised? Well here we are now and the entire build to Extreme Rules has been shit.

Why is Bayleys finisher a really bad belly to belly slam when a bear hug would look a heck of a lot better and still fit the character?

"Bayley to Belly" isnt a witty enough name to justify the moves shittyness.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Fucking sleep paralysis. Now I'm up at 5am.
Also yea, the Raw after mania has to be good because the crowd expects to be entertained so WWE can't be lazy and shitty like every other week

Remember how me, friend Heel, and others tried to warn all of you, and you all laughed at us?

they never learn.

"OMG, Bryan is the champion. we're back to 1999 ratings!!!" and all it took was one show to kill all the momentum the company had.

i give it 3 months before everyone starts turning on Bryan.

Watch this, people. I mean, you won't, because it's not WWE, but watch it anyway;

Not sure if anyone posted this yet. I'm instantly interested in more from them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzoBGQCql2E&feature=youtu.be
Great promo.

That was pretty awesome - a little cheesy in places during the monologue, but a very unique, cinematic style of promo. Never even heard of these dudes before.

I've yet to check out FIP since the reboot, might pick up one of the iPPVs this weekend.

A deadlift suplex? So you're saying in a normal suplex, the victim is assisting by jumping and that's part of keyfabe?

Bean Breath has a good point actually. A deadlift suplex being a term pretty much shits on kayfabe.

I hadn't thought of that, actually - but yeah, pointing out that something's a deadlift kinda exposes that every other 'lift' isn't.

I guess it depends on the move - I'd say that a deadlift German to a guy kneeling on all fours is OK to call a deadlift, kayfabe-wise. Same goes for something like Jumbo's deadlift belly to belly, where he hoists the guy off his feet and holds him there before hitting the belly to belly.

I hadn't thought of that, actually - but yeah, pointing out that something's a deadlift kinda exposes that every other 'lift' isn't.

I guess it depends on the move - I'd say that a deadlift German to a guy kneeling on all fours is OK to call a deadlift, kayfabe-wise. Same goes for something like Jumbo's deadlift belly to belly, where he hoists the guy off his feet and holds him there before hitting the belly to belly.

A deadlift suplex would be like what Cesaro does to an opponent who's on the apron while he is standing on the ropes in an elevated position.

https://twitter.com/SmithHart1/status/460941194131148800

"David Benoit (Chris Benoit's son) will make his in ring debut on July 18th in Calgary for Hart Legacy Wrestling tagging with Chavo Guerrero"

A deadlift suplex would be like what Cesaro does to an opponent who's on the apron while he is standing on the ropes in an elevated position.

Yeah, deadlift superplex - this has to be considered deadlift, though;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0-Ebx7XkJk

I'm pretty sure that's the wrassle move people first started applying 'deadlift' to.

Jamie OD

Over in DDT today the Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title became the 1000th Iron Man Heavymetalweight champion. How very fitting. Then Jun Akiyama had to spoil it all by beating the title to win the title at the very end of the show.

Top Bottom