• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Reviewing the tapes. A few changes in my 'Golden Era' thoughts

•Match quality was real bad in the 80s WWF. Funny enough, they had long time limits, but they just didn't do anything that exciting.
•Storytelling was phenomenal. They did a great job of keeping feuds alive while hardly ever stalling them out with shit like 'rematch clause'. They weren't that deep, but the characters really carried it.
•Jesse Ventura is the best on color ever.
•Brain is probably the best at working the crowd of all time. Second place would be...
•Honky Tonk Man. HTM is the best IC champion of all time. I had my doubts, but rewatching a bunch of PPVs? He elevates the shit out of the title. He takes Warrior from being a superstar to a supernova for beating him. Honky's promo after is so great where he talks about ITS MY BELT. He really makes the IC belt feel as important if not more than the WWF title. I don't think anyone's done that.
•There's some amazing talent in the WWF at this time, but there's a whole lot of turds too. But the highlights are so good that you forgive the turds.
•Everyone gets gassed real quick in the 80s. Obviously Warrior is the biggest culprit, but it was everywhere. Bam Bam, who is a pretty good worker, gasses out about halfway through most his matches.
•Beefcake sucks, but he was over, so I can't hate him too much. Same for Duggan.
•Slaughter didn't deserve any kind of push.
•Dibiase, HTM, Savage, Heenan, etc are all ten times the heel Piper was.
•The Fabulous Rougeaus > Hart Foundation & Bulldogs
•In the time span between Andre and Tenta, I don't think they ever had Hogan show any fear of anyone he wrestled. Kind of weird.

HTM is definitely the best IC title holder of all time, no doubt at all. No doubt.

I knew I loved you for a reason.

tumblr_mtyzihTcHJ1sc0sroo1_250.gif

Heel

UFC isn't Jewish, but they're notoriously tight with money when it comes to fighter pay. Not that those are related.

Don't forget how bean breath hates Brazil.

bean breath, good friend, why do you hate Brazil?

Because they harbored Nazis after WWII, cut down countless acres of precious rain forests, speak Portuguese which is to Spanish as Pig Latin is to English, put first names and nicknames on the backs of their soccer player's jerseys, Blanka, and because I don't know how to dance the Lambada.

Sblargh

Banned
Because they harbored Nazis after WWII, cut down countless acres of precious rain forests, speak Portuguese which is to Spanish as Pig Latin is to English, put first names and nicknames on the backs of their soccer player's jerseys, Blanka, and because I don't know how to dance the Lambada.

While all of this is true, you show your ignorance: we don't do lambada anymore, we have branched to amazingly Sexy new dances like Forró, Samba Rock, something called quadradinho de oito that is like twerking on your shoulders or something.

DiscoJon

Banned
Enough about Brazil, Nazis, Eva's All Red Nobody Cares, BJ Penn, and all that nonsense.

DISCOJON'S ACTION FIGURE A-GO-GO

First up, THE GIANT
8wlCdeTl.jpg

Tdd6qK0l.jpg

Brett Hart, who always wears sunglasses.
IiiNJEDl.jpg

a77VYHVl.jpg

FIVE TIME, FIVE TIME, BOOOKAAAAAAAAAAHHH-T
bV4abyfl.jpg

We comin' for you!
uOIVeCXl.jpg

Big Poppa Pink
UYPeQE7l.jpg

Holla, if you hear me!
z7pP1eBl.jpg

Not sure who this guy is. Christian Bah? Crispen Wah? Looks like a jobber.
4dmamzXl.jpg

atL6XOTl.jpg

SELF HIGH FIVE
TN3m3T4l.jpg

9jjbyiSl.jpg

BANG!
DnJtUbgl.jpg

More to come tomorrow. Here's a hint.
663867Wrestle-Zone_net_walid26-Hulk_Hogan_vs_Sting__WCW_Title_Starrcade_1997__avi_snapshot_07_00_12010_11_25_18_48_041.jpg_large_display_image.jpg

Hey Hey Hey, leave Blanka out of the discussion. I don't gripe about having El Fuerte represent the country.

I want El Fuerte out of the game

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wanna know who dresses Sami Zayn. He's an effective babyface? Not in a taxi cab hat, blazer, and t -shirt he ain't. Looks like Batista's 'designer'

Sblargh

Banned
I'll admit and I don't care who knows: I like brodus clay, he will be awesome one day as a heel and he will wear something that isn't awful while leaving his dancing past behind.

Came back from seeing The Raid 2 and someone here hated it. I'm here to say that you're wrong as shit and need to get your head out of your ass because this movie was the tits. So good.

antonz

Well Nash is going off on Piper for some reason. Not sure whats going on because Piper hasnt been online in hours.

@RealKevinNash 1h
Piper is a deranged old fool.He got bitch slapped to the floor.Hulk,Pac,Scott and Eric were in the room.Let it go Rod.Pod cast invite?

@RealKevinNash 46m
I love Rod and respect him.What I did was disrespectable.He was a ledge I was a raw Detroit guy.Wish it didn't happen I fucked up.

@RealKevinNash 20m
When you strike a man a see fear in his face at my size you realize your playing the bully.I was bullied as a 6-10 212 pound 14 year old.

@RealKevinNash 11m
@R_Roddy_Piper Your a bitch and a liar. I had respect for you but no more.i smacked your bitch ass to the grown.Never come around me cunt

Top Bottom