• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Kofi should bring back the Koko B. Ware gimmick. He could use his parrot to unhook the MitB briefcase and drop it into his waiting arms. Or, he gets stranded outside the ring in the Rumble and his parrot fetches a rope.
Lol, just imagine all the new Royal Rumble spots he could come up with by incorporating the bird!

DMczaf

That's easy. The hall of fame is a joke and should not be taken seriously. This year they let in a killer to get his tape collection and a guy who never won a belt but had a feel good story. Koko b Ware belongs right alongside these guys brother.

Did you just bury Jake?

We are gonna have to tussle.

tumblr_n4b9y4QkBT1qcluu2o2_400.gif

Carnby

I'm feeling conflicted ... I hate John Cena so much. Yet I respect the hell out of him. I'm struggling with my very being. Help me WrassleGAF!

mouserat

Neo Member
I'm feeling conflicted ... I hate John Cena so much. Yet I respect the hell out of him. I'm struggling with my very being. Help me WrassleGAF!

respect him or hate him, you gotta love him!

wait, hang on...

love him or respect him, you gotta hate him!

just a second...

pinned clean by the AA or tapped by the STF, you gotta job to him... yeah, that's the one.

Aiii

So not worth it
Mweh, everything John Cena says and does appears phony as hell. I wouldn't trust anything he says, because you can never count on what he's saying actually is what he's thinking or what he does when your back is turned.

Also Nexus.

Cenawinslol.

better?

Aiii

So not worth it
House Show in Rotterdam next month has Rybaxel and Kane vs. The Shield, Bryan vs. Orton and Rusev & Lana advertised. Pretty hyped for Shield and Lana.

Hope they end up adding Paige to the card.

jred2k

House Show in Rotterdam next month has Rybaxel and Kane vs. The Shield, Bryan vs. Orton and Rusev & Lana advertised. Pretty hyped for Shield and Lana.

Hope they end up adding Paige to the card.
Make sure to take a Titty Master sign for Ambrose.

Dammit, new OT already...

That Warrior documentary was really good, seeing Vince getting emotional and teary eyed left me feeling weird though, kind of hard to watch especially with all the shit that went down. Kind of like seeing someone who've known most of your life who you never saw get that way until one day.

The only hype I get from Mojo is when he's finally off my screen.

Quoting from OT1.
Did MJ like pro wrestling? He must have.

Yeah, Michael and a large portion of his family were all big fans. Can't remember who's autobiography brought it up, might've been one of Mick's or Jericho's or maybe Bret's.

Never expected Michael Jackson to be a pro rasslin kind of guy.

Found JR's story and I read this before but I'm still pretty sure one of those books had a story where they met the Jackson family on a plane or something.

Many years ago I turned down an opportunity to join my wife, along with several WWE corporate types, at a private function at Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch. I believe the occasion was a birthday party for a Jackson family member. My wife recalls the Jackson kids asking if "J.R. was o.k." as that apparently was around the time Kane BBQ'ed yours truly. Many within the Jackson household followed WWE on TV regularly as Jan remembers getting bombarded with questions and some of the Jacksons have attended WWE events over the years. My wife recalls the experience as being a great deal of fun and remembers being pretty sure that she saw Michael in costume wearing a "fat suit" so as to not to distract from the other family member's birthday celebration by causing a commotion amongst the visiting guests. Neverland Ranch was an extraordinary place for an individual's residence even someone as unique as Michael Jackson. Coming off the untimely death of Jackson this week at only 50 years of age, in hindsight I wish I had accompanied the Mrs on this trip. Jackson was an impeccable showman with precision like timing and possessed amazing crowd psychology.....which are all enviable traits of a great wrestler in any decade past, present or future.

One thing left behind at the Neverland Ranch, by request, was a signed cookbook, "Can You Take the Heat" and a few bottles of J.R.'s BBQ Sauce. Small world indeed.

http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/jr-tal...l-jackson-memoryfarrahlashley-vs-sappthe-bash

Heel

I read through about a dozen Kevin Nash tweeters and came away having no idea why he is angry. Can someone a little more articulate on the keyboard fill me in?

I read through about a dozen Kevin Nash tweeters and came away having no idea why he is angry. Can someone a little more articulate on the keyboard fill me in?

Piper did some kind of interview recently where he talked about how much Nash sucked and told a story about him slapping Nash to the ground. Nash and Waltman are saying he's full of shit.

Heel

Piper did some kind of interview recently where he talked about how much Nash sucked and told a story about him slapping Nash to the ground. Nash and Waltman are saying he's full of shit.

Storylines building towards a podcast? I can get behind this.

Does Piper have a pod-cast?

Just watched the Warrior doc on the Network. It was decent. Wish they hadn't recycled some of the stuff from TV but the Sting, HHH and Vince interviews were great.

Yeah, Piper is a part of the same group as Austin, Ross, and Jericho. His show goes up on Mondays. They now have a wrestling personality hosting a podcast every day of the week, sometimes two.

strobogo

Banned
As unbelievably annoying Jericho's shilling is, when he sings guitar and drum parts and then sings over them is the WORST. I can't believe they let him go on doing it as long as he did on the Warrior thing. Everytime he did the Loverboy song, it sounded nothing like what he said it was.

Can anyone explain to me what the point of re-splitting the WWE and WHC belts would be beyond getting Triple H more heel heat? The only reason we even had two World titles was because Triple H couldn't bury Vince's new Golden Boy (Brock) for the WWE title the Brand Extension, and that effectively ended years ago. All the presence of two World titles has done since then is give World title cred to mid-carders who don't deserve it and artificially inflate the number of World title wins for established main eventers. If you really want a belt for upper mid-carders and main eventers to feud over when they can't go for the WWEWHC, then just elevate the IC title. Have Cena go after it when he's done burying The Wyatts so that it's established as a main event level belt & adds "Triple Crown Champion" to Cena's already insane list of achievements.

I think current day Jericho is insufferable. He comes off as not being happy with his status in wrasslin, showbiz, life, whatever, and is trying so desperately to achieve that next step but he doesn't realize he's never going to reach that step.

Maybe he comes off that way only to me... who knows.

I think current day Jericho is insufferable. He comes off as not being happy with his status in wrasslin, showbiz, life, whatever, and is trying so desperately to achieve that next step but he doesn't realize he's never going to reach that step.

I kind of agree. He seems way too image-conscious.

Cena pros:
- does a lot of charity and make a wish
- ultimate company man, works as hard as anyone even though he doesn't have to
- makes feuds feel more important

Cena cons:
- almost every promo he ever does
- buries just about every opponent he has. Like, long term damage to them. (Come back Barrett! Come baaaack)
- breaks "kayfabe" in the stupidest of ways ("Del Rio doesn't even like cars!" or "Ziggler complains in the back about his spot on the card!")
- never changes his character. Ever. For any reason.
- he's also kind of a douche on Total Divas

Verdict: John Cena is basically our Stockholm Syndrome, we have fallen in love with our captor and will wait breathlessly for his next photoshop promo, no matter how much we think we never want to see again; we NEED John Cena.

KissVibes

Banned
Jericho seems like a guy that thought he was going to have the same crossover appeal as The Rock, and is desperately trying to get it before his time really is up.

TL21xx

Banned

I'm a major Jericho mark, but I completely agree with you. I personally think the Rock scene has been horrible for him and it's the main reason he seems so out of touch these days, but that's just my opinion. I miss the Jericho who wrote A Lions Tale...

Top Bottom