• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Zach

No way. I would never do that. That's the ultimate in weird wrestling nerd. Go to a live show and takes notes? That's weird and seems like a big waste.

I agree. The only thing worse would be for some nerd to watch every PPV chronologically and then grade them. HAHAHAHA.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I watched JBL/Eddie at Judgment Day 2004 and dear lorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

I still can't believe they didn't stop the goddamn match.

No way. I would never do that. That's the ultimate in weird wrestling nerd. Go to a live show and takes notes? That's weird and seems like a big waste.

It kinda made sense in the days of doing TV tapings months in advance, as it would give other smart fans insight on how story lines would play out over the next few months, but I'd hate to see the kind of dude who'd be doing this kind of shit now that most of these shows are either on TV or VOD within a week, at most.

strobogo

Banned
I watched JBL/Eddie at Judgment Day 2004 and dear lorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

I still can't believe they didn't stop the goddamn match.

The gun shot sound of the chair shot and Eddie instantly gushing blood was unreal. One of the nuttiest blade jobs of all time. Almost so crazy you can't believe it wasn't hard way. It kind of felt like Eddie was putting HHH/HBK on notice that they weren't the only ones who could bleed out in the ring.

DMczaf

I'm convinced there's not a better WM match than Bret/Owen from WMX.

The entire storyline of the night was perfect. Owen upsets older brother Bret after living in his shadow for years, then Bret wins the title and gets a huge celebration with all the faces...and then out comes Owen with the "the fuck? I beat this asshole!" look on his face.

Owen was a treasure.

The entire storyline of the night was perfect. Owen upsets older brother Bret after living in his shadow for years, then Bret wins the title and gets a huge celebration with all the faces...and then out comes Owen with the "the fuck? I beat this asshole!" look on his face.

Owen was a treasure.

I have to give a shoutout to King on the commentary as well. He was coming off a feud with Bret Hart recently, so his heel color commentary was really that added bit of drama, and it was funny, too. This is before he became a terrible senile perverted asshole, and was simply just an funny asshole.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The gun shot sound of the chair shot and Eddie instantly gushing blood was unreal. One of the nuttiest blade jobs of all time. Almost so crazy you can't believe it wasn't hard way. It kind of felt like Eddie was putting HHH/HBK on notice that they weren't the only ones who could bleed out in the ring.

The chairshot made me want to pee. Absolutely sickening. Unreal the amount of blood. Just unreal. JBL must have been shitting his pants as well.

DMczaf

Guys, I missed Total Divas. Did I miss anything?

tumblr_n4cybo939h1srbyoyo1_1280.png

...oh. OH.

Everyone one is doing a podcast now. Dusty Rhodes is going to start one. Also, anyone remember this moment with Rey Mysterio. I wouldn't have taken this.

ixuYYHz4d7VXY.gif

Supposedly, Big Show got nuclear heat for this because of how careless he was protecting Rey. Taker got in his face as soon as he came back through the curtain.

Sblargh

Banned

Owen was a treasure.

Not only that, but you have Bret going into the Main Event hurt and with a loss on his shoulders against a Yokozuna that already won a match. Gets better because it was a really outdated Japan vs USA thing that became awesome when Japan won and the Canadian technical guy went against Yokozuna and suddenly all that crap about patriotism went out of the window, it became brains vs size.

And not only that, but Yokozuna is a boss. Any other good matches by him? I really like the guy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bret versus Owen is simply one of the best story lines wrestling has ever had. It's up there with the Megapowers, the formation of the NWO (and everything involving Sting until Starrcade 1997) and Austin versus Vince.

Paging Sunny

Bret versus Owen is simply one of the best story lines wrestling has ever had. It's up there with the Megapowers, the formation of the NWO (and everything involving Sting until Starrcade 1997) and Austin versus Vince.

I will always love the sheer joy Owen had for breaking up the collar and elbow tie up seconds into the match.

Thorakai

that whole spot is stupid because he couldn't swing him into the pole then gently lay the whole thing down on the mat and trusting Show to be careful about anything is another issue.

He could have 'tossed' Rey aside against the barricade after hitting him on the pole. Just needed to switch Rey face-up as he completed the motion.

Slizeezyc

The chairshot made me want to pee. Absolutely sickening. Unreal the amount of blood. Just unreal. JBL must have been shitting his pants as well.

It was super scary and Guerrero is just going on fumes after it. But it's all about that BANG on the chair shot; it's so brutal.

And then the ring is just COVERED in blood.

DMczaf

My favorite part of the Owen/Bret Biggest Backstabs Countdown segment is when Cesaro stops everything and continues Dibiase's argument that Owen didn't backstab Bret, Bret was the selfish one!

Bye-bye Batista?

Batista is not currently being advertised for any WWE events following Extreme Rules, so it appears he will be taking some time off.

As we reported when he returned to the company, he was expected to take a break to do promotional work for his next film, Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy", which opens in August.

Rapstah

Batista occasionally returning as a douche heel seems like it would work a lot better than just staying around for two years.

Boose

Gonna be shocked if Batista isn't holding the title belts while doing that promoting.

Kinda thought that was the whole idea before DB took over the world.

Sblargh

Banned
Random rant:

I hate video tutorials. Remember simple step by step instructions on which you could easily see what step you are missing? Well, no more, now you have to watch a 15 minutes video:

"Oh... hey guys... this is FuckerSupreme2001, I'm here to teach you how to mod this game, uhhh, uhh, the first thing, uhh, the first thing you gotta do is find the folder that you installed the game, it's usually under program files, here, let me show you"

Goddamn it.

Sblargh

Banned
Batista screwed Batista, if he wasn't in the worst shape of his life, I could even see Bryan getting the belt at Elimination Chamber setting up him vs Batista at 'mania, where we would make avatar bets that Batista would win because of movies. Even if WWE is used to returning people not being at their best, I don't believe they thought he would be this bad.
There's gotta be heat on him about that, and I believe he recognizes he is not delivering and that's why he is being so cool about being the butt of the joke instead of a superhero.

I wouldn't be surprised if this time he is taking is to do some cardio so he can return as someone you want to see in a movie. Who knows, maybe he is going to the NXT training center.

Top Bottom