• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
For some reason I got curious and checked up on whatever happened to Gillberg's wrestling school.

Some dude died there while training back in 2012. Yikes. I guess if anything'll shut your wrestling school down, it's that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What Daniel Bryan thinks he looks like
tumblr_n4cb6tFseU1s0zdtdo1_500.png

What he actually looks like
image.php

Real talk, Bryan Danielson is probably in my all-time Fave Five North American wrestlers, but why my dude look like a homeless man on national TV, fam. I think its kinda a meta thing, trying to see how far he can go on simply being the most talented guy in the locker room.

KissVibes

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rG9qkfXvGw

The man that invented Pipe Bombs.

Real talk, Bryan Danielson is probably in my all-time Fave Five North American wrestlers, but why my dude look like a homeless man on national TV, fam. I think its kinda a meta thing, trying to see how far he can go on simply being the most talented guy in the locker room.

The believe is that his skin condition has been getting worse and that's why he started growing the beard, then the hair.

D. Brine can simply just tie the hair back and play the role of white samurai. Then he can shake it loose when he gets hype and does his Hoak Hogan faces + rage trembling. I don't know why he hasn't been doing that.

Aiii

So not worth it
Before Total Divas I liked Natalya. Now I don't. I've said this before, but this goes for pretty much every woman on that show except Naomi and oddly enough Eva Marie (since this season), they come off as shallow and unlikable and horrible sex-crazed.

I know these girls are probably happy they're getting on TV on E! and people are watching and they're sort of extra famous now and whatever, but do you really want this to be your legacy? It's scripted, so I'm sure it's not really what these women are like, but they should look at these scripts sometimes and go "hey, can we maybe tone it down on the bitch levels right here?" The men (with the exception of Cena) on the other hand all come of great, so maybe I'm gender biased.

Also, I don't want to know where Natalya sticks her banana's. Come on.

I think I'm souring on Total Divas a bit guys.

And they're even ruining Rikishi, damnit!

Striker

The rub doesn't work if you rub everybody. When's the last time this guy won a match?
A problem they've had with him putting guys over (see Evan Bourne, Kofi, etc.) was them never doing anything afterwards. So that rub he gave by putting them over is merely pointless.

2008 feud with Shawn was great. Jericho's promos were top notch. And his 2008-2010 run was really fun. Gelatinous tapeworms, hypocrites, parasites - the whole expanded vocabulary and slow speaking gimmick was really good. Calling CM Punk and Cena "boy". Even made the terrible guest host thing interesting when he was involved.

Marvel

could never
So he takes time off for not having the more demanding schedule he was supposed to have had?

Wut?

I wonder how disappointed Big Dave is in not having the straps like he was promised...

Kaladin

The Best of Raw After The Show is out this week. This will be the first WWE blu-ray I have bought since Legends of Mid South.

Rapstah

Speaking of Batista's schedule, did he end up doing house shows? The original leak about him returning was for some kind of house show in February but I haven't heard of any house show matches from him. Did he just not do house shows after the reaction he got?

Ithil

Speaking of Batista's schedule, did he end up doing house shows? The original leak about him returning was for some kind of house show in February but I haven't heard of any house show matches from him. Did he just not do house shows after the reaction he got?

He's done a bunch of house shows, in February and March.

Sephzilla

Total Divas is probably the most fake WWE product right now.

Also, I come back here from a holiday weekend and see that Batista's already getting time off? LO-fucking-L

mouserat

Neo Member
D. Brine can simply just tie the hair back and play the role of white samurai. Then he can shake it loose when he gets hype and does his Hoak Hogan faces + rage trembling. I don't know why he hasn't been doing that.

when I was at the last house show in Glasgow Bryan had his hair tied up, but it came out literally within two moves as soon as he stepped in the ring, so I'm not sure if that's an option. as a dude who ties his hair up, I can sympathise; I need to redo it if I take a sweater off, or it rubs on the roof when I'm sitting in a car, or if a mild breeze blows past.

Alucard

Banned
Before Total Divas I liked Natalya. Now I don't. I've said this before, but this goes for pretty much every woman on that show except Naomi and oddly enough Eva Marie (since this season), they come off as shallow and unlikable and horrible sex-crazed.

I know these girls are probably happy they're getting on TV on E! and people are watching and they're sort of extra famous now and whatever, but do you really want this to be your legacy? It's scripted, so I'm sure it's not really what these women are like, but they should look at these scripts sometimes and go "hey, can we maybe tone it down on the bitch levels right here?" The men (with the exception of Cena) on the other hand all come of great, so maybe I'm gender biased.

Also, I don't want to know where Natalya sticks her banana's. Come on.

I think I'm souring on Total Divas a bit guys.

And they're even ruining Rikishi, damnit!

Glad to hear that you're coming around. I've only seen clips of Total Divas, but it looks like any other trash TV reality show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Glad to hear that you're coming around. I've only seen clips of Total Divas, but it looks like any other trash TV reality show.

You should try watching it, it is a great show.

mouserat

Neo Member
browsing random shoot interviews on youtube, it's horribly depressing. look at these sad old clowns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA16GgvuVVw

nice logic there. the Undertaker is taller than Wade Barret, therefore Kevin Nash is going to fuck Wade Barrett's wife and make him watch. I would hypothesise that Barrett—who killed a guy with his bare hands after being stabbed, allegedly—would beat the absolute shit out of a guy like Kevin Nash, but he won't, because wrestling is no longer a seedy, back alley, carny business full of sad, impotent alcoholics and junkies like these two. part of me will be sad when 'shoot interviews' in fifteen years time with the stars of today will be sanitary, thoughtful discussions with clean living and healthy men and women, but another part of me can't wait for this kind of macho bullshit culture to die out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nash is one of the worst people (soul-wise) in wrestling.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Unrelated to wrestling, but I had this dream I went to the movies with this girl who had the hots for me real bad in middle school and high school. And it's not like I woke up thinking, 'oh man, she was the one.' Instead, all I could think was 'Man, that movie theater was awesome!' It was freaking huge, and it had all these famous movie moments on top of it, and it was so gigantic that they sold movie props inside of it.

Basically what I'm saying is that I'll be opening up a movie theater/prop store that's the size of a skyscraper.

mouserat

Neo Member
why did she take one photo covering her titty, then another one directly after where she's popping her titty out? inconsistent.

BHZ Mayor

browsing random shoot interviews on youtube, it's horribly depressing. look at these sad old clowns:

nice logic there. the Undertaker is taller than Wade Barret, therefore Kevin Nash is going to fuck Wade Barrett's wife and make him watch. I would hypothesise that Barrett—who killed a guy with his bare hands after being stabbed, allegedly—would beat the absolute shit out of a guy like Kevin Nash, but he won't, because wrestling is no longer a seedy, back alley, carny business full of sad, impotent alcoholics and junkies like these two. part of me will be sad when 'shoot interviews' in fifteen years time with the stars of today will be sanitary, thoughtful discussions with clean living and healthy men and women, but another part of me can't wait for this kind of macho bullshit culture to die out.

Wait, what?

It does appear to be mostly dying. As I understand it, today's locker room culture is very inviting where everyone understands that it's a team effort. Guys spend most of their time backstage watching the show because they want to see what everyone else is doing and learn from it and help each other out.

I think Batista in an interview recently talked about how the locker room culture was very different than when he left. It's refreshing to see.

Rapstah

Wait, what?

He was stabbed while on his way back from some kind of fighting thing where he had won money, but beat the guy up instead. I don't think he killed the guy. Supposedly this is why he has a monster scar from his back onto his right arm. Story may be partially or entirely worked.

I think Batista in an interview recently talked about how the locker room culture was very different than when he left. It's refreshing to see.
Didn't Booker T beat Batista up because everyone hated him?

mouserat

Neo Member
Wait, what?

the story about how Barrett got his scar on the arm was that he had just won a bareknuckle boxing tournament in Hungary, and was mugged for the money. he was slashed with a knife, but left with the money and has been unable to discuss what happened for legal reasons, but he has intimated that he beat the guy up pretty badly. however (and take this with a pinch of salt because it's third hand information), I've heard from a few British wrestling enthusiasts that people close to Barrett alleged that he actually beat the guy to death.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't Booker T beat Batista up because everyone hated him?

Batista got an ass whipping because he buried the Smackdown locker room on TV. Said they didn't have heart, didn't WANT IT. This is when Bats went from Raw to SD.

strobogo

Banned
I thought the story was more Batista was being a dick at a photo shoot and Booker popped him in the face and that was the end of it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll have to consult my copy of Batista Unleashed on my Kindle app. brb

Rapstah

Batista was walking home with all the money he made from being a main eventer and Booker T stabbed him in the back, but Batista was strong enough to fight him off and get home with the money. The story goes Booker T died, but I can't confirm that part.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It does appear to be mostly dying. As I understand it, today's locker room culture is very inviting where everyone understands that it's a team effort. Guys spend most of their time backstage watching the show because they want to see what everyone else is doing and learn from it and help each other out.

That's not how it happens now either. Now instead of their 'macho' stuff, they play on their phones and play games instead of learning from the matches. So it's not any better, and it's probably why the heat is so poorly translated onto the screen. It's why they had to ban that shit in the locker rooms.
Here we go, looks like Stro's got it!~

KOssGST.png

Finlay said Booker started the fight, but Dave was the one who gave Booker a swollen eye. Dave told him that 'we're gonna setlle this now' and Booker backed off and was saying he was gonna come to Dave's house at night instead.

goodguymoronbookert.jpeg

strobogo

Banned
Here we go, looks like Stro's got it!~

KOssGST.png

Something about how Batista talks about respect and veterans is off putting. He wasn't around that long and he was injured for half of the time he did have, yet he has always talked like he's this life long vet who has been around and seen everything.

Top Bottom