• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Booker strikes me as the kind of guy who would try to forreal fight how he fights in the ring. Like I can just see him trying to do those ridiculous openhand chop/punch things to someone in an actual fight.

TheChits

SzHO2L9.jpg

Lanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

From the bottom of my heart, thank you friend Ply

Yeah. "HAHA HE LOOKS LIKE AN ELF OR HOBBIT" is really, really fucking dumb. How about he's really fucking good? I don't see them talking about Mojo's marshmallow gut.

Rapstah

Also, whoever wrote that article totally missed when they changed Conor O'Brian's and Rick Victor's names to Konnor and Viktor in December or somewhere around NXT 200.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was reading a thread on Backlund. If you want to see marks that don't know marks, 'Backlund was a huge draw he had the title for years.' Apparently that means you're a draw. Even though Backlund nearly bankrupted WWWF.

Guy couldn't draw shit. Every single interview I've ever seen about Bob from other wrestlers basically goes, 'Nice guy. Couldn't draw a dime.' Be it in the 90s or the 80s. Probably why they kept him around, too nice to just outright fire, and Vince Jr knew he was important to Vince Sr, so he couldn't do it.

I mean, you watch Bob come out in the RR, and no one gives a shit.

Kaladin

Started watching 1993 WWE since they have the entire year of Raw up now. I've made it through the Rumble.

Some Thoughts:

Raw was very hit and miss in the early going. I enjoyed the Macho Man / Repo Man feud that started leading up to the Rumble. Repo Man was awesome. I'm looking forward to the Loser Leaves Town Flair vs Perfect match that I haven't seen in a long time. The hype and debut of Lex Luger was great except for one thing, Bobby Heenan wouldn't stop calling him Narcissus, and all I could do was laugh because I know he debuted as The Narcissist Lex Luger, not Narcissus or Narcissus Lex Luger.

The gimmicks of the 90s make me laugh....was The Barbarian really wearing a cut up dress at the Rumble? Speaking of gimmicks, Giant Gonzalez's debut was actually done fairly well. He's a huge beast of a man with a freakin' babyface behind his beard. I know he sucked worse than Khali, but the debut was well done at least.

It's awesome to have an entire year of Raw to run through, and hopefully by the time I'm done we'll have most of 94 up, and I'll be able to continue on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only interested in the network when they get ALL the old WCCW and WWWF stuff up there, all the Parade of Champions, and every 1994 raw, every 1992-1993 worldwide, every SNME.

Them not having all the Raws and just having the PPVs took the wind out of my sails very quickly.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I highly recommend the Timeline 1980 with Larry Z

I will seek this out to see it. I like the concept of the Timeline vids, and I love Larry Z a ton even if Stro hates him. 1980 should be an interesting year.

It's a shame Bobby Heenan's voice has fallen apart so much, would love to have him on a whole DECADE of Timeline stuff.

strobogo

Banned
Started watching 1993 WWE since they have the entire year of Raw up now. I've made it through the Rumble.

Some Thoughts:

Raw was very hit and miss in the early going. I enjoyed the Macho Man / Repo Man feud that started leading up to the Rumble. Repo Man was awesome. I'm looking forward to the Loser Leaves Town Flair vs Perfect match that I haven't seen in a long time. The hype and debut of Lex Luger was great except for one thing, Bobby Heenan wouldn't stop calling him Narcissus, and all I could do was laugh because I know he debuted as The Narcissist Lex Luger, not Narcissus or Narcissus Lex Luger.

The gimmicks of the 90s make me laugh....was The Barbarian really wearing a cut up dress at the Rumble? Speaking of gimmicks, Giant Gonzalez's debut was actually done fairly well. He's a huge beast of a man with a freakin' babyface behind his beard. I know he sucked worse than Khali, but the debut was well done at least.

It's awesome to have an entire year of Raw to run through, and hopefully by the time I'm done we'll have most of 94 up, and I'll be able to continue on.

If you think the start is hit and miss, watch the rest of the year. There is one good episode for every 7 weeks of shows or so.

Xavier Woods is really making an impact every time he gets squashed on Raw.

He said it himself, he's like Apollo Creed except he doesn't lose*

*oh

And yo the biggest rib in the history of RAW was Vince making Bobby Heenan say Narcissist all the goddamn time. That's some Bruce Lee/Goldthwait shit

Rapstah

Xavier Woods is going to reveal that this was all a plan to get R-Truth, Tensai, and Brodus Clay fired so his team-mates from NXT would be called up to replace them, thereby forming The Third (Fourth?) Nexus.

Kaladin

If you think the start is hit and miss, watch the rest of the year. There is one good episode for every 7 weeks of shows or so.

It's at least good background TV and some of it is so bad it's funny.

I always get a kick out of Vince and Co. on commentary.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Xavier Woods is going to reveal that this was all a plan to get R-Truth, Tensai, and Brodus Clay fired so his team-mates from NXT would be called up to replace them, thereby forming The Third (Fourth?) Nexus.

Nexus Black would be cool.

strobogo

Banned
It's at least good background TV and some of it is so bad it's funny.

I always get a kick out of Vince and Co. on commentary.

You think that now, but most of it is so bad it is really bad and makes you want to not watch wrestling ever again. It's like WCW 2000 bad, but without the SWERVES.

I just finished the 1993 Raws and have a question. They started quite a few angles only to drop them or continue them many weeks later, I know some angles were continued on Superstars but Raw usually showed the highlights, were they also continuing angles on All American, Wrestling Challenge and Mania? Was it normal to start an angle only to touch back on it a month or so later back then?

Top Bottom