• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bo Dallas would be a good fit as an outsider for Nation 2.0

JavyOO7

It took them just about 2 months to get 1993 RAW up there in its entirety. That is pretty good. And their media team is adding other stuff every day on top of those early RAWs... so big ups to them. I wish I had that job of digitizing all that stuff. Part of my job in this college is to digitize VHS tapes... but not a cool subject like WWE wrasslin'. Sad face.

DMczaf

Bo Dallas would be the answer to "What if The Rock joined The Nation, but continued to act like the positive smiling babyface?"

And it would be awesome.

DMczaf

It's going to be weird if WWE lets Bo go all the way with this gimmick on Raw, since it's completely mocking Cena's entire career. Will they be scared if kids begin to put 2 and 2 together and realize it's Cena that is the joke?

#NeverGiveUp #BOlieve #YESYESYES

Sephzilla

Only when he has a title with value. The US Title is a jobber title, so it doesn't fit his gimmick at all.

It's not the U.S championship is the US championship because me and my BO -lievers are champions

But I could totally see Bo renaming it from the U.S. Championship to the "US" Championship. It would be the title for the BO-Lievers. slightconfuse had the right idea.

The only reason the US Title is meaningless right now is because it's being held by a champion who's simply too caught up in other storylines.

It's going to be weird if WWE lets Bo go all the way with this gimmick on Raw, since it's completely mocking Cena's entire career. Will they be scared if kids begin to put 2 and 2 together and realize it's Cena that is the joke?

#NeverGiveUp #BOlieve #YESYESYES

I honestly don't think the main WWE writers are even fully aware that Bo's gimmick is basically mock-Cena turned up to 11.

Only when he has a title with value. The US Title is a jobber title, so it doesn't fit his gimmick at all.

It works even better when it's a title that means nothing. He can walk around acting like the US title is the most valuable and prestigious title in history when everyone knows it's not.

DMczaf

2yzUruy.jpg

Damn you Ambrose...

Rapstah

I would not assume that Dallas' gimmick is going to be exactly his NXT gimmick on the main roster. Looks more like a motivational speaker type gimmick right now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Larry meeting Frank Sinatra and the mob is fucking hilarious.

Jesus, old wrestling is so crazy how deeply rooted it was in organized crime. Dude met Carlo Gambino.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Larry meeting Frank Sinatra and the mob is fucking hilarious.

Jesus, old wrestling is so crazy how deeply rooted it was in organized crime.

I remember hearing him talk about that on...I think it was maybe MLW? I dunno. But yeah. Pretty wild.

So, with CM Punk is he uh...isn't his contract up in June? Do they resign him if he doesn't come back, just to keep making money off of his name?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will seek this out to see it. I like the concept of the Timeline vids, and I love Larry Z a ton even if Stro hates him. 1980 should be an interesting year.

It's a shame Bobby Heenan's voice has fallen apart so much, would love to have him on a whole DECADE of Timeline stuff.

I think my favorite part of the whole thing is where Larry talks about Vince Sr not wanting to job Backlund to Larry. Bruno wanted Larry to win the title since he was the most over heel and Bruno and him had the hottest feud in wrestling and Bob was just kind of ... there. Then Larry talks about how Bruno tells him, 'Just don't pick up the phone, the agents will call you.' and Larry says one of the agents calls him and it's like

'You missed my town! You missed my town!'
'Well, I would have loved to come, but I think Vince fired me. He told me to forget the whole thing(which was what Bruno told Larry to do. 'Forgetting the whole thing' being Bob jobbing to Larry not what Larry and Bruno were telling the agents)'
'OH MY GOD!'

Bruno was doing the HBK thing with a McMahon when HBK was in diapers.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, with CM Punk is he uh...isn't his contract up in June? Do they resign him if he doesn't come back, just to keep making money off of his name?

As of two days before Mania, according to Heyman on Austin's podcast, Punk and Vince have yet to have any kind of exchange since Punk walked out the day after the Rumble, so that in itself makes it quite hard to sign a new deal.

I can see them trying to get Punk to sign a legends deal, keeping him with the company that way so they can keep selling new merch.

zychi

Banned
have we gotten any reason as to why punk left yet? because he didnt want to fight kane at wm?

because he was upset taker was gonna lose?

because hhh wouldnt push him again?

because dbrine wasnt getting a push(hahah yeah right)

because he's a baby, got his money, his long title reign, and went home to be a family man?

because he knew the blackhawks would be back in the playoffs and he wants to go again?

Bowser

have we gotten any reason as to why punk left yet? because he didnt want to fight kane at wm?

because he was upset taker was gonna lose?

because hhh wouldnt push him again?

because dbrine wasnt getting a push(hahah yeah right)

because he's a baby, got his money, his long title reign, and went home to be a family man?

because he knew the blackhawks would be back in the playoffs and he wants to go again?

Seems like a combination of burnout and being pissed that he wasn't in the Mania main event or in a high enough profile match at Mania.

This is speculation on my part but I think he probably saw the kind of push Bootista was given after being away from the company for a while (straight into the Mania main event) and probably thought he could leverage himself into a similar situation next year if he took the year off.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like a combination of burnout and being pissed that he wasn't in the Mania main event or in a high enough profile match at Mania.

This is speculation on my part but I think he probably saw the kind of push Bootista was given after being away from the company for a while (straight into the Mania main event) and probably also decided he could leverage himself into a similar situation next year if he took the year off.

I wonder what amazing movies he'll star in to get that Hollywood clout Big Dave has.

BTW Man with the Iron Fists is alright, Batista's definitely the coolest part of it hands down. Awesome visual design for him.

N86l6z8.png

zychi

Banned
I wonder what amazing movies he'll star in to get that Hollywood clout Big Dave has.

BTW Man with the Iron Fists is alright, Batista's definitely the coolest part of it hands down. Awesome visual design for him.

boo was the best part of the movie. the movie was terrible.

just cuz you like big muscly men dipped in gold, doesnt mean it makes a good movie, Vince.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
boo was the best part of the movie. the movie was terrible.

just cuz you like big muscly men dipped in gold, doesnt mean it makes a good movie, Vince.

I said it was alright! Just alright!

Wanted to like it more, but it was mostly dogshit, sadly. And I'm a big fan of shitty kung-fu movies.

Sokantish

This is speculation on my part but I think he probably saw the kind of push Bootista was given after being away from the company for a while (straight into the Mania main event) and probably thought he could leverage himself into a similar situation next year if he took the year off.

I think CM Punk said he wasn't really bothered by Batista coming back because unlike the other guys that just show up for big shows and make a few dates Batista was actually doing all the work like the house shows and stuff

Bowser

I think CM Punk said he wasn't really bothered by Batista coming back because unlike the other guys that just show up for big shows and make a few dates Batista was actually doing all the work like the house shows and stuff

He did indeed say that (in an interview with that MMA guy), but you'd still be hard pressed not to think he was a little miffed that a guy who left the biz for 4 years to pursue MMA/Hollywood came back and got shuttled straight to the main event of the biggest WM ever, regardless of if he was doing it part time or full time.

Will Kane get a new Mask and Outfit?

I'll be disappointed if he doesn't
He appeared on Main Event to attack Big Show with the most recent masked attire so prepare your disappointment as will I.
Also consider preparing further disappointment for the next exciting entry of the Kane vs Big Show saga that I expect will occur on Raw where Show looks for revenge only to get beaten down. It's as if these two have a link where they job to each other depending on who's being pushed, instant monsterfication process or something.

Possibly a new song, they had a band write a new one for him a couple of months ago but never used it.
I feel that giving Monster Kane lyrical entrance themes is as ill fitting as adding lyrics to Deadman Taker's entrance, it just seems so out of character.
Well with the exception of Taker's Johnny Cash shenanigans I guess.

I'm still confused why Punk had to end his year-long title reign against The Rock. Was The Rock vs Cena II not a big enough draw? RIP in peace Punk/Bryan main event for WM ;_;

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's amazing the rub Bruno gave to Larry. Even Larry said he rode that angle for 20 years. But what was most amazing was Vince was trying to turn it around as soon as Bruno was gone and make Larry lose all his heat. Larry would say, 'Well I can't pin him real quick, or that would make Bruno look bad. Bruno never pinned me,' And the agent would go, '....That's right.'

Super spot protection. If only Daniel Bryan employed that same rub from pinning Cena, but Cena ain't no Bruno draw.

Aiii

So not worth it
Real answer is, it's all guesswork. Only Triple H, Vince and Punk were in the meeting that ended up with Punk walking so only those three know the actual story, there are a few others that know only one side of the story, like Steph and other WWE execs knowing WWE's side and people like Heyman and AJ knowing Punk's side and none of these people are talking.

Maybe we'll end up getting the story when Punk's contract ends, but I can easily see a decade going by before we'll ever hear exactly what happened in that meeting.

Sblargh

Banned

From what I've heard in interviews and whatnot, I think Batista is a cool dude, he got caught off-guard by the booing and lashed out at the fans in the moment, but I think backstage, he pretty much does what is asked and respects/is respected by everyone in there.

He sounds like the opposite of his character, frankly.

I don't think Punk had any beef with him. Why would he? If the situations were reversed (and they might as well be in some years depending on what Punk does now), he would do the same, anyone would, why would you refuse getting a big paycheck to do what you used to do so well four years ago?

I think there's a bunch of things that contributed to Punk walking off, but I'm willing to bet Batista is very low on that list.

I'm still confused why Punk had to end his year-long title reign against The Rock. Was The Rock vs Cena II not a big enough draw? RIP in peace Punk/Bryan main event for WM ;_;

Losing your title to the Rock is just about the best way to lose it.

Super spot protection. If only Daniel Bryan employed that same rub from pinning Cena, but Cena ain't no Bruno draw.

It would have helped if he immediately didn't get pinned by one pedigree immediately after.

To make Cena vs Rock appear even bigger than the previous edition I guess they figured throwing the belt in the mix would achieve the desired effect, and then have Cena win it to make his victory look more definitive than Rock's previous win and further bolster his heroic escape from that devastating downward spiral he fell into over the previous 12 months.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Real answer is, it's all guesswork. Only Triple H, Vince and Punk were in the meeting that ended up with Punk walking so only those three know the actual story, there are a few others that know only one side of the story, like Steph and other WWE execs knowing WWE's side and people like Heyman and AJ knowing Punk's side and none of these people are talking.

Maybe we'll end up getting the story when Punk's contract ends, but I can easily see a decade going by before we'll ever hear exactly what happened in that meeting.
What really makes this incident unique is the fact that no one is talking.

When Austin left, they addressed it. When Warrior left, they addressed it. But here with Punk, all we get is silence. The question is why?

I get that WWE and Punk probably don't want to burn any bridges, but usually we'd get more than "He's on sabbatical, let's leave it at that."

jmdajr

He appeared on Main Event to attack Big Show with the most recent masked attire so prepare your disappointment as will I.
Also consider preparing further disappointment for the next exciting entry of the Kane vs Big Show saga that I expect will occur on Raw where Show looks for revenge only to get beaten down. It's as if these two have a link where they job to each other depending on who's being pushed, instant monsterfication process or something.

well that's' that :\

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Jimmies were rustled. Punk cut the best promo of his life in that office and we'll never get to hear it.

To make Cena vs Rock appear even bigger than the previous edition I guess they figured throwing the belt in the mix would achieve the desired effect, and then have Cena win it to make his victory look more definitive than Rock's previous win and further bolster his heroic escape from that devastating downward spiral he fell into over the previous 12 months.

They should have went the ol' fashioned route and make it a cage match or a street fight or something that would up the ante and allow Rock to do something besides run out of breath in the ring. I wanted to give that man an oxygen tank ten minutes into the match; Batista got winded just watching that shit.

Top Bottom