• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

2yzUruy.jpg

Damn you Ambrose...
I wonder if Renee is down with the swirl.

Sblargh

Banned
I bet Bryan wanting to wear jeans and sneakers to his wedding will make a very entertaining Total Divas episode.

Nikki will freak out because Nikki; Cena will be disappoint because Cena; Eva Marie will just kind of be there despiste not being friends with none of this people.

At the end, everyone will understand everyone else's side, Nikki will cry wishing her sister good luck, Cena will say Bryan is a hard working kid and Eva Marie still won't have any friends there.

I don't want to give the impression I'm on a "poor Punk" bandwagon, since the mothafucka is a millionaire with a body of work he could be proud of if he never came back. Punk is probably in his gigantic house, reading a comic book or something, and probably doesn't give a fuck what we all think happen, and is in no hurry to tell us, either.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't think there's any great story to Punk walking out. Guy was frustrated with his job and decided to quit since unlike most people, he doesn't have to worry about the bills getting paid next month. Good for him.

I wonder if Renee is down with the swirl.

Good question, friend.

Phatmac

Punk's still young but he started wrestling at an early age so I imagine that he just wanted a break from all of it. Being a wrestler seems like a tough job considering how busy you are all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if he just wanted some time off. The big problem to me was him leaving when wrestlemania was close. I'm sure the issue is bigger than this so I hope we hear it one day.

zychi

Banned
From what I've heard in interviews and whatnot, I think Batista is a cool dude, he got caught off-guard by the booing and lashed out at the fans in the moment, but I think backstage, he pretty much does what is asked and respects/is respected by everyone in there.

He sounds like the opposite of his character, frankly.

I don't think Punk had any beef with him. Why would he? If the situations were reversed (and they might as well be in some years depending on what Punk does now), he would do the same, anyone would, why would you refuse getting a big paycheck to do what you used to do so well four years ago?

I think there's a bunch of things that contributed to Punk walking off, but I'm willing to bet Batista is very low on that list.

i dont think punk had a problem with bootista, i think he had a problem that he wasnt in the title match at wrestlemania. if punk was younger, and had the opportunity, i'd bet my mortgage that he would try mma and want to be in a guardians of the galaxy movie. the dude is comic nerd, and practices mma in his free time.

he was also probably burned out, someone quoted something earlier in the thread that punk was just one big injury-ridden, but not serious enough for surgery.

the rock winning the title off punk was a joke, because of how long punk held it. it wasnt even "the rock" he lost too. it was dwayne "biggest movie star earner of 2013" johnson. who btw, didnt bring the title with him anywhere for promotions, so what was the point of him winning it? it could have been the co-main even of wm29. punk v whoever was #3 at the time (del rio i think?)

i'm excited for a bootista v db potential summers slam matchup. ive always liked big dave, i just didnt like him interfering with db's push

I bet Bryan wanting to wear jeans and sneakers to his wedding will make a very entertaining Total Divas episode.

i'm betting the photos we're seeing is the total divas wedding, and db and brie had an actual private thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's amazing the rub Bruno gave to Larry. Even Larry said he rode that angle for 20 years. But what was most amazing was Vince was trying to turn it around as soon as Bruno was gone and make Larry lose all his heat. Larry would say, 'Well I can't pin him real quick, or that would make Bruno look bad. Bruno never pinned me,' And the agent would go, '....That's right.'

Super spot protection. If only Daniel Bryan employed that same rub from pinning Cena, but Cena ain't no Bruno draw.

Yeah, it's CRAZY how much Bruno gave Larry. Really big stuff. Just huge.

jmdajr

I'm surprised how young Micheal Hayes retired. He also started when he was a teen ager.

Sometimes body just says..NOPE. You have to listen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised how young Micheal Hayes retired. He also started when he was a teen ager.

Sometimes body just says..NOPE. You have to listen.

Yeah it's nuts how young he was. ol Dok Hendrix was such a slap!

Sephzilla

What really makes this incident unique is the fact that no one is talking.

When Austin left, they addressed it. When Warrior left, they addressed it. But here with Punk, all we get is silence. The question is why?

I get that WWE and Punk probably don't want to burn any bridges, but usually we'd get more than "He's on sabbatical, let's leave it at that."

Gotta be real, Punk is not on Austin or even Warrior's level. Warrior was red hot when he pulled his stuff, and Austin is the most popular wrestler of all time. With all due respect to Punk, he's maybe not even the biggest star of his era.

I think blonde dudes have an advantage when it comes to balding because the contrast from hair to scalp isn't as severe as someone with dark hair. And when you shave it, you can probably get away with a few days worth of stubble without it being noticeable. Whereas with darker hair, even if you shave super close and against the grain you can still see the a difference between the top of the head and the sides.

I dont know why Ambrose wets his hair since that just makes it noticeable. If he wrestled with dry hair or a short haircut, we probably wouldn't even notice.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Gotta be real, Punk is not on Austin or even Warrior's level. Warrior was red hot when he pulled his stuff, and Austin is the most popular wrestler of all time. With all due respect to Punk, he's maybe not even the biggest star of his era.

Very true, but at the same time, WWE is not a company to remain silent when stuff happens.

Sephzilla

I think blonde dudes have an advantage when it comes to balding because the contrast from hair to scalp isn't as severe as someone with dark hair. And when you shave it, you can probably get away with a few days worth of stubble without it being noticeable. Whereas with darker hair, even if you shave super close and against the grain you can still see the a difference between the top of the head and the sides.

I dont know why Ambrose wets his hair since that just makes it noticeable. If he wrestled with dry hair or a short haircut, we probably wouldn't even notice.

Is there an explanation for why guys wet down their hair before they wrestle? I've always speculated that it makes the hair easier to manage and helps keep stray hairs out of their face/eyes or something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ply is beautiful.

Also, I started rolling out my warm weather jams and I want to date Bethany Cosentino more than ever
Best+Coast1-thumb-485x662.jpg

tumblr_mq7bhmTlM81qa2pgko1_500.jpg

I just want to get high with her and watch WWF Saturday Night's Main Event :(

Who's that little hipster? Has she done anything? Legitimate, not a shitty music career.

strobogo

Banned

In wrasslin parlance, we call this the Hardcore Holly Theory.

Pavaloo

I think the thing that bothers me most about Punk leaving is the missed opportunity to say that Kane destroyed him. Don't even make it about Punk, make it about how devastating Kane was at RR.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think the thing that bothers me most about Punk leaving is the missed opportunity to say that Kane destroyed him. Don't even make it about Punk, make it about how devastating Kane was at RR.

Punk's about Punk, brahs.
Kurt Angle's ever graceful moonsault must have a single digit success rate at this point

There was that one time he broke Bob Holly's arm. That's about it.

Adam Rose is one of the corniest gimmicks WWE has come up with in a while. Trust falls and bunnies? (BUNNIES! I LIKE BUNNIES! BUNNIES HOP, LIKE THIS). I'm surprised someone like DMczaf marks for this guy, then again DM has been getting soft as the years go by.

I feel like every gimmick, no matter how outlandish, has to somehow tie in to wrestling, fighting, combat, competition, etc. With Rose, all I see is some disgusting, sinewy, strung out PG-rated rockstar. I'm supposed to believe this guy can fight? Really?

Pavaloo

wait, the singer of best coast is into wrasslin and total divas?

;____; that's a keeper
Adam Rose is one of the corniest gimmicks WWE has come up with in a while. Trust falls and bunnies? (BUNNIES! I LIKE BUNNIES! BUNNIES HOP, LIKE THIS). I'm surprised someone like DMczaf marks for this guy, then again DM has been getting soft as the years go by.

I feel like every gimmick, no matter how outlandish, has to somehow tie in to wrestling, fighting, combat, competition, etc. With Rose, all I see is some disgusting, sinewy, strung out PG-rated rockstar. I'm supposed to believe this guy can fight? Really?

it's really easy to turn this around

"EVERY MATCH IS A PARTY, YEAH"

jmdajr

I thought WWE network would work in Mexico but I was wrong.

Netflix still is the best streaming service bar none. No bullshit hurdles.

Top Bottom