• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

ef7fb3e71c5e23a99b6c0f7ec8761ca4.jpg

"Last one there is the next TNA World Heavyweight Champion..!"

Aiii

So not worth it
He really hates her because

1. She isn't AJ
2. She has the audacity to support her lover by wearing dragons on her gear and doing YES chants

Wow. Seriously? I thought those things were pretty cute and AJ's been doing the same thing. Her doing a "pipe bombshell" and having a shirt that is similar to one of Punk's older ones. It's hypocritical and a dumb reason to hate someone anyway.

Nope, that's not at all what I was saying, but Strobogo decided to dislike me so now everything I say is because I like AJ.

The reason I dislike Brie leeching off of Bryan is because that's all Brie has, the audience is supposed to like her because it seems to me "you really like Daniel Bryan, so here's his real life wife and you like her too now." While in fact Brie Bella has done nothing to actually make me like her as a babyface. She has not had a proper face turn except for "She's a Total Divas and all Total Divas are faces now" and has done nothing of note in the ring or outside of the ring. No meaningful programs and no meaningful matches.

I'm fine with her supporting her man, good on her, but I dislike that both her and Nikki are completely reduced to "they are in love in real life with these two babyfaces, so now you must like them too" and that's just not the case, because their personalities haven't changed since they were heels and they're still not relatable. My comments were aimed at that, if Brie and Nikki want to get over as faces, then do stuff that makes me care about them as faces and not go to "this woman's man is someone you like, so like her too." And because Brie and Nikki Bella haven't done anything to make me invested in them as faces I still dislike them as much as everyone did before we found out that she was dating Daniel Bryan. I have said in the past I think she's improved a bit in the ring, which is a good start, now give me a reason to like you because you're you, because to me in character you're still Brie and Nikki Bella who made a pregnant woman cry because you said she was fat and ugly.

This is the one and only time I'm explaining this, so continue to give me shit about it, please.

Nope, that's not at all what I was saying, but Strobogo decided to dislike me so now everything I say is because I like AJ.

The reason I dislike Brie leeching off of Bryan is because that's all Brie has, the audience is supposed to like her because it seems to me "you really like Daniel Bryan, so here's his real life wife and you like her too now." While in fact Brie Bella has done nothing to actually make me like her as a babyface. She has not had a proper face turn except for "She's a Total Divas and all Total Divas are faces now" and has done nothing of note in the ring or outside of the ring. No meaningful programs and no meaningful matches.

I'm fine with her supporting her man, good on her, but I dislike that both her and Nikki are completely reduced to "they are in love in real life with these two babyfaces, so now you must like them too" and that's just not the case, because their personalities haven't changed since they were heels and they're still not relatable. My comments were aimed at that, if Brie and Nikki want to get over as faces, then do stuff that makes me care about them as faces and not go to "this woman's man is someone you like, so like her too." And because Brie and Nikki Bella haven't done anything to make me invested in them as faces I still dislike them as much as everyone did before we found out that she was dating Daniel Bryan. I have said in the past I think she's improved a bit in the ring, which is a good start, now give me a reason to like you because you're you, because to me in character you're still Brie and Nikki Bella who made a pregnant woman cry because you said she was fat and ugly.

This is the one and only time I'm explaining this, so continue to give me shit about it, please.

you got some issues.

I wonder if they are going to do anything with Brie / Bryan on the main show or was having her in the opening just a quick and dirty way to try add a bit of tension to the story when Bryan was clearly not in a place to do much of anything.

I wonder if they are going to do anything with Brie / Bryan on the main show or was having her in the opening just a quick and dirty way to try add a bit of tension to the story when Bryan was clearly not in a place to do much of anything.
Probably your second theory, they always have another wrassler accompanying an injured one when he/she's stretchered out.

geomon

Live sex celebration.

The only recentish US champs I can remember off the top of my head are Dolph, Bryan, Ambrose, Cesaro, Kofi, Miz, and I think Ryder had it at some point (which is a miracle in its own right).

I remember Bryan's pretty well because of those amazeball matches he had with Dolph and Dibiase...
I think that's actually all of them in the last few years, except Ryder lost it to Jack Swagger who later lost it to Santino

Sokantish

Why did the Raiders dump Pryor?

They were never going to let him play another game because they want a boring QB that can't run for 93 yards on the first play of the game! Or maybe they want a QB that can pass, I don't believe that though because they made Schaub the starter!

This way at least they get another draft pick to screw up instead of just letting some dude warm the bench

i don't disagree with Aiii here but dude overreacted hardcore when he saw them dragons on Brie's gear, because a homage like that has nothing to do with the point he's making right here

Agreed. I wish a few of our friends here in WrassleGAF should lighten up. I honestly thought that when I said "Sunday Night Heat" that would be a cue for people to realize I was joking. Again, I apologize if I was taken seriously. I was trying to bring a smile to everyone's day.

Sunday Night Heat is back on the air?! This better not be a joke or I'm gonna be real mad.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The Divas division gets a combined 15 minutes of tv time a week across Raw, Smackdown, Superstars and Main Event and heel/face alignment is determined by clusterfuck 8 woman tag team matches. Considering that, it's kind of ridiculous to ask Nikki, Brie or any other diva to get over on their own.

That being said, I'm not really sure what the point was of having Brie out there doing Yes chants tonight. Maybe they'll go somewhere with that though.

Agreed. I wish a few of our friends here in WrassleGAF should lighten up. I honestly thought that when I said "Sunday Night Heat" that would be a cue for people to realize I was joking. Again, I apologize if I was taken seriously. I was trying to bring a smile to everyone's day.
Sunday Night Heat still airs for me, dammit!

They were never going to let him play another game because they want a boring QB that can't run for 93 yards on the first play of the game! Or maybe they want a QB that can pass, I don't believe that though because they made Schaub the starter!

This way at least they get another draft pick to screw up instead of just letting some dude warm the bench
Brie Bella could throw a football with more velocity than Matt Schaub.
The Divas division gets a combined 15 minutes of tv time a week across Raw, Smackdown, Superstars and Main Event and heel/face alignment is determined by clusterfuck 8 woman tag team matches. Considering that, it's kind of ridiculous to ask Nikki, Brie or any other diva to get over on their own.

That being said, I'm not really sure what the point was of having Brie out there doing Yes chants tonight. Maybe they'll go somewhere with that though.
Maybe she just got tired of hanging out backstage. Come to think of it, I don't think there were any Total Divas featured besides her tonight, I might be wrong though.

Heel

Sunday Night Heat is back on the air?! This better not be a joke or I'm gonna be real mad.

Sunday Night Heat still airs for me, dammit!

Sunday Night Heat, forever in my mind's eye.

It's possible she was there to support her husband for a very emotional moment in his life, in which he is expected to maintain kayfabe. As Aiii likely noticed, and quietly disapproved of, she was caressing Daniel's arm as Stephanie walked down the ramp.

Aiii

So not worth it
i don't disagree with Aiii here but dude overreacted hardcore when he saw them dragons on Brie's gear, because a homage like that has nothing to do with the point he's making right here

Fine, I guess I picked the wrong time to make my point and should have waited for a more blatant example than Brie posting that on her Twitter, but I think it was also in response to her complaining that Triple H decided to not let her come out and celebrate alongside Bryan because I felt it would have taken away from Bryan IIRC.

It's possible she was there to support her husband for a very emotional moment in his life, in which he is expected to maintain kayfabe. As Aiii likely noticed, and quietly disapproved of, she was caressing Daniel's arm as Stephanie walked down the ramp.

I'm done with this.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

I suppose that's likely but you could have had Kane immediately attack Bryan upon his entrance, completely cutting out Steph's promo, and not really have lost anything from that segment.

Top Bottom