• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anybody else find it sad that the whole noh8 thing is more of a gimmick that people use because other famous people did it than an actual movement?

I wouldn't be surprised if half of them didn't even know what it meant other than 'it looked cool'

You guys won't trick me into listening to Ryback commentary, I'm onto you
I can trick you into watching an Usos/Rhodes match though, especially if i tell you that it's a great match that has a finish you wouldn't expect
in that Cody gets pinned without even being hit with a finisher

Vylash

I can trick you into watching an Usos/Rhodes match though, especially if i tell you that it's a great match that has a finish you wouldn't expect
in that Cody gets pinned without even being hit with a finisher

Big push followed by a ridiculous burial, poor Cody, it's Legacy all over again

KissVibes

Banned
Oh yeah, we also got signs that Cody will unfortunately go back to being a heel after some bullshit pre-show match with Goldust instead of a respectful WrestleMania retirement match.

I honestly believe that they hate the Rhodes. Mostly Vince, obviously.

Cody should've won that fucking briefcase and cashed it in on Cena, instead of it being wasted on Sandow (only good thing we got is that leather briefcase). Orton vs Rhodes for unification sounds 1000% better than what we got.

PInk Tape

Banned
You know what's weird guys? They won't do intergender matches in WWE, to the point where tag-matches have rules where when one woman gets tagged in, the other team has to tag as well.

But then they have no problem with doing midget-wrestling where the little people are able to fight the big men. If the argument is the women can't match up with the men because of the power difference, then the same should be applying here.

I personally would love to see a woman/man matchup but there are others out there who don't want to see a woman get "hurt" or others that think it wouldn't make sense because women aren't as physically strong as men.

Vylash

I personally would love to see a woman/man matchup but there are others out there who don't want to see a woman get "hurt" or others that think it wouldn't make sense because women aren't as physically strong as men.

Not to mention that most guys probably won't wanna lose to a girl for typical idiotic reasons

Drew just got pinned by a little person dressed as a bull, getting pinned by a woman would not be more humiliating
but also more realistic
Cody would be a much better Aces & Eights leader than AJ
he'd be a better TNA Champion than Eric Young and Magnus combined

basically, Cody Rhodes is tight

Aiii

So not worth it
Cody obviously botched or got the blame for a botch during their program with the New Age Outlaws. Not sure what it was, might be something on a house show, or maybe it was the botched spot in the cage where he wasn't caught on the way down, maybe they blame that on him for doing the spot wrong?

I dunno, but I suppose it's something like that that is getting him buried.

On the other hand, it might just be backstage politics, maybe he complained too much when they ended up not doing Goldust vs. Cody at Mania.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It would be the kiss of death for your career to be pinned by a woman half your size. I don't think that's an idiotic reason.

Aiii

So not worth it
It would be the kiss of death for your career to be pinned by a woman half your size. I don't think that's an idiotic reason.

There's ways around it. Tapping to the Black Widow doesn't seem that out there. Now I can imagine Paige not being able to lift most of the men for her submission, but they can easily give women a finishing move that is at least somewhat believable against men.

I mean, there's plenty of offence smaller people use against big people that can come off as believable. Huricanrana's and tilt-a-whirls or something.

I don't see this as a problem that can't be solved really.

Aiii

So not worth it
So I'm now watching the tag match and without trying to be a mark, I totally want AJ and Ryback on commentary permanently so they can spend the entire night burying Cole and JBL when they say dumb shit.

Gorillaz

Catching up on the thread since I missed the final part but had to come back to this

Kczze0f.png

Beef holds the L for the night.

Zertez

I was wondering why they knocked Bryan Daniel out so early, especially since he was out last week and he is the Champ, but then I saw the news of his father passing away and I was surprised he held it together on the show. I cant imagine the roller coaster of emotions he has been on this month. He reached the top of his profession on the biggest stage in the industry, then he gets married the next week, only to find out his father has passed when he gets back. There is a half week next week, hopefully he doesnt get hit with anything else. Every April a lot of emotions are going to come back to the surface. It will start when WM ramps up, then dealing with your wedding anniversary and spending the last part of the month thinking about your dad. I feel for the guy, there is never a good time to lose a parent, but Im glad my father didnt pass near life changing great moments.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kane vs Daniel Bryan ... in 2014
Cena not giving Wyatt anything to build him.

The WM buzz is officially gone for me. Back to just watching NJPW.

KissVibes

Banned
On the topic of HotRod, let's talk about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OR4HSS2QxY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHef58-CcI8

This was a shoot, right? Rowdy seems to be drunk as fuck. Vince totally suggests he sucks dick.

Sounds to me like it's more like he's saying he accidentally led him on and then turned him down or something like that.

It sounds like he said he fucked him.

I dunno, the way he carries himself is weird. As if Patterson molested him.

Piper has also said previously that he thinks PP killed Owen, so hey.

Aiii

So not worth it
I like how Cena's poll is basically:
38% Like John Cena
9% Sort of dislike John Cena
53% WANT JOHN CENA TO SUFFER HORRIBLY.

And then JBL goes "Could be the fact that the John Cena fans have a lot of confidence in him."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The worst thing about Johnathan is his insistence and WWE's insistence that ANY reaction is good.

You're a face. You're a fucking apple pie, baseball, leave it to beaver face, fuckwad. You're not a tweener, you're not an anti-hero. You getting booed isn't you doing a good job. It's you being a poor babyface.

Marvel

could never
Dragonzord knows what's up.

Top babyface being constantly booed is a catastrophic failure, Rock changed it up when it happened to him multiple times. And rightly so.

Aiii

So not worth it

Top babyface being constantly booed is a catastrophic failure, Rock changed it up when it happened to him multiple times. And rightly so.

Yeah well, Meltzer says his merchandising sales were 5 times that of the number 2 last month.

So there you go.

Ithil

Hey, they spent years refusing to change Cena but trying endless useless ways to make the crowd like him like pairing him with popular wrestlers or pandering to everyone, and when that didn't work, they did the only logical thing, which was not to change Cena, but to just claim the negative crowd reaction is "the crowd having fun" or "controversy" or "they don't really mean it".

Ithil

Yeah well, Meltzer says his merchandising sales were 5 times that of the number 2 last month.

So there you go.

That's because he is literally covered from head to toe in merchandise at all times of his life, any time there is a camera near. And he changes the merchandise three times a year.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's because he is literally covered from head to toe in merchandise at all times of his life, any time there is a camera near. And he changes the merchandise three times a year.

I dunno, that's reversed reasoning I think. He has a lot of merchandise because he sells a lot of merchandise, not the other way around.

They do that to all the top stars though, you can easily tell who's selling and who's not by going to WWE Shop and seeing how many different types of merch a person has.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No one said that. Piper's a crazy old man, a proven liar and I don't recall anyone here ever defending him much. On the other hand, why is Nash exempt from criticism again?

When did I say he was exempt? I was more just pointing out the fucking dogpile mentality on wrasslegaf anytime someone has an issue with a wrestler. 'Guys, I don't like JR' suddenly, 50 people appear to dogpile on him and claim they never liked him.

When did I say he was exempt? I was more just pointing out the fucking dogpile mentality on wrasslegaf anytime someone has an issue with a wrestler. 'Guys, I don't like JR' suddenly, 50 people appear to dogpile on him and claim they never liked him.

Oh, my bad. We actually had that with Piper a week or two ago when Stro went on a rant about how Piper's just awful and obnoxious and I was pretty surprised by how many agreed with him.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh, my bad. We actually had that with Piper a week or two ago when Stro went on a rant about how Piper's just awful and obnoxious and I was pretty surprised by how many agreed with him.

I think it's pretty much accepted that Piper almost always lies through his teeth in interviewers ("he misremembers"). It's pretty much the same deal as Hogan.

Doesn't make him a bad wrestler though, but in real life, can't trust a word the man says. It's the main reason I have no interest in his podcast at all.

Nash blowing his lid over things Piper says is pretty much pointless though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I may have started the 'shit on Piper' thing, but it was entirely in-ring. I'm more bothered by the bashing of wrestlers as people rather than their ability in the ring. I understand wrestlers being old fashioned and saying stupid things, but the aggression people respond with is just ridiculous. It's never an attempt to educate, it's always 'THIS MOTHER FUCKER'

Striker

The "unofficial" official rulebook is that you get one save in a tag match, which they used when Cena put Harper in the STF.
They change rules on the fly so that's probably why it's never specified during or before a match. Harry Smith mentioned how silly the rule was, and how the commentators never clue the audience in how things like that work.

Either way, a DQ ending in chair shot or something to Cena would've been a million times better than the actual result. A heel tactic, for once.

Aiii

So not worth it
FAVE FIVE WRESTLERS THAT WON THE WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE IN 1999:
1. ----- ------
2. Diamond Dallas Page
3. Sid Vicious
4. Abeyance
Actually Sting though
5. Bret Hart

Aiii

So not worth it
Seeing that description on Urban Dictionary reminds me of that one biology lesson that for some reason had us do internet research and that somehow taught me that can actually happen to vagina's when women get older.

I was scarred then and I am scarred now. Thanks for that TODD.

Top Bottom