• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Stro, I got you a gift.
tumblr_mnduetpnrF1r7dh6wo1_500.jpg

jmdajr

Wow how condescending..

SAN ANTONIO — Surprise!

A man who made a living wearing skimpy tights, a leather vest and wrestling other oiled-up men on camera has thrown his support behind gay marriage.

Stone Cold Steve Austin, a professional wrestling legend and proud Texan, took to the airwaves last week on his podcast to discuss the controversial issue of gay marriage.

link

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Neogaf was just blocked at work today. God help me.

Try neogaf.net or maybe remote to your home computer to access it? Smartphone? Use your 4g network to access GAF Mobile. THERES OPTIONS, BROTHER! We will help!

jmdajr

You know the Hispanic community is supposed to be liberal, but they still turn their back on such issues.

Fuck your so called machismo.

Hasney

Stro, I got you a gift.
tumblr_mnduetpnrF1r7dh6wo1_500.jpg

I saw that when I was on holiday in Spain when I was 16. I almost bought it, but fortunately they had a sample... Good god that was horrible. It had a deeper smell than Old Spice, but almost sweaty. They had an NBA that smelled almost exactly the same, so I guess some company got a bunch of licenses at the time and just shoved a brand on a bunch of bottles.

jmdajr

I saw that when I was on holiday in Spain when I was 16. I almost bought it, but fortunately they had a sample... Good god that was horrible. It had a deeper smell than Old Spice, but almost sweaty. They had an NBA that smelled almost exactly the same, so I guess some company got a bunch of licenses at the time and just shoved a brand on a bunch of bottles.

Oh... it's real??????

strobogo

Banned
I think it's pretty much accepted that Piper almost always lies through his teeth in interviewers ("he misremembers"). It's pretty much the same deal as Hogan.

Doesn't make him a bad wrestler though, but in real life, can't trust a word the man says. It's the main reason I have no interest in his podcast at all.

Nash blowing his lid over things Piper says is pretty much pointless though.

No no, Piper was indeed a terrible wrestler. It made all the sense in the world to me when he revealed on Austin's podcast that he was never actually trained. His matches had no psychology, everything he did looked bad, he couldn't take a normal bump, and he never helped put anyone over except Bret at WM8. He was an awful wrestler. Would have been a top tier manager, though.

He's pretty objectively bad in the ring and that isn't some contrarian internet opinion, as that was always the thought on him going back to the 80s.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He started as a manager, that's why. He was so good that they just kept throwing him in the ring and eventually he became what he is.

He's basically anti DDP, a manager turned wrestler who learned how to do it really really well.

jmdajr

Traditional family values*

I'm glad my mom isn't like that, and she's a pretty devote christian. Never taught us to be down on gay people.

My dad, he's got his opinions, but he kept them to himself.

edit: now apologizing.

Kolten Parker ‏@KoltenParker 14m

@jasonmsaul @lmcgaughy sorry you don't like it, I thought it was funny. Definitely didn't come from a homophobic place.

May be the case, but the man has no sense.

Laserfrog

Legit shook gif comics? What if the gifs were WebMs... Wait that'd be a video at that point. Legit shook merchandise... Let's have a competition, let's all design the most garish horrible T-shirt designs and the worst (best) one wins.

PInk Tape

Banned
Whoever wrote that obviously loves pro wrestling and is against using social stereotypes that are untrue to make their article "entertaining" without putting any effort in. Bravo.

Also, I don't remember Austin wearing baby oil ever.

Hasney

Liking this Legends of Wrestlemania now Josh is hosting this one. If they do future ones, I hope it's less clip heavy and a subject where people can argue and disagree. Obviously it makes sense for this one, but if they're not going back to the old format and still doing new ones, they still need a few tweaks.

Legit shook gif comics? What if the gifs were WebMs... Wait that'd be a video at that point. Legit shook merchandise... Let's have a competition, let's all design the most garish horrible T-shirt designs and the worst (best) one wins.

We'll be able to whip up shirt designs that'll even eat Jomospaiens lunch if we simply study WWE's own merchandise.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Really like Ancient VVisdom, Sandman. Thanks for the recommend.

JavyOO7

I never saw the R-Truth where he was a heel but supposedly he was pretty entertaining. I only saw one where he was dressed in a confederate suit. It was actually pretty funny until Cena came in and took a poop on the segment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I never saw the R-Truth where he was a heel but supposedly he was pretty entertaining. I only saw one where he was dressed in a confederate suit. It was actually pretty funny until Cena came in and took a poop on the segment.

He was pretty awesome. I loved his little heel run he got to do.

Marvel

could never

Dude he was hilarious.

Deranged as fuck, shame it went no where.

Top Bottom