• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ar nosurge |OT| – Class__EXPAJA;

If anyone's trying Vet mode and has gotten to Phase 2, don't try to progress in Delta + Cass's route first. You'll get destroyed by a boss, which is all manners of insane. Unless you're masochistic I suggest you drop down the difficulty. If you want to beat it on Vet, try Zapping at the start of Phase 2.

Ion+Earthes Phase 2 is much nicer, and after the first boss of I+E's route you'll unlock another synthesis shop which starts carrying some really powerful healing items that are necessary for beating the boss.

While I like the difficulty of Vet mode bosses, the mechanics make it really frustrating to fight. If a boss does more damage than a single bar of shield per turn even with perfect guarding, it's utterly impossible to raise harmonics. I had to beat the D+C Phase 2 boss by buying 30 healing items and whittling it down at harmonics level 0.

So I'm early in phase 3 now (just
met Shirotaka again at Singing Hill
.) Difficulty has jumped up a bit, though maybe I'm just behind on crafting.

One thing that bugged me about the end of phase 2 is that
when Delta is talking to you directly pretty much all you can choose are "asshole" answers. I really wanted to be able to apologize to Delta for fucking him up so much.

kiryogi

Banned
So I'm early in phase 3 now (just
met Shirotaka again at Singing Hill
.) Difficulty has jumped up a bit, though maybe I'm just behind on crafting.

One thing that bugged me about the end of phase 2 is that
when Delta is talking to you directly pretty much all you can choose are "asshole" answers. I really wanted to be able to apologize to Delta for fucking him up so much.

Nope it's quite leap until you can level up a bit. Facing 50-70 wave encounters at this point. Fun fun!

redhairedking

AssuredMaleFawn.gif

THIS GAME

I love this

galvenize

I'm liking the music in the purification sites, so lovely. Also complete Introvert Masochist Ion in battle is gonna drive me crazy.

Shingro

What's the easiest way to increase score in battle? It appears that getting multiple kills in a round doesn't really boost it over getting the kills individually. Song magic also seems to get you more bonuses then normal stabbing. any particular insight for trying to crack "A" ranking?

Edit: Also, I'd say Lyner is the weakest of the protagonists. He's just called upon to be a cheerleader in the cosmospheres, where Aoto has a lot more complications to endure, and navigates them (in time)

I just can't see Lyner handling a cosmosphere like Finnel's. Either way, Aoto deserves credit for his work there and elsewhere in the Origin's sphere and suchlike.

OceanBlue

I'm liking the music in the purification sites, so lovely. Also complete Introvert Masochist Ion in battle is gonna drive me crazy.

The characters sound different in battle due to personality?! There was one battle I had where Cass sounded different but I couldn't tell why. Well, time to spend all of the DP I've accumulated lol.

kiryogi

Banned
The characters sound different in battle due to personality?! There was one battle I had where Cass sounded different but I couldn't tell why. Well, time to spend all of the DP I've accumulated lol.

Yup! Notice their Sadistic/Masochistic tendencies on the Genomap? I've intentionally avoided discussion on this topic prior to launch.

I'm not sure I can take 67 hours of this.

And that was on normal mode too! :D I loved every single hour of it so. I've gotten the impression from places that phase 1 Delta is sorta meh to folks, but once you get Ion and move onto future phases, they really warm up to the game.

Oh I also forget for new players, if you haven't noticed yet, you can carry over harmonics burst from previous battles if you didn't use them. Keep this is mind prior to going into a boss battle if you failed the first time.

kiryogi

Banned
I just assumed it affected your Song Magic. :<

Here's a really good explaination on it on Gamefaqs:

It does change the inclinations in combat IE support or song damage up whatnot. It also changes how the singers react in battle, that much should be clear when you hear them. And how it works is based off your behavior in the genometrics. Meanwhile manipulating it, using certain songs will cause the girl's personality to shift over time. Check in the Encyclopedia on which sides shift in which direction. Quantum Nova and Heart of Light are default, so using those will gradually shift you back to normal. While some other songs are on the extreme side of the spectrum, but part of it too is what the chain partner's personality is. So depending how you developed the chain partner's personality will determine the inclination influence the affiliated song will have on the singer's personality.

Also, somewhat positive news, IF Gust acts on it. Oh how much I love KT Europe being transparent.

KOEI TECMO EUROPE @koeitecmoeurope · 9h

#Arnosurge trophies and some feedback will be passed to the team. Of course we have to wait until they get back to us so we can reply you.

So I read a (spoiler-light) guide to the game's endings. Just to double-check,
are there any endings that I'll lock myself out of when I synth the "ultimate item"?

kiryogi

Banned
So I read a (spoiler-light) guide to the game's endings. Just to double-check,
are there any endings that I'll lock myself out of when I synth the "ultimate item"?
You miss out on the normal endings. Just make a save before you synth it.

Shingro

Just finishing up chapter one, and I forgot to steal from the chapter one boss! I never see an ending screen, so perhaps stealing doesn't matter? Or is the screen itself the only think skipped and awarded items/dp/exp/stolen stuff still awarded?

Just finishing up chapter one, and I forgot to steal from the chapter one boss! I never see an ending screen, so perhaps stealing doesn't matter? Or is the screen itself the only think skipped and awarded items/dp/exp/stolen stuff still awarded?

You don't get shit for beating bosses in this game.

On another note, which I found on gamefaqs and confirmed by testing, TxBios are broken.
Equipping to Song Lvl 1 is useless. These effects NEVER activate.
Effects equipped to SL2 activate at Harmonics 1. SL3 at Harmonics 2. SL4 at Harmonics 3.

Vylash

I still don't understand equipment or skills or anything, but hey i've been doing fine so far so whatever

also someone please give me the name of the song that
Kanon
sings at Sharl Road, i need it so badly

Fauve

On another note, which I found on gamefaqs and confirmed by testing, TxBios are broken.
Effects equipped to SL2 activate at Harmonics 1. SL3 at Harmonics 2. SL4 at Harmonics 3.

I'm not sure about items but I believe you do get exp after boss fights, it just doesn't show the results screen. On another note, theres a steal ability?

My LE order came in! It looks so good, I don't know if I want to break the seal

Haven't been able to play it as much as I want. I decided to restart on the hardest difficulty to refresh my memory

EDIT:
And that was on normal mode too! :D I loved every single hour of it so. I've gotten the impression from places that phase 1 Delta is sorta meh to folks, but once you get Ion and move onto future phases, they really warm up to the game.
On second thought, do you recommend my first playthrough on Normal? I thought the battles were a bit easy

kiryogi

Banned
My LE order came in! It looks so good, I don't know if I want to break the seal

Haven't been able to play it as much as I want. I decided to restart on the hardest difficulty to refresh my memory

EDIT:

On second thought, do you recommend my first playthrough on Normal? I thought the battles were a bit easy

If you actually want a challenge and boss battles not to last 30 seconds, play on hard or vet. It's a bit anticlimatic when you get to a boss and they don't last for more than a minute D: My NA playthrough is on hard right now personally.

Durante

I'm still on Veteran, but I wish I could have Hard for some of the major boss battles (which get a bit insane on vet) and Veteran for anything else. I tried Hard for a bit and the normal battles are just too trivially easy (at least after getting used to vet).

PhleBuster

Neo Member
What's the easiest way to increase score in battle? It appears that getting multiple kills in a round doesn't really boost it over getting the kills individually. Song magic also seems to get you more bonuses then normal stabbing. any particular insight for trying to crack "A" ranking?

I'm also wondering about this. Beating battles without enemy even getting a turn, and I've never gotten above B for ranking. I'm clearly overlooking something so I'd like to just know what the ranking is actually based on so I know what I should do "better".

Lusankya

I just got my copy of the game, however I still haven't finished the detailed summary of Ciel nosurge (I am only at chapter 5). Is it okay to start with Ar nosurge already and play/read both of them simultaneously or will Ar immediately spoil Ciel for me?

galvenize

Ion on veteran is a pain in the ass altough I'm starting to clear all waves a bit better now. but then
Nay
boss battle appears and... Can't do shit.

I just got my copy of the game, however I still haven't finished the detailed summary of Ciel nosurge (I am only at chapter 5). Is it okay to start with Ar nosurge already and play/read both of them simultaneously or will Ar immediately spoil Ciel for me?

Ciel before Ar for optimal enjoyablity. It picks up at later chapters so you REALLY have to finish it.

Effects equipped to SL2 activate at Harmonics 1. SL3 at Harmonics 2. SL4 at Harmonics 3

... Is that exclusive to our version of the game or is the japanese ver. also broken?

Also I have a question near the end of chapter 1 when
Ion and Delta&Cass fight each other. I fought as Delta but was it possible to fight as Ion? Also it just feels weird to see them try to kill Ion after all they've been through in Ciel (altough Delta is excused).
Actually, most of the time it feels like some of the events in Ciel never happened. First of all
how is Kanon even alive when it's been confirmed she dissapeared?
I also feel Nay is acting a bit too coldly at Ion when they meet for the first time
I've got many questions regarding the events between Ciel and Ar.
Hardcore Ciel spoilers ahead:
How many people have hibernated? Do they know they've hibernated for 5000 years? If they don't, why aren't they surprised at everything that has happened during those 5000 years? Was there an empress while Nay was asleep? SO MANY THINGS THAT MAKE NO SENSE
I suppose all of it will be explained in future chapters. Hope it will.

pixxxelz

I really need to stop preordering games.
I didn't expect Destiny to be so good...now my backlog contains Escha/Logy, ToX2, SAO, and this game...all within one month =(.
I'm on the exact same boat, no escha/logy for me though but I'm getting persona 4 ultimax today ×_×

PhleBuster

Neo Member

Is there a list of all known issues somewhere...? Some of them are pretty subtle and easy to miss, like this one, but would be good to know about.

Wow...

Thanks for telling! Time for me to change my setup.

I just beat an annoying boss on Earthes and Ion's route. Sometimes the game stutters during a boss' attack and it makes it hard to guard properly. Still playing on vet. :)

Also, did Actill localize this? I'm a little annoyed by the number of typos and text errors I've spotted and I think they were a couple sentences that didn't make any sense. It's not Ar tonelico 2 bad, but we've come a long way since then and it annoys me after Ar tonelico 3 and Atelier Rorona-Ayesha have been proofread and edited pretty well. Not that big a deal. It's only been here and there, but still very noticable.

Vylash

Also, did Actill localize this? I'm a little annoyed by the number of typos and text errors I've spotted and I think they were a couple sentences that didn't make any sense. It's not Ar tonelico 2 bad, but we've come a long way since then and it annoys me after Ar tonelico 3 and Atelier Rorona-Ayesha have been proofread and edited pretty well. Not that big a deal. It's only been here and there, but still very noticable.

nope, just regular TK

So as said I don't really have the time to play the game but since I was curious I started to read the Ciel summery and am now up to Chapter 7 after two days and really I can't stop reading! I was always fascinated with the lore, history and technology of the universe but having never played much of them Ciel is on another level. Some many interesting things, Genoms, Cielnotrons, txBIOS, Genometrics... it's really interesting and exciting to absorb all that knowledge and world-building, so much that I read on whenever I can on my phone! :D

Also a huge thanks and props to the person that made the detailed summery, it's easily understandable and the screenshots and little videos really make it easy to completely submerge into the world and setting. Seems like Ar Nosurge jumped to the front spot of my backlog, that I can already tell :p

If you actually want a challenge and boss battles not to last 30 seconds, play on hard or vet. It's a bit anticlimatic when you get to a boss and they don't last for more than a minute D: My NA playthrough is on hard right now personally.
Thanks! I actually did just that as well, hard. I figured I needed some sort of challenge but not a huge one for my first playthrough

galvenize

Playing on Veteran and the Last boss of chapter 1 as Ion is driving me nuts.
With Delta and Cass being lvl 30, the fight was manageable against
Kanon
but holy shit
Nay's 4 hits every turn
is wrecking Ion and she's level 35. Both parties have the same equipment and I focused on defensive crystals. I use a Defense item Lvl2 at the beggining and I'm still dead after 3 rounds. please halp. Don't want to go Hard altough I'm sure it's impossible either.

If the Lvl1 TxBios bug is true then I would really like them to fix it.

Playing on Veteran and the Last boss of chapter 1 as Ion is driving me nuts.
With Delta and Cass being lvl 30, the fight was manageable against
Kanon
but holy shit
Nay's 4 hits every turn
is wrecking Ion and she's level 35. Both parties have the same equipment and I focused on defensive crystals. I use a Defense item Lvl2 at the beggining and I'm still dead after 3 rounds. please halp. Don't want to go Hard altough I'm sure it's impossible either.

If the Lvl1 TxBios bug is true then I would really like them to fix it.

You need "Enemy Position Change", granted by the cathode "Lyrical Hitman". Go through
Nay's synthesis events (IRONY!)
as Delta to get this item. As far as I can tell, attaching "Lyrical Hitman" to the "X" attack will force a position change for every attack.

The boss hits four times in a row and will destroy you in two turns unless you position change them to the front and Break them every turn.

Start the battle by spamming the "X" attack until you expose Nay from behind the robot she's hiding behind. Now you can Break her by focus firing her down. This will drop down the damage output to a manageable level. Try not to kill the two goon soldiers that attack every turn, just focus on the boss. If one of the goon soldiers dies, the robot goon in the back will start attacking three times a turn.

galvenize

You need "Enemy Position Change", granted by the cathode "Lyrical Hitman". Go through
Nay's synthesis events (IRONY!)
as Delta to get this item. As far as I can tell, attaching "Lyrical Hitman" to the "X" attack will force a position change for every attack.

The boss hits four times in a row and will destroy you in two turns unless you position change them to the front and Break them every turn.

Start the battle by spamming the "X" attack until you expose Nay from behind the robot she's hiding behind. Now you can Break her by focus firing her down. This will drop down the damage output to a manageable level. Try not to kill the two goon soldiers that attack every turn, just focus on the boss. If one of the goon soldiers dies, the robot goon in the back will start attacking three times a turn.

You know what, I did consider using this item but I had it on Triangle and it didn't work (now that I think about it, it really isn't the best place to use it on), so I didn't bother with it anymore. Thanks I'm going to try it out now.

In general I'd say that if you insist on sticking with veteran mode you want to have synthesized as much stuff as you can, which is to say that for each shop you should keep talking to the shopkeeper, viewing the scenes that pop up when you leave, and synthesizing whatever recipies you get from those scenes, until you can't go any further.

kiryogi

Banned
Ion on veteran is a pain in the ass altough I'm starting to clear all waves a bit better now. but then
Nay
boss battle appears and... Can't do shit.

Ciel before Ar for optimal enjoyablity. It picks up at later chapters so you REALLY have to finish it.

... Is that exclusive to our version of the game or is the japanese ver. also broken?

Also I have a question near the end of chapter 1 when
Ion and Delta&Cass fight each other. I fought as Delta but was it possible to fight as Ion? Also it just feels weird to see them try to kill Ion after all they've been through in Ciel (altough Delta is excused).
Actually, most of the time it feels like some of the events in Ciel never happened. First of all
how is Kanon even alive when it's been confirmed she dissapeared?
I also feel Nay is acting a bit too coldly at Ion when they meet for the first time
I've got many questions regarding the events between Ciel and Ar.
Hardcore Ciel spoilers ahead:
How many people have hibernated? Do they know they've hibernated for 5000 years? If they don't, why aren't they surprised at everything that has happened during those 5000 years? Was there an empress while Nay was asleep? SO MANY THINGS THAT MAKE NO SENSE
I suppose all of it will be explained in future chapters. Hope it will.

1 - I don't think it was necessarily killing intent, plus Casty knew about the room's secret. Also Nay didn't have much of a choice and acted as the empress should have. Phase 2 goes more into it between her and Ion. Felion was the last stand for humanity, she had to do something to stop the Sharl.

2 - They sort of hint at this in Ciel with how Zill captured Ion's soul previously in one of the alternate timelines. You also see a hint of this when you see Kanon just in stasis at the Genomirai Church. But essentially, like you see with Cosal, Zill extracts Kanons soul from the Microquasar and places it into a vessel. Remember that the Microquasar was formed by Ra Ciela Fusor, in which it compressed the planet and it's inhabitants into that form of energy. Which is also how they're able to infuse Sharl with Genom souls.

3 - No exact number, and they do, when they refer to folks that can use Song Magic as "Ancients". It seems like Ra Ciela civilization continued to live on in Soreil to various states after the events of Ciel despite how many folks were in cold sleep or not. As it states in game, many generations have come to pass since the events of Ra Ciela Fusor. I don't think there was any empress until Nay returned.

Can someone explain the equipment system to me?

I'm
when you're heading back to that one area to get the code or whatever that was stolen
. I notice the shops have equipment-like stuff for sale, but it's the same stuff I already have equipped and nothing else I'm getting item-wise seems to be equipment.

Is it something that unlocks a little later on perhaps?

kiryogi

Banned
Can someone explain the equipment system to me?

I'm
when you're heading back to that one area to get the code or whatever that was stolen
. I notice the shops have equipment-like stuff for sale, but it's the same stuff I already have equipped and nothing else I'm getting item-wise seems to be equipment.

Is it something that unlocks a little later on perhaps?

Shops will later on sell some more basic stuff but nothing new really. The best and only way to get upgrade in this game is thru the Synthesis system.

Lucentto

Banned
Just finished the game, about 42 hours. Overall I really enjoyed the game. I am truly glad I decided to take the time read the Ciel nosurge summary or else I would have been totally lost 90% through the game. The story had elements that I rarely ever see in games.
Yes, I am referring to the 7th dimension stuff.
Also it's kind of hard for me to ever recommend this game to people though because taking hours to read the summary is basically essential if you ever want to understand anything in this game. Despite that, if you can stomach reading the summary, this game is great to go through.

kiryogi

Banned
Just finished the game, about 42 hours. Overall I really enjoyed the game. I am truly glad I decided to take the time read the Ciel nosurge summary or else I would have been totally lost 90% through the game. The story had elements that I rarely ever see in games.
Yes, I am referring to the 7th dimension stuff.
Also it's kind of hard for me to ever recommend this game to people though because taking hours to read the summary is basically essential if you ever want to understand anything in this game. Despite that, if you can stomach reading the summary, this game is great to go through.

It's true, but at the same time, the summary/story itself is a really good read. I haven't met anyone that's been negative about it besides all the jargon it uses. IE, if you want just a good read itself, folks should check out Ciel regardless. But I'm happy to see someone really enjoyed Ar nosurge so :D

kiryogi

Banned
What's the point of having other characters besides the main ones (ie Nay for example) change their personality?

Just effects song magic effects and whatnot, plus where ever the chain partner is will determine what direction in personality she will shift to when she uses that song.

Also! Koei Tecmo America wants your feedback on Ar nosurge! Actually it links to KT Japan :eek: But let them know how you feel about it, and tell them you want Ciel nosurge!

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/arnosurge_na

Top Bottom