• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

Enker

so what you're telling me is you care more about surviving the night than town winning.

Looks like your plan is for naught Squidy. Unless there’s a better way to ask people kindly to evacuate the mission. We know Quantam and Ezekel aren’t budging so I can’t get on the list.

because he was the cop and deserved protection and there'd be someone for him to check that he didn't like.
I would think he could handle his own protection and he didnt really dislike golak. Also no one knew he was the cop at the time, so he was safe imo. Unless I missed a post that said he was the cop?I thought u posting that Lana nope pic was a bit too much.

what's sterling archer's night action? what special information does he generate for town? oh wait his entire deal is being harder to kill? thats exactly why we shouldn't really be protecting you.
What is ur night action? One charge gone, but won't tell us what it is. Me being a confirmed town should be good enuff.

so what you're telling me is you care more about surviving the night than town winning.
If you want to go with that, be my guest. What changes if I take Maz's spot in your grp of 4? What is exactly proven if we cant trust none of the ppl you chose on the mission? You obviously think enuff to protect me to remove me from the mission because you think Sep is the HP. Or use it as an excuse to get me off the mission. If HP if one of the ones you said, I don't mind dying on a mission to weed them out.

squidyj

fine, yall wanna know about my ability? I become an ability magnet, everything targets me within my sphere of influence. kills, protections, investigations, everything. I figured I'd test for another doc but then mafia killed on the mission, so we'll see what happens tongiht.

Enker

fine, yall wanna know about my ability? I become an ability magnet, everything targets me within my sphere of influence. kills, protections, investigations, everything. I figured I'd test for another doc but then mafia killed on the mission, so we'll see what happens tongiht.

That’s only active at night, correct?

is it power role fishing time guise~

:x

squidy, how do you determine this 'sphere of influence'

ER, now you know squidy's ability, are you open to unvolunteer or what?

squidyj

I didn't really care until you said I should sacrifice myself off mission for a theory of yours. Would really like to know QB's role though. It being mission specific doesnt really make much sense.

man, archer's fucking useless anyway. I just want to load the team up with scum and someone I suspect is scum (mazre) and see how it shakes out. if mazre dies thats great, we don't have to worry about figuring him out. if someone in the non-mission team dies then we aren't any worse off than we would be with our usual mission usage (which is generally garbage and now that darryl is dead there's no real reason to use it to protect anyone). We are, in fact, slightly better off because we have a slightly better idea of where scum is.

I've made this argument before but it seems like there are people here insistent that we piss away every advantage we have as town.

Enker

do you have a daytime action enker? lets hear about it.

You noted my request to be the last vote, correct? I don’t want to accidentally kill you as we all want to kill Gorlak.

This isn’t a Blarg puzzle - I only know of one daytime action.

ER, now you know squidy's ability, are you open to unvolunteer or what?
Where did I say I would unvolunteer if I knew Squidy's ability?

man, archer's fucking useless anyway. I just want to load the team up with scum and someone I suspect is scum (mazre) and see how it shakes out. if mazre dies thats great, we don't have to worry about figuring him out. if someone in the non-mission team dies then we aren't any worse off than we would be with our usual mission usage (which is generally garbage and now that darryl is dead there's no real reason to use it to protect anyone). We are, in fact, slightly better off because we have a slightly better idea of where scum is.
How was it generally garbage when we used it to develope a system to communicate how the cop would let us know who he cleared? Also Darryl didn't need protection. Whose to say he would've died if he stayed off mission?

man, archer's fucking useless anyway.
Meh, I'm not mod. Having a night action would make things more fun, but I'll settle for being nigh unkillable.

Where did I say I would unvolunteer if I knew Squidy's ability?

I didn't really care until you said I should sacrifice myself off mission for a theory of yours. Would really like to know QB's role though. It being mission specific doesnt really make much sense.

inference i guess? seems like you said your care about his ability has something to do with your decision about his mission idea

so..... still not unvolunteering? ok. just checking.

It’s also interesting how you popped in now.

i think so too :x

inference i guess? seems like you said your care about his ability has something to do with your decision about his mission idea
Nope, nothing like that. Should probably be don't instead of didn't. Seemed he revealed that power as a result of me asking what his role was, which I only asked because he was using my non actionable ability as an excuse for me to be off mission.

Nope, nothing short of HP being killed can stop me from voluntarily going off mission.

Enker

1. I'm not at squidyj's beck and call and under no obligation to follow his whims.

2. What does the aforementioned have to do with me popping in as you say.

It makes you look pretty scummy. Ignore the conversation and pop in on a potential role reveal.

squidyj

1. I'm not at squidyj's beck and call and under no obligation to follow his whims.

2. What does the aforementioned have to do with me popping in as you say.

so you didnt feel like it was worth discussing it at all then? thats pretty anti town.

been thinking about this and i was wondering, if anyone can run / explain how the Switcher mechanics would affect the results of a Cop's readings?

Say if there's a KGB switcher in the missions and he switched himself with another mission goer who is Agency and then Darryl took a reading on this person, would the reading shows a false positive because basically Darryl would be reading the alignment of the switched target?

can someone halp, pls

cuz say, if I was KGB, i would know WHO is not KGB -> then i signed up for mission -> 3 other peeps signed up (Agency) -> Switch myself with any other just in case there's an inves power -> ??? -> PROFIT

been thinking about this and i was wondering, if anyone can run / explain how the Switcher mechanics would affect the results of a Cop's readings?

Say if there's a KGB switcher in the missions and he switched himself with another mission goer who is Agency and then Darryl took a reading on this person, would the reading shows a false positive because basically Darryl would be reading the alignment of the switched target?

can someone halp, pls

cuz say, if I was KGB, i would know WHO is not KGB -> then i signed up for mission -> 3 other peeps signed up (Agency) -> Switch myself with any other just in case there's an inves power -> ??? -> PROFIT

Switcher would switch person A and B. Cop wants to invest A, but he would get B's results without knowing it.

Mazre

so you didnt feel like it was worth discussing it at all then? thats pretty anti town.

You don't really have discussions squidyj. You take unilateral action, make demands, and then shout down and accuse anyone who happens to disagree with you.

You don't really have discussions squidyj. You take unilateral action, make demands, and then shout down and accuse anyone who happens to disagree with you.

he gots us a nikolai jakov tho

why you so hating :<

vote: mazre

i think this is a theory worth poking at. you've been scummy for a long time to me.

(we can always lynch gorlak whenever, but between mazre and gorlak, mazre's been bothering me much longer, much, much longer.)

I see no reason to delay Gorlak's lynch today to prove Squidy's theory right or wrong.
Facts are maz and me are cleared by a cop. Whether there was some screwy things going on with Darryl's check on Maz is just theory.

I see no reason to delay Gorlak's lynch today to prove Squidy's theory right or wrong.
Facts are maz and me are cleared by a cop. Whether there was some screwy things going on with Darryl's check on Maz is just theory.

then why did he suddenly failed to volunteer now

is like N3, mafia failed to kill... probsy cuz of another krieger clone or blocker

N4, thinking their man has been found out, ON THE OUTSIDE OF MISSIONS, the first inside-mission death happened

D5: to everyone's surprise, even palmer, maz failed to be inside of missions for the first time

IDK what to call that if not suspicious

KGB be switching up their men so they can continue to kill outside of the missions, yo~

BUT ok, if everyone's on board the gorlak-death-train. I'll oblige. I'll only be more than happy to come back and revisit maz once we flipped Gorlak to be Agency. Like. MORE than HAPPY.

Enker

Yeah, the next round of suspicious behavior investigation squad is upon the morrow.

Palmer_v1

he gots us a nikolai jakov tho

why you so hating :<

vote: mazre

i think this is a theory worth poking at. you've been scummy for a long time to me.

(we can always lynch gorlak whenever, but between mazre and gorlak, mazre's been bothering me much longer, much, much longer.)

No. Occam's Razor says we need to lynch Gorlak. If he flips town, we reinvestigate the other 2 from that mission. If he flips Mafia, I have to wonder why the hell you're trying to deflect attention.

No. Occam's Razor says we need to lynch Gorlak. If he flips town, we reinvestigate the other 2 from that mission. If he flips Mafia, I have to wonder why the hell you're trying to deflect attention.

Fine. I bet he'll flip town. Let the chips fall where they may. Lets do this.

Vote: Gorlak

I'll avenge youuuu Gorlak~

Enker

Fine. I bet he'll flip town. Let the chips fall where they may. Lets do this.

Vote: Gorlak

I'll avenge youuuu Gorlak~

Well, here we go. I told you I’d be the last vote today. If I wait until I wake up Gorlak is dead without me.

Gorlak, if you’re going to attempt to frame people don’t use low post counts as an excuse, it makes you sound desperate. Plus, if you didn’t notice we used that logic to lynch a doctor already and we have more then enough to work with from events in the game, so

ghJGhTM.gif

Thankfully, everyone else wants you dead too so I can safely do this without causing a ruckus and prove myself as town to get off of Squidy’s naughty list. That is, if you didn’t figure all of this out already and were ignoring me because my power sucks.

OVERRIDE: Gorlak

The good news is now I can post freely. As this is my first time playing I had no clue how to use Override effectively (is there actually a strategy?) so I was waiting for a day where we had a clear consensus and NOT have to use it to defend myself from a lynch.

I would have used For the First Time in Forever (Reprise) if it was self defense, and the Fargo TV theme if I was KGB

Assuming this is true, you probably just wasted your ability since Gorlak was being voted out anyway
heh.png

Also, doesnt really prove your alignment one or ot the other
troll.png

The good news is now I can post freely. As this is my first time playing I had no clue how to use Override effectively (is there actually a strategy?) so I was waiting for a day where we had a clear consensus and NOT have to use it to defend myself from a lynch.

Looks like it is true. Strategy would be to use the ability to save someone you really think is town from being lynched. Or if there is a close vote and you will have a good scum feeling about someone and you willing to risk it.

Looks like me/kris/QB/TG are on the mission. 2 of the 4 are confirmed town.
Wonder if one of us will die.
Wonder if QB's role will be made clearer to us.
Wonder how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

How does the investigation part work? So, I'm assuming the kills and protects will cancel each other out, and you can't be role blocked. But what, exactly, happens with the investigation? Does the investigator just get a read on you? And if so, does he know that he got your result instead of his original target's?

OVERRIDE: Gorlak[/spoiler]
Now that you've used it, can you tell us what this is supposed to do?

Top Bottom