• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

QB did not target me last night. :) I would have known.

Night 1: El Topo
Night 2: Arkos
Night 3: Darryl
Night 4: Palmer
Night 5: Kristoffer

Interesting

You've done something wrong on the bottom if you have me cleared.

Each night I'm able to hunt one player and based on who I choose either nothing happens (ISIS or neutral), I die (KGB), or they die (Honeypot). My role is neutral.

My night targets were...
Night 1: El Topo
Night 2: Arkos
Night 3: Darryl
Night 4: Palmer
Night 5: Kristoffer

cabot

Everything points to Gorlak. Eze claims to be Archer which makes sense with N1, deathless. Mazre still seems suspicious as Palmer voted for him, when they probably shared juicy information in the missions. If Darryl did check Mazre, then Gorlak is KGB!

VOTE:Gorlak

Mike didn't vote for Haly, though he did vote Gorlak. Gorlak was done for sure, so not much to read into that.

Not voting on d4 at all was annoying.

You missed that squidy used his role on n4, so Palmer would not have been hit by QB, it would have been squidy

ahhh. ok.
=========
If that is the case. Squidy are you telling the truth about your power? At this point if it is fake then it may be getting in the way of us figuring out stuff.

Palmer_v1

ahhh. ok.
=========
If that is the case. Squidy are you telling the truth about your power? At this point if it is fake then it may be getting in the way of us figuring out stuff.

It makes sense considering the fluff. I don't really doubt his claim.

@Squidyj

Can you verify that you did not use your power any other time but N4 so far? We do still have a mystery to solve for N1.

If you're going to claim, you might as well go full bore at this point. Is the implication that you're a bomb?
I am Pamela Poovey, the Director of Human Resources. I value no one's basic privacy and can follow anyone around me at night. This tells me who they target. Last night I followed QB and he didn't target anyone.

N1: Enker visited no one. Can't say why cooljeanius chose him.
N2: No one (thanks, cooljeanius)
N3: I chose Darryl, because he pissed me the fuck off. Darryl visited TheGoddamn, which I thought was weird. This made me suspicious of him (I thought he was framer) so that's why I put pressure on TG to speak up... In case KGB was trying to make a Patsy out of an inactive. Glad I did, because TG rocks now.
N4: I chose MikeHawk, because he didn't even vote! I mean, come on! But he visited... No one? But squidyj lightning rodded that night, so I have no clue.
N5: QB. Visited no one. Weird. :)

Yeah, shitty picks, sorry I couldn't be as cool as YesNo.

Hobohodo

Ok so Kris is bullshitting you all.

I'm Pam Poovey, the Peeping Tom. Amazingly he has also claimed the exact ability I have. More to follow.

And I'm not really sure if when I follow someone how that interacts with lightning rod. Do I track Squidyj? That would explain the no-one on night 4. Or do I see that person target squidyj? I don't know.

I'm Pam Poovey, the Peeping Tom. Amazingly he has also claimed the exact ability I have. More to follow.
:O

If I were faking, why would I choose a role that someone almost certainly has? And why are there no differences in your role? You couldn't come up with some fake discrepancies to make me look more suspicious?

squidyj

The only question mark I have now is why did Topo's kill fail on roy on N1?

Could that have been a PR or was there some miss chance in his role. I know his PM mentions missing as an option but it's pretty vague.

Or did squidy do something n1

It makes sense considering the fluff. I don't really doubt his claim.

@Squidyj

Can you verify that you did not use your power any other time but N4 so far? We do still have a mystery to solve for N1.

I was going to use it n1 but then we lynched the doctor and I decided I wasn't ready to die just yet. N4 has been my only use so far.

So I said there was a bit of a wrinkle if I activated on a mission, if I'm a lightning rod I guess I get superconductive on a mission because I actually not only redirect the abilities people choose to use, but force people in the mission team to activate their abilities on me. That means if there's a mafia on the mission team they will be forced to kill me.

Yea.........something is up. But if Kris is telling the truth QB is lying, But if QB is lying and Kris is KGB, why not keep quiet. Unless they both KGB? I figured a tracker may be on the KGB side to better help Haly with his framing.

oq2qkUN.gif

Kris, when do you get the results of who visited who?
Before the day starts.
Yea.........something is up. But if Kris is telling the truth QB is lying, But if QB is lying and Kris is KGB, why not keep quiet. Unless they both KGB? I figured a tracker may be on the KGB side to better help Haly with his framing.
If I were KGB and QB is weak cop, he'd be dead. Either we both are KGB or he's lying about his role claim.

Palmer_v1

While we wait for Hobo's counterclaim(which did happen really fast), N4 is the only confusing part of Kris' claim. N5 also bears discussing, obviously. N1-3 are either unverifiable, or already known. Though N1 clears Enker from our list of suspects for the attempted double homicide.

N4: I'm not sure what to think. Squidyj might have to ask Ouro for confirmation on how this would be resolved, which is obviously not something we can trust 100%.

N5: We need to know if QB or Kris is lying here. My immediate inclination is QB. Kris would only lie if he was KGB, which means QB would have died checking him. But then why didn't QB target anyone? Did he skip a night, or is the entire thing a lie?

Hobohodo

Night 1: Haly, I can confirm that YesNo did indeed visit him. Could this also solve the no kill as YesNo would have assumedly role blocked them?

Night 2: Cabbeh, he was reading solid town and thought he may get tareted. No result.

Night 3: Arkos, Honestly I just choose someone here, Ouro even messaged me a reminder that the day was coming to a close.

Night 4: This is where I can 100% confirm Squidy. I attempted to peep on Palmer but instead was given results for Squidy. YesNo and Quantumbro also both visited Squidy. Yesterday I also made this post where I alluded to the fact I felt there was something going on with Quantum and YesNo because of this as I knew they both have night abilities.

Night 5: I looked at Squidy, I thought someone may try and take him out so that he couldn’t muck up any kill plans the mafia may have.

@Palmer, the counter claim was fast as I have been wrestling with claiming all day as it will confirm Squidy's ability and also confirm that YesNo and Quantum have night roles. Not 10 mins ago I had a post typed up but decided against it. Can't let someone else claim though.

Ourobolus

Banned
For the record, regardless of the role, if someone receives information I don't have a set time. It's either just before the day starts or just after - it depends on when I get to it.

How is that against the rules?
On a smaller forum that I used to play mafia, it was well known that cheaters could just look for who was active during the night phase and looking at the thread to potentially find power roles. This falls into the same category as role pm quoting and role title analysis (which I am guilty of).

Palmer_v1

How is that against the rules?

It's why the sample role PMs need to be there. Certain roles have verifiable fingerprints that the whole game doesn't have access to, which breaks the game a little bit. In this case, only actual power roles would know when Ouro sends replies, which IMO, is not a very sportsman-like way to catch somebody bluffing.

I'm not sure this has been explicitly covered before.

squidyj

Night 1: Haly, I can confirm that YesNo did indeed visit him. Could this also solve the no kill as YesNo would have assumedly role blocked them?

Night 2: Cabbeh, he was reading solid town and thought he may get tareted. No result.

Night 3: Arkos, Honestly I just choose someone here, Ouro even messaged me a reminder that the day was coming to a close.

Night 4: This is where I can 100% confirm Squidy. I attempted to peep on Palmer but instead was given results for Squidy. YesNo and Quantumbro also both visited Squidy. Yesterday I also made this post where I alluded to the fact I felt there was something going on with Quantum and YesNo because of this as I knew they both have night abilities.

Night 5: I looked at Squidy, I thought someone may try and take him out so that he couldn’t muck up any kill plans the mafia may have.

@Palmer, the counter claim was fast as I have been wrestling with claiming all day as it will confirm Squidy's ability and also confirm that YesNo and Quantum have night roles. Not 10 mins ago I had a post typed up but decided against it. Can't let someone else claim though.

um... you said he has the exact role you have but then went on to describe slightly different roles.

On a smaller forum that I used to play mafia, it was well known that cheaters could just look for who was active during the night phase and looking at the thread to potentially find power roles. This falls into the same category as role pm quoting and role title analysis (which I am guilty of).
Just for the record, I wasn't focusing on that to try to look up profile times or w/e.
I had a theory that Haly would possibly need a tracker or something to better use his powers. If you got the results early enuff maybe you could tell Haly who to target for the frame. Not trying to cheat.

Palmer_v1

Wait, you're claiming Watcher and Kris is claiming Tracker. Okay, that's another wrinkle.

And what the hell does "given results for squidyj" mean? All I got was a confirmation that my target did not follow. Everyone knows lighting rods are meant to transparent actors. Did yesno get a "You successfully blocked squidyj" message? Probably not.

It's why the sample role PMs need to be there. Certain roles have verifiable fingerprints that the whole game doesn't have access to, which breaks the game a little bit. In this case, only actual power roles would know when Ouro sends replies, which IMO, is not a very sportsman-like way to catch somebody bluffing.

I'm not sure this has been explicitly covered before.

Guess I shouldn't have said when I got Ouro's msg about beign attacked. :-(

squidyj

Maybe Enker is Sterling Archer and it's time for Ezekel to roleclaim.

I'd get my popcorn ready but I have no idea when it will go down. I kind of wish Kris and Hobo had kept their shit to themselves until Enker gave us a name. If someone is fake-claiming there's no need to give them an elimination list.

Hobohodo

And what the hell does "given results for squidyj" mean? All I got was a confirmation that my target did not follow. Everyone knows lighting rods are meant to transparent actors. Did yesno get a "You successfully blocked squidyj" message? Probably not.

It means that my PM the next day told me who visited Squidy, even though in the night I had peeked on Palmer. I confirmed with Ouro that he did mean to tell me who visited Squidy despite me targeting Palmer and he simply replied 'Yes'.

Palmer, the killer was on the mission that night.

Palmer_v1

It means that my PM the next day told me who visited Squidy, even though in the night I had peeked on Palmer. I confirmed with Ouro that he did mean to tell me who visited Squidy despite me targeting Palmer and he simply replied 'Yes'.

Palmer, the killer was on the mission that night.

but it did not explicitly mention squidyj, right? Usually a watcher would just get a list of who visited their target, without it confirming who the target is. I assume Ouro was just verifying that he did send you the correct list.

The reason I roleclaimed today was because I did NOT believe QB's role claim last night. Weak cop that doesn't discern between town and neutral? Just happened to have only hunted verified town/neutral players (yeah, my list is the same, whatever guys. At least it explains my animosity to Darryl)? Oh, and the ONLY win condition for a hunter is to kill... Some sexy dame, Ezekel's bullshit boogeyman? I don't fucking buy it at all. Sounded like a really safe way to verify himself as town and get some quick credibility points while we chase Septimus or some hokey pokey bullshit like that.

Besides, anyone who has seen that episode knows that Roman hunts anyone he wants, and he hunted Lana and Sterling. Why would a hunter like that just go "oops, Isis" and let someone skate buy? Absolute thematic dissonance.

Top Bottom