• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Fat4all

Banned
For some reason I thought it was tomorrow, not today, when the day started. Nearly took another nap and called it for today (had a busy one). So much for leading the charge :/

Anyways, back to our regularly scheduled McCarthyism

Vote weemadarthur

I want a name, weemad. This is your last shot.

This whole name thing is stupid.

Vote: Faddy

Has anyone put forward some reason he must give his name, other than "we said so and he won't so he's scum"? Cause a reason for town NOT to do it has already been demonstrated in Mazre, who would have been given fake claims of his own as per Gafia S.O.P.

Fat4all

Banned

Has anyone put forward some reason he must give his name, other than "we said so and he won't so he's scum"? Cause a reason for town NOT to do it has already been demonstrated in Mazre, who would have been given fake claims of his own as per Gafia S.O.P.

It's a 50/50.

Today should be a 50/50 vote on either Zipped or weemad, with both candidates laying out all their information. We already have all of Zipped's info, now we need all of weemads.

Both are claiming poison doc.

Flame_AC

I mean, currently we have a role contradiction between weemadarthur and Zipped, so... there's a reason, the hesitance to give a name lends credence to Zipped's claim.

Both are claiming poison doc.

No they're not. Zipped is claiming poison doc in a game that has seen exactly one person poisoned, while weemad/nudull claimed Doctor (who happens to be able to block poison).

The fact that Faddy has you all clamouring to kill the doctor AND throw out every role and role name that's still safe from scum is ridiculous enough.

Timeaisis

1. They're not dead yet
2. Claimed to save fat when in reality scum targeted me
3. Won't give a name

I put forth why they should a while ago. With four unclaimed roles out their scum has to choose a name wisely to avoid overlap with the other four. That and there's basically no reason not to give a name upon being asked, and yet weemad refuses to do so.

It's not so much that the name is the big deal, it's that they are going to great lengths to not have to reveal their name for seemingly no reason even though we know the entirity of their role. That's weird.

Fat4all

Banned
me said:
While we're talking...Zippy ain't no poison doctor. I counterclaim him.

What does this mean? You can cure poison?
Correct, it's very clear in the role.

Sorry, Nudull probably didn't mean to be obscure on that point, or to miss saving Royal. But they're a very inexperienced player, having never completed a game, and may not have known the difference between a doctor and poison doctor. We are both.

Doesn't sound like a "block" only to me, AB.

They said cure

1. They're not dead yet
2. Claimed to save fat when in reality scum targeted me
3. Won't give a name

I put forth why they should a while ago. With four unclaimed roles out their scum has to choose a name wisely to avoid overlap with the other four. That and there's basically no reason not to give a name upon being asked, and yet weemad refuses to do so.

It's not so much that the name is the big deal, it's that they are going to great lengths to not have to reveal their name for seemingly no reason even though we know the entirity of their role. That's weird.
1. who ever said they were? I certainly didn't.
2. Firstly, I thought you believed Sorian tried to kill you. Now you're claiming it was scum. Just going with whatever suits your narrative best?

Also, weemadarthur's "claim" was never "I DID THIS!" so much as "holy crap did I save someone?" Weemadarthur knew his role had been claimed by Nudull and that somehow no one died. As a doctor, that is absolutely the time to be throwing your target's name out.

3. So. What. The only reason this is an issue is because Faddy made it one. It's fluff, not mechanics, even in a cosplay game. If he was scum, he would have safe names. If he was neutral, he might have safe names. We literally had a scum get outted by fake claiming the wrong name, and you really are going to throw "for no reason" out there? really?

Let me be clear, beyond knowing Nudull targeted himself N2, I have no idea if weemadarthur is scum or town. Nudull claimed D2 so targeting himself N2 makes perfect sense. Hence why I lean town and do not understand this sudden drive to lynch weemadarthur in his place, instead of Zipped whose actual claim makes less sense.

In that case, then yes, both are claiming poison doc.

A regular doc can also be a poison doc.

Allow me to rephrase, since you seem to be hung up on terminology.

Nudull/Weemadarthur claimed Doctor/Poison Doctor.
Zipped claimed ONLY 2-shot poison doctor, in a game with exactly ONE poisoned player so far.

You tell me which claim makes more sense, and which we should be lynching.

Fat4all

Banned
It would make more sense if both the poison and the cure were an x-shot.

Why have a doctor have unlimited cures to a limited poison?

It would make more sense if both the poison and the cure were an x-shot.

Why have a doctor have unlimited cures to a limited poison?

Why not? By curing the poisoned player, the doctor is forced to let the scum kill go through. It's effectively a strong kill that takes a setup, like a sniper shot.

Fat4all

Banned
Why not? By curing the poisoned player, the doctor is forced to let the scum kill go through. It's effectively a strong kill that takes a setup, like a sniper shot.

It would be too unbalanced against the (likely neutral) poisoner if their x-shot poisons could be cured so easily.

Having the poisons and cure both be x-shot seems much more likely.

It would be too unbalanced against the (likely neutral) poisoner if their x-shot poisons could be cured so easily.

Having the poisons and cure both be x-shot seems much more likely.

With two confirmed neutrals, you really think there is a neutral poisoner also? Really? Instead of Batman pulling shit out of his utility belt (aka a JOAT) or something?

Fat4all

Banned
With two confirmed neutrals, you really think there is a neutral poisoner also? Really? Instead of Batman pulling shit out of his utility belt (aka a JOAT) or something?

If you want to go by flavor, the obvious choice would be (again) Poison Ivy, so the poisoner could even be town by that standard.

If you want to go by flavor, the obvious choice would be (again) Poison Ivy, so the poisoner could even be town by that standard.

If they were then that's even more reason to lynch Zipped! You really think poisoner and poison doctor would be on the same team?!

Timeaisis

1. who ever said they were? I certainly didn't.
2. Firstly, I thought you believed Sorian tried to kill you. Now you're claiming it was scum. Just going with whatever suits your narrative best?

Also, weemadarthur's "claim" was never "I DID THIS!" so much as "holy crap did I save someone?" Weemadarthur knew his role had been claimed by Nudull and that somehow no one died. As a doctor, that is absolutely the time to be throwing your target's name out.

3. So. What. The only reason this is an issue is because Faddy made it one. It's fluff, not mechanics, even in a cosplay game. If he was scum, he would have safe names. If he was neutral, he might have safe names. We literally had a scum get outted by fake claiming the wrong name, and you really are going to throw "for no reason" out there? really?

Let me be clear, beyond knowing Nudull targeted himself N2, I have no idea if weemadarthur is scum or town. Nudull claimed D2 so targeting himself N2 makes perfect sense. Hence why I lean town and do not understand this sudden drive to lynch weemadarthur in his place, instead of Zipped whose actual claim makes less sense.

Re: 2. Did you just not read the whole second half of the day yesterday? I gave my reasons for why I think scum tried to NK me.

The comment at Sorian was mostly too see who's reaction, anyway.

You're being very defensive of someone else here, AB.

it we mislynch, we get zipped the next day. We have the upper hand now, let's use it.

Fat4all

Banned
If they were then that's even more reason to lynch Zipped! You really think poisoner and poison doctor would be on the same team?!

Unless I get the character name of weemad, no.

I want all the info I could have available from both, and if they aren't willing to give it up then they are obstructing town.

Weemad is obstructing town.

I said to retro that my time in gafia will result in people getting better at playing town. He was not exactly sanguine at my chances of success. But, here is my attempt to get you people to THINK for YOURSELVES instead of just listening to loud people.

This thunderdome is between Batmite and [No Name]. Mafia is the Bat Family.

I did not self target. It would have been pointless.

02. [m] That Dude John - New - CET - Replaced by Lone_Prodigy Day 2
04. [they] Nudull - EDT - Replaced by weemadarthur
05. [m] Fireblend - GMT-6
06. [m] MickD - CST - Replaced by Bronx-Man Day 2
10. [m] Terrabyte20xx - CST - Replaced by Flame_AC Night 1
11. [m] TheWorthyEdge - CST - Replaced by Penguin Night 1
13. [m] Timeaisis - CST
14. [m] AbsolutBro - EST
15. [m] Faddy - BST
17. [m] Fat4all - EST
21. [m] Sorian - PST
24. [m] Zippedpinhead - CDT

12 left
1 certainly neutral
2 certainly mafia, more likely 3

Wee shares role name, unknown mafia likely [ Lone Prodigy ] or Faddy counterclaim it. Zipped cannot since sorian confirmed his user name. Faddy can claim his earlier spurious claim was never meant to be believed, either way town wants to believe it because....reasons?

Result:
Town kills wee. Day six
7 town, maybe 8 - 3 to 5 not town
Night 6
Zipped poison someone
Mafia night kill with no protect

6 town, maybe 7 - 3 t 5 not town
Day 7
town lynches a scum, zipped or whoever counterclaimed my role name

5-6 town, 2 to 3 not town
Night 7
poisoned person dies
Mafia shoots town
sorian shoots again

2-3 town. 3-4 not town.
you lose. In the night.

Since I am town, giving my role name is now playing against my own win condition. I shan't.

If you vote for me, you are voting that [nameless] is more likely to be mafia than [batmite].
a vote for wee is a statement that you believe the mafia team set up an "incompetent" doctor ploy on day two, entrusted it to the replacement, and now supports that replacement putting their own life on the line without them asking for a modkill for playing against the wincon.

Re: 2. Did you just not read the whole second half of the day yesterday? I gave my reasons for why I think scum tried to NK me.

it we mislynch, we get zipped the next day. We have the upper hand now, let's use it.

Bronx believes you are not naturally bulletproof. Did you ever own a bulletproof vest? Did it disappear that night? You have not shared that info, so your other reasons for believing you were a target are ....feelings. Give me logic to deduce from.

Timeaisis

Bronx believes you are not naturally bulletproof. Did you ever own a bulletproof vest? Did it disappear that night? You have not shared that info, so your other reasons for believing you were a target are ....feelings. Give me logic to deduce from.

Scum would want to know that, huh. I'm pretty sure you"deduced" that for yourself immediately after I claimed I was BP the previous night.

This is who scum tries to bring into the conversation:

Scum wants town to lynch their doctor.
These are the posts that make me scumread Nudull, will provide my thoughts on each one

Says they will be busier and then hasn't been, it's OK to be busy, but why this constant need to show a willingness to contribute more when present but doesn't in several posts, where they just defend their lack of activity and posts. Feels like scum trying to stay relevant in town's mind. I haven't been as active as normal this game, but I don't keep posting trying to say I will be.

Don't like this RC and then isn't targeted by scum that nightphase. Scum instead targeted a player that didn't role claim. This tells me that either scum know that Nud is lying or Nud is scum PR but fake roleclaiming as town PR. Why else would scum not target such an important role as Doctor, this baffles me.

Also, on another note, I don't like their tunnel on Faddy since D1 (granted they admit considering AB, another popular target that feels like a copout but it's too early to see it that way yet). It feels like something I've done as scum, choose one player that I don't think will be lynched for a few dayphases and tunnel them so I can avoid being part of other votes, avoiding looking scummy. This is a weaker point, but it's more of a gut one than a proper one
or tracker/watcher
Think in terms of my scumreads, would lynch in following order:

Absolutbro followed very closely by Nudull then not so hard a lean on Zipped.

then shade at the fellow scum, well down the list.
Drops zipped from the options later in the day,
When CCS turns on me, is it finally time to hang up the old neogaf forum and walk away from Gafia? Just don't know anymore...

On another note, happy with my AB vote but also happy with a Nudull vote. Willing to get either over the line.

zipped hadn't claimed poison doc yet so it wasn't like dropping him looked bad at the time.
Oooh a cage match, sounds fun can I play in it?

My only request is that absolutbro, zippedpinhead, and nudull join me please

right back to it the next day.
Looking back on Nudull's posts, ignoring the bits about being busy (because it's OK to have a life outside of Mafia), they've one or two lines on the game state really give nothing to work with. Makes me feel that they have something to hide, especially given the failed roleclaim which Nudull themselves wonders why peeps make a big deal of it. Don't know why it isn't bothering others, but for me, Nudull roleclaimed to be town doctor, a powerful town PR, and scum have had two days to NK them and haven't. That's a giant red flag

Sorian is one of my top town reads so not going to join that wagon.

Timeasis, I haven't been able to get a read on since the start of the game. Don't think they're lying as nobody has counterclaimed and the only counterargument is that some don't believe them. I think we shouldn't lynch Time today and give him the night to activate his PR. If he doesn't then he's scum lying about his PR and we lynch him. If not, then we get to test out this cage match and see if we can get some scum to bend under the pressure. We're not at MYLO so this won't cost us the game.

Now back to who we should lynch today, Nudull is the number one lynch target. It's been two days since their claim and scum still haven't targeted them. Unlike Timeasis, they've had time and just retreated into the shadows. See this as coasting scum using a great gambit to stay under the radar and survive until the later game phases.

There were more after this, but I got tired of the copypaste stuff.

franconp

I feel like this is an easy day based off his odd performance during the Thunderdome

Vote weemadarthur

For some reason I thought it was tomorrow, not today, when the day started. Nearly took another nap and called it for today (had a busy one). So much for leading the charge :/

Anyways, back to our regularly scheduled McCarthyism

Vote weemadarthur

I want a name, weemad. This is your last shot.

Can both of you correct the votes. They are missing ":" so the automatic tool isn't counting them.

franconp

Day 6 votes

weemadarthur (5)
faddy 3239
zippedpinhead 3242
bronx-man 3279
Fat4all (3251)
Penguin (3241)

faddy (1)
absolutbro 3253

red_1495148400.png

Majority is 7

Apparently I did, yes.

I'm going with the information I have, where a player claimed doctor then targeted themself. Meanwhile, the rest of you seem insistent on lynching a doctor because "they won't give their name". So yeah, I am unapologetically defending another player.

Unless I get the character name of weemad, no.

I want all the info I could have available from both, and if they aren't willing to give it up then they are obstructing town.

Weemad is obstructing town.
Honestly. What information does having his name give you? We both know scum or neutral would have fake claims, and that claims do not necessarily have to do with powers. So what are you hoping to get by getting his name?

Fat4all

Banned
Honestly. What information does having his name give you? We both know scum or neutral would have fake claims, and that claims do not necessarily have to do with powers. So what are you hoping to get by getting his name?

Confirmation of either probable town, or a conclusive direction that their name doesn't fit their role.

I want scums safe names depleted.

Confirmation of either probable town, or a conclusive direction that their name doesn't fit their role.

You want to argue flavor.

I want you to look at the posts in this game, from known scum, trying to get a lynch going on a player for days on end.

I might support a mass claim if it wasn't being pushed so heavily by Faddy. So long as a person I read as not-town wants a thing, I will not supply the thing.

I'm not arguing you aren't town Fat. I do think you haven't thought about this logically. You are just annoyed at gameplay method differences.

Fat4all

Banned
I might support a mass claim if it wasn't being pushed so heavily by Faddy. So long as a person I read as not-town wants a thing, I will not supply the thing.

You do so at the wrath of the rest of town then.

Give us a name for crying out loud, we've given you every opportunity.

Confirmation of either probable town
How does getting a name do that, when scum and neutrals that need them are given fake claims? You are just digging in your heels at this point and not actually answering the question.

or a conclusive direction that their name doesn't fit their role.
It doesn't have to. Mine sure as hell doesn't. I mean, I don't read DC comics much but I'm pretty sure Riddler isn't a peeping tom.

... ok.

Also, in case no one else has noticed, I used batman as my fluff example because Franconp keeps using him in the death fluff, making me think Batman is not actually even a role in the game. At least, I cannot remember a game where the runner "plays" a character that is a role in the game.

Fat4all

Banned
How does getting a name do that, when scum and neutrals that need them are given fake claims? You are just digging in your heels at this point and not actually answering the question.

It doesn't have to. Mine sure as hell doesn't. I mean, I don't read DC comics much but I'm pretty sure Riddler isn't a peeping tom.

... ok.

Also, in case no one else has noticed, I used batman as my fluff example because Franconp keeps using him in the death fluff, making me think Batman is not actually even a role in the game. At least, I cannot remember a game where the runner "plays" a character that is a role in the game.

he is a role

Read acohrs role

Top Bottom