• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armillo|OT| Darkbots see me rollin, they hating, Tryin to catch me jumpin dimensions

tebunker

Banned
ypMwb6yVqKew

Information
Developer: Fuzzy Wuzzy Games
Release Date: July 3rd, 2014 (WiiU)
Introductory Price: US $6.00 / € 4.50 / £4.00 <- Seriously, this is awesome and a practice I want more devs and publishers to follow.
Regular Price: US $8.00 / € 6 / £5.50
Platforms: (WiiU timed exclusive, other platforms TBD)
ESRB: E for everyone and PEGI 7

Who is Fuzzy Wuzzy?

Coming Soon!​

What is it?
Armillo is a unique, fun rolling platforming game with a sci-fi parallel universe theme. It features a massive amount of gameplay elements. For one, there is the regular 3D world, followed by a bonus stage on the moon. Then there is the evil parallel universe, and special 2D speed-run inspired worlds. Lots of unexpected deadly twists, and surprises await!

The star of the game features a space armadillo named Armillo. He’s not your usual armadillo as he’s capable of blasting off to space in order to travel from planet to planet. He’s joined by his little blue critter friends and his brother. What’s supposed to be a peaceful galaxy becomes ruined by the invasion of the robotic Darkbots. Where are they from? Why are they here? But one thing for sure, they certainly are not the friendly type.

• Roll, jump, and boost through multiple spherical worlds.
• 2D worlds, inspired by speed runs, are hidden throughout the 3D worlds. Unlock and discover them all!
• Creative, fun worlds await! Play a world where all four seasons exist! Or a retro-inspired world!
• Enter the Parallel Universe on each world and escape before time runs out!
• Exciting power-ups littered throughout the worlds!
• Battle bosses in their very own worlds. Chase, then destroy them through their multiple stages of attack!
• Lots of fun puzzle elements, including puzzles that are to be solved between the two parallel universes.
• Collect orbs and use them in the in-game shop to boost Armillo’s powers
• Supports off-TV play
• Timed WiiU Exclusive

"It definitely oozes style and charm. I can’t wait to see more of Armillo when it comes out later this year." - Nintendo World Report

Screenshots:

Trailers and Videos:

Armillotars!:
HfcXj3ITbETj
jMDbA6bv1FRd
GOXevQgV1nc9

jlCMmYhu3OXJ
FsSv1ay0wfwa
lGaMH6I1IBZb

Reviews, News, and Previews!

Official Review Thread
Thanks Oddduck and Maxcriden I appreciate your help!

Destructoid: 7.5 out of 10 http://www.destructoid.com/review-armillo-277222.phtml

Blazekick.com - 8.5 out of 10: http://blazekick.com/armillo-review/

Always Nintendo - 8 out of 10: http://alwaysnintendo.com/armillo-review/

TheNintendoobjective - 9 out of 10 http://thenintendoobjective.com/2014/07/02/armillo-review/

Nerds on the Rocks 5/7 aka 71.43 out of 100 http://nerdsontherocks.com/review-armillo/

Nintend World Report - 8/10 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/37982/armillo-review

She Attack - 85 out of 100 http://sheattack.com/armillo-planetary-roller-means-business-review/

3DSpedia.com - 86 out of 100 http://3dspedia.com/armillo-review/

Push-Start.co.uk - 9 out of 10 http://www.push-start.co.uk/game-review/game-review-armillo-wii-u/

The Nintendo Home - 9 out of 10 http://thenintendohome.com/2014/07/02/review-armillo-wii-u/

RealGamerNewz - 7.7 out of 10 http://realgamernewz.com/36428/armillo-wii-u-exclusive-review

Wiiware Wave - 9.5 out of 10 Wii Ware Wave review

AMA confirmed; AMA July 3rd at 10am in r/WiiU

Special Thanks to Fuzzy Wuzzy Games! This was my first OT so any suggestions or things you would like to see added, please let me know! I plan on updating this as much as I can, including adding custom headers and other information.

tebunker

Banned
Fuzzy Wuzzy will be giving away codes to the game via twitter this week if you do that thing. Just check out their twitter @armillogame

On that note I was able to secure 2 EU codes and 2 US codes for Gaffers. See below.

Also I found this papercraft from last year, thought I would share;

I will post my impressions tomorrow. I really enjoy the game, it has rough edges but there is just a charm about it that makes it fun. I think Kevin Cassidy at GoNintendo said it well on their podcast, it could use a little more work, but it is a lot of fun.

I'm looking forward to it. Been hearing some really good things about it from people who are playing it early. The price at launch is pretty fantastic, probably worth keeping your eye out for it.

Alpha_eX

Not really keen on the art style / lighting, it's way too dark which is quite off putting, the vector character portraits clash hard.

Looks quite fun to play, good introductory price. Will keep an eye out for it nearer the time.

Tripon

Its amazing how many good indie titles are hitting the Wii U all at the same time.

Shovel Knight, Scram Kitty on Rails, Armillo, Zensica Last Stand....

Penguin

Its amazing how many good indie titles are hitting the Wii U all at the same time.

Shovel Knight, Scram Kitty on Rails, Armillo, Zensica Last Stand....

Seems part of it may have been planning by Nintendo/indies with the renewed interest in the console around Kart 8 and... a dry retail calender for the summer.

zroid

Banned
Looks good and the price is right. Will probably check out a few reviews first but likely going to be grabbing this day 1.

Preemptively saying this now, but there will be something cool happening over on /r/WiiU this week in relation to Fuzzy Wuzzy Games / Armillo.

EDIT: Wait, never mind, you already covered it in the OT.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
the launch price promotion is really a good thing about Wii U eshop. this way a lot of early adopters can feel confident in being rewarded for being early adopters, without waiting future sales
I'm not going to purchase this game immediately, but I'll do before the launch price expire: it seems fun and good looking

tebunker

Banned
I have been in contact with Fuzzy Wuzzy and they have agreed to give away 2 Eshop keys for the Euro Region and the North American Region. I am going to use Modbot to administer the giveaway.

One thing you need to know, you will have to provide an email address to Fuzzy Wuzzy to receive the key.

So if you win, you will need to pm me, I will send you the register link and tell them you won.
The Actual Code in the giveaway is a place holder.​

I would love everyone who enters to post here to show support for this fun little indie game and to thank the developers for supporting the Gaf WiiU community.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

US WiiU Eshop Code 1| -- MB-E84C5BE0D7E889D0 - Taken by sheaaaa. 13 entrants total.
US WiiU Eshop Code 2| -- MB-47C4AF7A6AA0E12C - Taken by MigueelDnd. 11 entrants total.
Eu WiiU EShop Code 2| -- MB-CA9204AF4535F9EE - Taken by Weng. 7 entrants total.
EU WiiU Eshop Code 1| -- MB-9FFD87F9A34955A6 - Taken by Starwolf_UK. 7 entrants total.

t1404350424z1.png

maxcriden

Oh man, you're doing a giveaway, that's awesome! I can enter both US contests, right? That is too cool. I'll buy if I don't win but I'd love to win. Fingers crossed!

It is nice of the developers to give away codes. It is also nice that you set up a giveaway.

To enter I just copy the code line I want and send a PM to modbot? It says I need to post in the steam thread, is that valid for this giveaway?

tebunker

Banned
Oh man, you're doing a giveaway, that's awesome! I can enter both US contests, right? That is too cool. I'll buy if I don't win but I'd love to win. Fingers crossed!

Yeah you guys can enter more than once for the Area that you want.

It is nice of the developers to give away codes. It is also nice that you set up a giveaway.

To enter I just copy the code line I want and send a PM to modbot? It says I need to post in the steam thread, is that valid for this giveaway?

Go ahead and follow the directions, I believe i did it right in that I didn't want any lurkers to be allowed to enter. I want regular GAF members who support WiiU to have a shot.

maxcriden

I don't think you need to post in the ST for this giveaway. I went ahead and copied/pasted the complete line corresponding to the code I wanted, and pasted it in the body of a PM to ModBot. I think that's the right way to do it. Best of luck!

Yeah you guys can enter more than once for the Area that you want.

Awesome, thanks man!

I don't think you need to post in the ST for this giveaway. I went ahead and copied/pasted the complete line corresponding to the code I wanted, and pasted it in the body of a PM to ModBot. I think that's the right way to do it. Best of luck!

OK, I am assuming I did it right. The body just had US WiiU Eshop Code 1| -- MB-E84C5BE0D7E889D0 in it. I haven't received a reply though and it has been like 15 minutes.

tebunker

Banned
OK, I am assuming I did it right. The body just had US WiiU Eshop Code 1| -- MB-E84C5BE0D7E889D0 in it. I haven't received a reply though and it has been like 15 minutes.

You won't know until the giveaway is up tomorrow, but I am getting some clarification from a MOD, I may have to restart the raffle. I will keep you guys up to date.

Orgen

This looks like fun and a great price too!

Waiting for Shovel Knight (EU here) to get more Eshop love (I just bought Pullblox World and Toki Tori 2+)

tebunker

Banned
I am expecting a lot of reviews in the 8/80 range this is that first game that is a lot of fun but you can see room for improvement.

Update on the giveaway, I asked Stumpokapow to update the rules for this giveaway since I missed some things in the instructions. It shouldn't affect the giveaway at all.

maxcriden

I saw a review pop up on twitter from 3dspedia.

http://3dspedia.com/armillo-review/

They give it an 86 out of 100.

Curious to see what the bigger sites like Nintendo Life, Nintendo World Report, etc, will say.

Thanks for the link! Interesting that they compared it to Super Monkey Ball. Do you control the character or the stage, though? I thought in SMB you control the stage but not the ball? They also said this:

When you&#8217;re playing the 3D levels, you&#8217;re able to use the accelerometer to move Armillo, making the game even harder (check the options to enable it), and when you&#8217;re playing with 2D levels, you&#8217;re able to double jump.

That is neat. Reminds me of the marble game in Wii Fit. I wonder if they can patch in balance board support!

I am expecting a lot of reviews in the 8/80 range this is that first game that is a lot of fun but you can see room for improvement.

Update on the giveaway, I asked Stumpokapow to update the rules for this giveaway since I missed some things in the instructions. It shouldn't affect the giveaway at all.

Thanks for the update! Hopefully I entered correctly. :)

69wpm

Thanks for the link! Interesting that they compared it to Super Monkey Ball. Do you control the character or the stage, though?

In Armillo you control the armadillo. It does have some Super Monkey Ball vibe to it though, maybe because the stages limit your movement a bit.

Oddduck

I wouldn't expect glowing reviews.

That is neat. Reminds me of the marble game in Wii Fit. I wonder if they can patch in balance board support!

I would suggest not using motion controls when you first play this game. Play through the game with traditional controls first. I had to play a review copy of this game for a podcast.

Sendou

Are you sure about that no lurker rule? I'm pretty sure that means the persons taking part in that giveaway need 5 posts on either the current Steam thread or the last one.

Still excited to see how Armillo turns out. I want to see some reviews first but I'm cautiously optimistic.

tebunker

Banned
Are you sure about that no lurker rule? I'm pretty sure that means the persons taking part in that giveaway need 5 posts on either the current Steam thread or the last one.

Still excited to see how Armillo turns out. I want to see some reviews first but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Yeah I asked Stumpo to remove that limitation and to change it so that it updates the post. I missed those two key things. If it can't be fixed today I will regenerate the giveaway with different rules.

Sendou

Yeah I asked Stumpo to remove that limitation and to change it so that it updates the post. I missed those two key things. If it can't be fixed today I will regenerate the giveaway with different rules.

I would just make a new giveaway if I were you. I doubt Stumpokapow has the time or necessarily even the framework to change a giveaway. It's certainly not something I've seen before. Just use "RAFFLE24", "THREAD http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=847046" and maybe "BLACKLIST" rules. In addition MULTIENTRY and NOWINNERSDAILY if you want to give everyone an equal chance to win.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I hope reviews will support it confirming the positive vibe I have about the game.
I'd like to support the developer, the project and the launch price policy buying it within the end of the week (also beacuse I have a 5€ code gained with the Deluxe Digital Promotion ;p )

maxcriden

In Armillo you control the armadillo. It does have some Super Monkey Ball vibe to it though, maybe because the stages limit your movement a bit.

Ah, cool. Thank you. Now that the embargo is up, how did you like the game?

I wouldn't expect glowing reviews.

I would suggest not using motion controls when you first play this game. Play through the game with traditional controls first. I had to play a review copy of this game for a podcast.

Oh yeah, I definitely would stick with traditional controls first. Did you not care for the game?

Yeah, I would not meet that requirement. I've never posted in a Steam thread....

Destructoid: 7.5 out of 10 (the first review from a big site)

http://www.destructoid.com/review-armillo-277222.phtml

More reviews from smaller sites.

Blazekick.com - 8.5 out of 10: http://blazekick.com/armillo-review/

Always Nintendo - 8 out of 10: http://alwaysnintendo.com/armillo-review/

TheNintendoobjective - 9 out of 10 http://thenintendoobjective.com/2014/07/02/armillo-review/

Thanks! I'm thinking of making a review thread unless tebunker wants to, just to help the game's exposure a bit.

tebunker

Banned
Feel free to do a review thread, but I am going to put as many as I can in the OP.

As for the giveaway, Stump made is sound like he can change it for me. If he can't I will restart it tonight.

maxcriden

Okay, I'll make one. Thanks man.

Also, I read the Destructioid review. I found this excerpt interesting:

Although it didn't blow me away by any stretch of the imagination, it has a ton of content packed in it to the point where I'll be spending quite a while to find it all.

This is kind of an interesting point of contention for me. To me the best a game like this has to offer is usually found in the post-game where you're trying to find all of the game's content and 100% it. This review makes it sound as though the reviewer still has quite a bit to do in the game, so I wonder if the score is less accurate because of this. It's like playing 3DW and not
playing the bonus worlds
before writing your review.

Top Bottom