• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core V |OT|

Ken

Could someone explain the performance/weapon growth thing? I filled the bar on my battle rifle but when I checked it today, it was half full? Am I able to fill up the bar more than once?

Teknoman

So...custom soundtrack or in game soundtrack?

I like the menu themes, but I think I might do a mecha action playlist like I did with Chromehounds...and even Iron Brigade.

EDIT: Seems like custom playlists play over the in game soundtrack, so you end up having both music playing. Thats strange. The game (360 version) seems to have a few odd audio glitches at times ( the music/sound effects might stutter here or there, as if it was a quick freeze or something).

soultron

Banned
I'll say this feels like the perfect mix between tactical moderate paced mechs and high speed missile barrage/laser blade action.

I'm really tempted. Has the hardcore AC community decided that this is to their tastes? I just want to know that this game will have a decent community that also has longevity before I go out to buy it.

hteng

Banned
Could someone explain the performance/weapon growth thing? I filled the bar on my battle rifle but when I checked it today, it was half full? Am I able to fill up the bar more than once?

no, it shouldn't reset, unless you were disconnected or something, you can only fill it up once.

Go on...

Also yes on rail guns. I was trying to solo something to help Raven's GAF, and i'm guessing thats what I got hit with. I didnt notice the laser slowly warming up to my position, then WHAM.

You should join either one of the current GAF squads, unless you want to start your own.

TeknomanEX.

Drop Jammer in middle of battle royale. Anyone with a shitty Generator instantly has energy problems.

Supposedly some of them mess up FCS too, but it is anecdotal at best.

1stStrike

Banned
Drop Jammer in middle of battle royale. Anyone with a shitty Generator instantly has energy problems.

Supposedly some of them mess up FCS too, but it is anecdotal at best.

There's ones that mess with regular lockon, as well as missile lockon as well. You can put one on each shoulder and really fuck with people... energy + lockon disable lol.

Gamertag - TheApatheticOne. Got tonight and the next four days to FINALLY dig into this. Hopefully at least one of ya'll are on, maybe can give me some pointers and stuff on the finer points of this game.

1stStrike

Banned
PSN-GAF, we're gonna do some coop this weekend. I was thinking that we should do a practice match against each other, to help get used to how we all play.

Also, when we do 5 vs 5, I've got a mic and I'm a pretty good operator, so I'm glad to fill in that slot.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Sorry if this was posted before, but EDGE gave the game 8/10.

You can read part of the review HERE.

wow an 8 from Edge. It would be nice to see this game spread a bit more. I'm sure once word of mouth starts getting around more people will check it out. This game is easily the most fun I've had online in a long time.

1stStrike

Banned
wow an 8 from Edge. It would be nice to see this game spread a bit more. I'm sure once word of mouth starts getting around more people will check it out. This game is easily the most fun I've had online in a long time.

I'm interested in the first week sales figures in the US/Europe whenever they're released. Because of the online, I think this game will end up bigger than AC4 or AC4A, though.

jorgeton

So yay or nay folks? Is it worth a pick-up? I enjoyed AC: 4Answer but wished it was just a little more polished.

I'm not a fan of multi-player focused games, but the way this one works is so appealing. It'd also be fun to join a GAF-clan and lay waste to others.

Sullichin

Dark Souls became my favorite game of all time -should I care about this game? I've seen a bit of it and I realize the games are very different. But how can I not support these guys?

1stStrike

Banned
So yay or nay folks? Is it worth a pick-up? I enjoyed AC: 4Answer but wished it was just a little more polished.

I'm not a fan of multi-player focused games, but the way this one works is so appealing. It'd also be fun to join a GAF-clan and lay waste to others.

Yeah, it's worth the purchase. There's hours upon hours of replay value thanks to the multiplayer, and thanks to the variety of AC's, tactics, and maps, I don't see the vs mode getting boring any time soon.

Plus, the customization is nothing to sneeze at. Bored of your AC? Design a completely new one that plays entirely different.

It does have some issues, but these are minor and won't really detract from your enjoyment of the game. The issues are pretty much all patchable too, so a patch or two and we should be set for the long haul.

Dark Souls became my favorite game of all time -should I care about this game? I've seen a bit of it and I realize the games are very different. But how can I not support these guys?

You're right - the games are nothing alike. If you like giant mechs stomping around and blowing shit up, then give this a whirl. Don't expect it to play, feel or look like Dark Souls, though.

Edit: I love some of the Amazon reviews for this game.

"OMG IT'S ONLINE ONLY THIS GAME SUCKS!"

Do some research on this shit before you buy the game. If you're anti-social or have crappy internet and can't play online, then this is not going to be the game for you.

wwm0nkey

Yeah this game is getting bad reviews mostly due to people not knowing what the game is all about. ChromeHounds got a lot of bad reviews because people didn't know the focus was on the online aspect and because "it was too slow".

Teknoman

Not sure if Monkey cleaned house yet (or if there was a need to) but Zaius says there are only like 2 spots left on the first 360 team.

purg3

slept with Malkin
So I cleared all the order missions today, has anyone else finished them yet?

I got the achievement for completing them along with wiping out MoH, but I didn't get the one for wiping out the Zodiac group. Did I miss something?

1stStrike

Banned
Alright, I'll see if I can join.

It worked!

Just trying to figure out what all these modes are.

Yah, I saw you join up. If you wanna coop some missions, just shoot me a message on PSN. I'll be on all weekend.

Oh, and I just played a few online battles. Some good fun there. I ended up winning the last one we played with my scout AC (still using the dual shotties).

Most of the people online are running those heavier AC's, or sticking to ground combat, so I'm just flying around in the sky, dive bombing people, and owning it up. I don't get many kills, but I sure as hell soften 'em up lol.

Ah, you bastid. I sent you a message on PSN last night about my team :p What level are you guys? We were 39 when I signed off for the night.

Also, Marauder Shields is pretty amusing. I may just join your team regardless lol.

Wow I am bad at checking messages. Those were some good matches we had, sorry I had to bail. We're 47 now, I think. You and any pals are welcome, we're pretty tiny still but usually around nonstop.

1stStrike

Banned
Wow I am bad at checking messages. Those were some good matches we had, sorry I had to bail. We're 47 now, I think. You and any pals are welcome, we're pretty tiny still but usually around nonstop.

No worries. We're up to lvl 56 now and have 8 members, so things are looking on the up and up!

We'll have to do some team matches some other time!

d0c_zaius

Not sure if Monkey cleaned house yet (or if there was a need to) but Zaius says there are only like 2 spots left on the first 360 team.

yup should be 1 spot left I think (as someone was interested). Also don't boot me I changed my GT (to Spock Vader). I should be on tonight after work, but I'll probably play story missions for the first hour or so.

1stStrike

Banned
Pic of my AC. I love the white with orange/black color scheme.

ac1oy06.jpg

That was a fun match. Also, what's with the pilot suit thing after you've been defeated?

Can you get back to your AC and somehow repair it?

Also, all my equipment says "Junk". Is there any way to repair it?

Teknoman

I'm going to do some story/order missions while waiting for more to come online, but atm there are 3 people including me on Ravens_GAF.

Leunam

That was a fun match. Also, what's with the pilot suit thing after you've been defeated?

Can you get back to your AC and somehow repair it?

Also, all my equipment says "Junk". Is there any way to repair it?

Yeah it was. Sorry for bailing early, wife wanted to watch a movie.

Junk items are your initial equipment, I believe. I dont know if they can be repaired.

Also, i was the guy in the white AC using laser weapons. I think I was the only guy that got killed in the conquest mission. Still very fun.

You guys mind if I take a crack at the team logo?

Yeah it was. Sorry for bailing early, wife wanted to watch a movie.

Junk items are your initial equipment, I believe. I dont know if they can be repaired.

Also, i was the guy in the white AC using laser weapons. I think I was the only guy that got killed in the conquest mission. Still very fun.

You guys mind if I take a crack at the team logo?

It's fine, managed to get through a bunch of order missions.

I decided to go through the shop and purchased all new body parts including generator, fcs and booster.

Now I can pretty much boost for a very long time without having to stop. I think TE weapons might be viable for me now, as before they took too much energy and left me without being able to boost after a volley or two.

Teknoman

Me either, its just downloading data forever, and before I couldnt join our territory defense mission...said something about my NAT being different from one of the members, but I havent changed anything.

Pennybags

Are there any decent guides/writeups on the Conquest sytems in the game?

I'm not totally clear on how the whole attack/defense thing works.

wwm0nkey

Dont want to be too rude but if you are going to sit on the menu please tell us what you are doing. I know the game is being slow right now be we just lost a territory mission because me and 56 had to hire mercs. Also if you are just taking a 15 minute break go into a mission and pause it so I am not talking to people who arnt there to join up because they are not there :/

Tain

Do we still show up on the menu if we set ourselves as Away in the RT menu? I've been mostly doing that.

and yeah, server connections are ridiculously slow right now. Good to know it isn't on my end.

Teknoman

Do we still show up on the menu if we set ourselves as Away in the RT menu? I've been mostly doing that.

and yeah, server connections are ridiculously slow right now. Good to know it isn't on my end.

Yeah you show up, so I guess its best to just view team info first? I either put Away, Late, or Eating depending on what i'm doing. Followed by an "I'll be right back" text message.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Dont want to be too rude but if you are going to sit on the menu please tell us what you are doing. I know the game is being slow right now be we just lost a territory mission because me and 56 had to hire mercs. Also if you are just taking a 15 minute break go into a mission and pause it so I am not talking to people who arnt there to join up because they are not there :/

yeah that was probably me lol, I was doing the campaign missions then I had to take care of some shit and never exited the game. my bad.

wwm0nkey

yeah that was probably me lol, I was doing the campaign missions then I had to take care of some shit and never exited the game. my bad.

Nah it wasnt you but its just a measure I think we need to put in place so we know how many people we actually have at a time.

Havok

Boy, this game sure doesn't hold your hand with tutorials. Picked it up today hoping desperately that I could get some Chromehounds-level fun and probably made it an hour in without realizing exactly what each of the HUD elements corresponded to.

Then the GAF team was full. That was a bummer, but I'm pretty awful at this game so it's probably for the best.

which one?
360, Ravens. This was early in the afternoon, it might have changed since then. I'd probably end up hurting the squad more than helping it since I'm kind of stumbling through the game anyway. First Armored Core experience.

Top Bottom