• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core V |OT|

Ken

You are the only one who managed to not be near death too lol

I had no good ranged weapons (just a backup BR) so I had to stay back during the first few minutes. :p

Hopefully matchmaking picks up over the weekend. That was really fun.

hteng

Banned
What is the difference between "Add on", "repaired" and "junk" items? I'm assuming Junk is the starter gear, "Add on" is from DLC?

i guess they changed the term in the english version. in the JP version it's

Add on = Performance = which are weapons you buy from the store and you choose the specs you want to improve, you then have to grind the weapons to get it to unlock it's full potential.

Repaired = Fixed = weapons that are better than Junk weapons and can't be changed, pretty much the default version of the weapon. you can buy these weapons when you are playin the game offline

Junk = Junk = weapons that are junk.... nuff said

1stStrike

Banned
Man, I'm getting annoyed.

-Finish Mission-
- Get disconnected from the server and have to go through loading all that shit again-
-Do another mission. Rinse and repeat.-

It seems to happen with mercs too. Hire one, start a match and they get d/c'd towards the beginning. I never lose connection to the PSN or anything else. It's just the AC5 servers =\

Pennybags

Guys Y+LT or RT lets you switch weapons....

I meant to say that sometimes I can switch, sometimes I can't. I'll often attempt to swap to my bay weapon but fire my current one instead.

Is it something to do with the tank tread build I've used exclusively so far?

I know that the heavy sniper rifle scope activates through the "bay swap" command, if that accounts for anything.

Edit: Had a great game earlier with a super competent operator.

Ken

I meant to say that sometimes I can switch, sometimes I can't. I'll often attempt to swap to my bay weapon but fire my current one instead.

I know that the heavy sniper rifle scope activates through the "bay swap" command, if that accounts for anything.

Erm, pretty sure scopes are activated through pressing the trigger without any other buttons.

You're sure you're holding Y (or triangle) first before pressing a trigger? Maybe those types of weapons can't be put in bays, I'm not sure.

wwm0nkey

I had no good ranged weapons (just a backup BR) so I had to stay back during the first few minutes. :p

Hopefully matchmaking picks up over the weekend. That was really fun.

Matchmaking has definitely picked up today it was much slower yesterday. More and more people are picking it up which is nice.

Also that [07] guy is pretty weird lol

LuchaShaq

Banned
How fun is this game if you have zero intention of playing online?

Honestly only mech game I've played for any length of time was Front Mission Evolved for 360 and that was basically a third person shooter with a mech body/loadout which was fun but flawed.

Ken

Honestly only mech game I've played for any length of time was Front Mission Evolved for 360 and that was basically a third person shooter with a mech body/loadout which was fun but flawed.

Not fun at all, probably.

A lot of the fun comes from fighting enemy ACs. The enemy ACs you fight offline are kind of dumb.

hteng

Banned

remember, you can't swap Cannon type weapons aka mounted weapons, because they are too massive, they can never go into your hanger bay. If you want to use your hangered weapons while you have a cannon weapon, you'll have to purge that cannon weapon.

to swap weapon just press Triangle + Left weapon or Right weapon.

to purge weapon press D-pad Down + Left weapon or Right weapon

hteng

Banned
Not fun at all, probably.

A lot of the fun comes from fighting enemy ACs. The enemy ACs you fight offline are kind of dumb.

i beg to differ, some of the AI ACs, especially ones you fight later on in order missions are actually good.

Ken

i beg to differ, some of the AI ACs, especially ones you fight later on in order missions are actually good.

Ah, I haven't gotten that high. I'm just basing it on the AC4 LYNX fights and the few order fights I've had in V.

Regardless, I'm not sure if a few fights are worth getting the game for, at least not at $59.99 right now.

frequency

I've always liked the AC series and I've always just played by myself.
I'm sure online is entertaining and all but I get my money's worth just playing single player. I haven't started this one yet though so I don't know if it would hold up, but based on past experiences, I don't see why not.

I think you'll enjoy this more than Front Mission Evolved at the very least. I didn't like the way that game played at all.

Raide

Maybe I should have made the OT's subtitle: Chromehoundschromehoundschromehounds to get more interest. :(

That would do it. :D

Still away from my consoles but will be reunited next week. Hopefully time to play some ArmoredChomeHounds .

wwm0nkey

Maybe I should have made the OT's subtitle: Chromehoundschromehoundschromehounds to get more interest. :(

That would do the trick lol

Seriously though the game might as well be called Armored Hounds, its not quite full blown armored core and its not really ChromeHounds either. Its a nice mix of the two with the combat borrowing more from Armored Core but still having that level of thinking that ChromeHounds had.

Teknoman

I think i've got a decent set with what I already have, but I need to earn some cash to get more parts to focus on lightweight movement.

d0c_zaius

I dont have leadership yet :(

sorry I had to work late. You are leader now.

We are up to 18 people so we're almost full. Happy to see how fast we filled up. The emblem is awesome!

I think i've got a decent set with what I already have, but I need to earn some cash to get more parts to focus on lightweight movement.

I gotta eat grub but if you are around in a hour lets do some missions.

wwm0nkey

Ok I set the teams color (only change to it if you want to) and I edited our slogan just a tad. Everything is all good to go for later today for some runs :)

Also if you have parts you do not want remember you can gift them to other newer members of the squad by going into the members list and clicking on their name.

Tokubetsu

Thinking about picking this up. Any word on definite version outside of FL stuff? I'll probably have to be playing with gaffers anyway.

Teknoman

Think shotgun+beam sword paired with parts that are spec for high mobility, are a good match for close ambush/quick attack situations? Also since there is a sticky class of recon, could i stick one to an enemy, and it would reveal not only that AC's position but whoever was next to it at all times (or as long as the recon last)?

Top Bottom