• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

KodaRuss

Game is hard on level 4, I tried it. I may go back to lower ranks.

Its weird some matches seemed impossible to me and some were a breeze. I would suggest switching your arm combos up if you are having trouble with a particular round.

I am having fun with the game so far. Really want to try it with some of my friends later.

Haruko

HCO6Nxz.jpg

boy are my arms tired

Kappa

jk, i dropped motion controls after Level 1. Pro Controller was easier to grok.
I may try motion controls again in Party matches.

Kyuur

This GP mode sure is a classic fighter arcade mode. It's so fucking hard even only on 4. 1 was a cakewalk (after the first couple rounds I started getting double perfect everytime) and then 2/3 ramped up quickly. I'd be super impressed to see someone 1CC the hardest level without cheesy strats.

Mutant

I'm glad to know I was not being a bad McSad scrub with the whole Grand Prix difficulty.

After getting hammered on 4 I dropped it down to 2 and then each time I won I ticked the difficulty meter higher.

atr0cious

I cannot coordinate my own goddamned body enough to use the motion controls. Anyone else feel this way? Am I going to lose out on a lot by swapping to the Pro Controller?
At a certain point, you have to take a break. Your mind is trying to do a bunch at once. Try the pro controller or another game and come back to it again the next day and work on the muscle memory. It's a brand​new type of game, you're not gonna be perfect in a day.

KingBroly

Banned
Spending 100 coins on medium timer and missing almost all the arms....

why is this a mini game?

Someone needs to Stream this or have a video of it cuz I'm scared to spend my Coins since the game barely gives you any.

Ribbon Girl is probably the best character since she has 3 jumps instead of 1. Good movement options are a necessity

Pastry

Banned
Spending 100 coins on medium timer and missing almost all the arms....

why is this a mini game?

lol I just spent 100 coins and got 6 arms out of it. Hit every one that popped up. Missed one extra timer though

Byte and Barq are my boys, having a lot of fun with them. Plus their color schemes are dope. Beaten Grand Prix level 4 with Mummy and Min Min, gonna try Bye and Barq next.

Someone needs to Stream this or have a video of it cuz I'm scared to spend my Coins since the game barely gives you any.

Ribbon Girl is probably the best character since she has 3 jumps instead of 1. Good movement options are a necessity

I did the longest timer and hit every ARM, every Timer, and missed maybe 2 targets overall. Used Twintelle with motion controls if it matters.

Nico_D

Blocking is causing me troubles using motion controls. When trying to block, I end up punching or more often grabbing instead. Other than that, I really like the MCs, I just wish I could make blocking work.

molnizzle

I'd definitely like to see a casual 1v1 match mode.

Level 7 I can play like I would against a skilled human player up until
Hedlok
. It's only then that I have to scale it back and just use single punches until I have Rush. But I get your point and it's valid.

I guess I should qualify that I'm talking about every character with their default ARMS. I don't want to grind more than necessary so I want to beat Grand Prix with every character on rank 7 before I start to grind for coins.

Playing as Spring-Man against Byte and Barq in round 8... I'm calling BS that you can win that fight the same way you would against another human. That shit is impossible. Died probably 50 times on this fight alone.

Blocking is causing me troubles using motion controls. When trying to block, I end up punching or more often grabbing instead. Other than that, I really like the MCs, I just wish I could make blocking work.

You must be moving them forwards if a punch or grab is coming out. You just have to turn them inward.

I wish there was some kind of profile so you can see the opponents you've played in Ranked, your results, and just general stats about your performance. I also think other your rank should be shown even in the party mode.

sleepnaught

So, is the game worth it for SP and local MP? I probably won't play online MP much at all due to not having much time to play and don't wanna get steam rolled

Totakeke

So, is the game worth it for SP and local MP? I probably won't play online MP much at all due to not having much time to play and don't wanna get steam rolled

Depends on what level you want to play at. It's not easy to pick up and play as Smash Bros, but kids can always have fun swinging their arms around. The party match mode online is pretty casual though, people ahead have HP handicaps and it includes the side games like v-ball and hoops.

Ozium

um how do you block a throw from the air? is there a way to punch upwards? every fucking time an agile character does a leap into the air or a double jump in some cases they can throw a grab and punching just goes under it.. and dodging is the only thing capable but the dodge is useless

I am playing as mummy

Totakeke

um how do you block a throw from the air? is there a way to punch upwards? every fucking time an agile character does a leap into the air or a double jump in some cases they can throw a grab and punching just goes under it.. and dodging is the only thing capable but the dodge is useless

I am playing as mummy

Punch to break the throw attempt. There's a stage in practice mode to practice the timing.

molnizzle

I am playing as mummy

Play a more agile character at first.

I am playing as mummy

I'd like some insight into this as well.

I'm not playing mummy but generally get owned this way.

Huh... Perhaps dodging is all you can do

Ozium

Punch to break the throw attempt. There's a stage in practice mode to practice the timing.

I know how to break a throw attempt with a punch the problem is the highly mobile characters do it high up in the air and any punch will not hit their fists because of the angle.

Totakeke

I know how to break a throw attempt with a punch the problem is the highly mobile characters do it high up in the air and any punch will not hit their fists because of the angle.

It just needs to be timed right. If they're very close it's pretty difficult, and that's a valid tactic. That's why it's not a good idea to be too close to the enemy as Master Mummy.

Can Mummy not dash to the side to get out of the way in time? Or jump?

Dineren

Banned
Can you hit Barq with regular attacks in ranked? I fought B&B a number of times in party mode and knocked him out with no problem, but I missed every punch (and it was a lot) in ranked and only got him with a rush attack.

Anyone happen to know the answer to this?

Raysoul

I think you are holding the joycons wrong. The face buttons should be facing each other.

molnizzle

Forcing you to use motion controls on that stuff to get the best scores also sucks.

I really do hate how motion controls are more accurate.

If I wasn't so desperate for more stuff to play on my Switch I'd have skipped the game for that. Can't stand motion controls.

Grand prix level 4 Hedlok was some serious cheese.

My recent Fire Emblem Echoes experience came in handy though. I got your tactics right here, asshole

As for the higher levels... not tonight, that's for sure!

tribal24

Banned
So i got the game downloaded, does the game need motion controls i see alot of people complaining about the regular controls. Does it put me at t disadvantage playing with pro or handheld joy cons.

Top Bottom