• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

Biske

It randomly pops up during party mode pitting you against Level 7 AI instead of against a person.

Level 4 AI would be hard enough to end most ARMS careers.

GOD why are people so dumb in 1v1v1, if you only ever fight me... the other person at full health will easily kill you... like what just happened. As soon as you spent everything to get me... they got you. God.

That feel when you're in 2v2 and your partner drops out...

tumblr_mv52m3BFJH1rui2o1o1_500.gif

heringer

Hitting the opponent gives a lot of points. I first ignored getting hit and was wondering why the CPU was so far ahead of me.

Actually, instead of focusing on hitting the enemy, you should focus on hitting as many targets as possible with one punch, as the points racks up exponentially that way.

The amount of grab abusers in ranked is ridiculous. Especially when they're losing.

Eh, it can be annoying, but if they keep hitting you with it, that's on you. Grabs are not hard to dodge unless you can't read them well or put yourself in a (bad) position to be grabbed often.

Anyone know if Ninjara has invincibility on his air dash? I feel like I've been knocked out of it occasionally. The fact that he disappears during it made me think it might have some i-frames.

FaintDeftone

I can't seem to find an answer for this question. Can you join up with friends and join a lobby with random players online or do they wall off friends from random players?

I can't seem to find an answer for this question. Can you join up with friends and join a lobby with random players online or do they wall off friends from random players?

Yes, but in a roundabout way. If someone in your friends list is in a random lobby, you can join the lobby by clicking their name.

edit - beat

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Went to Gamestop today to pick up a Donkey King amiibo and there was a Nintendo rep there demoing the game. Some 8-12 year olds were having a blast with the game which was nice to see. There was some swag as well like arms-themed sleeves but I didn't nab anything.

Filter

I had issues with the target game vs the computer, eventually I just spammed wide grab over and over. It takes out a lot of targets and also knocks out the opponent for a while.

Durden77

This game gets so fucking hype locally. I was having a blast with the game myself but I underestimated how intense it can be 1v1 local. Damn man.

soultron

Banned
I'm convinced Guard being on L3 is Nintendo's way of balancing controller vs motion control matches because that shit is garbage. Make it A or B.

Unicorn

getting put into free for falls when you are at 50% health penalty for winning is ridiculous

Yeah, even team is bad because you're fucking your teammate. especially if they are bad and then my 50% hp may as well just be 0 cuz I'm target #1 and immobile thanks to the ball and chain

also, is there no way to play with a friend? I made a lobby with no code but there's no way to invite and no way to just join a friend. Also no way to party in fucking PARTY mode?

Even at $20/year they're gonna need to overhaul the online in their games.

Zafir

I'm convinced Guard being on L3 is Nintendo's way of balancing controller vs motion control matches because that shit is garbage. Make it A or B.

I don't see why, guarding doesn't seem that difficult using motion controls, assuming you're used to them anyway.

It's kind of growing on me. My thumb is always on left stick so there's no need to worry about moving to reach it.

I don't think I'll ever get used to it. It was legitimately hurting my thumb and a finger which is on the underside (pushing the stick in puts pressure on my finger underneath as it digs into it) after a while of using it. I'd have to buy some thumb stick guards, and stick on some cushioning on the underside of the controller to sort that out. :| (Note this is with the pro controller - using the grip with the cons doesn't cause it to dig into my finger, but I can't say I like using the grip due to other reasons. Thumb still hurts after a long period of clicking the stick in though. )

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
oh shit Hawkian you got the game? Gimme your code bro
Yes sir and loving it

SW-2045-4745-9999

Why does this target game exist...
As is standard for me in the 2010 era I have far fewer complaints about this game than most seem to... but this fuuucking target game. This is the only thing in the game with no redeeming value I can discerrn. And when you're playing against Barq and Byte the freaking dog can just absorb free hits, sinces it's a 2D plane he will always be a shield, and hitting him doesn't impact your score (edit: I take it back. It gives you 10. ten. -_-). Holy balls.

Raysoul

I still can't get traditional controls for this game wtf:

- Hard to move properly after punching
- Can't curve punch where I want it to

I said to myself I'm gonna try to get used to both control scheme, but motion aiming is far more intuitive.

A.J.

Banned
Dragon + Ram Ram seems like the dominate Min Min combo. Ram Ram for the hook while Dragon deliverers the straight.

Top Bottom